List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 3 kids that miss out for Waite, Higgins and Cooney who got their side to a prelim now back to the 2s and become disgruntled. Also whilst losing your runner up B&F cause you dicked him around for a soft outsider type.

I wouldn't say its been a super off season for them. Ok I suppose if they think they can win it in the next 2 years but if not I would have backed natural progression of the list with maybe 1 addition

So?

If they have to trade their 23rd best player for a 2nd round draft pick, then they improve their draft position.

And by going deeper in finals, it's easier to pickup players on the cheap to replace them immediately via FA if need be.

Cashed-up Tigers look to lure opposition players
Nick Bowen June 9, 2014 2:11 PM
Please notice the date .. This was when we were 3-8 . Dan Richardson quoted as saying his job after being appointed in February 2013 was to free up salary space to bring in a gun & WE WERE IN A POSITION TO DO THAT THIS YEAR!...Well Dan & the RFC have exactly a day to get a gun in. We have the cash , pick 12 , we have ,Vickery , Conca & Dea to use if we so desire. I look forward to see who we get in. Other clubs are able to get the big deals done.
Or was Dan just telling us what we wanted to hear when we were playing terribly ?
Maybe no one was gettable. Pretty obvious really.

North need to win a flag in the next few years, they have Harvey, Firrito, Cooney, Waite, Thompson, Grima, Petrie, Wells, Mcmahon etc who are 28+, plus a whole other heap such as Higgins, Goldstein, Thomas etc who are 26+, they are an old list.
No chance of winning a flag

Not good enough

Would like to know what people think the club should have done this trade period? Taken an injured Trengove? Payed way overs (450k+) for Greenwood? Gone after a Waite, Cooney or Higgins? In the end we have tried to do deals but have pulled out when it the deals were no longer in our favour, and that should be applauded. Shouldn't be trading for the sake of it, that's not going to get us anywhere
I saw a lot of Norf & Greenwood this year . Yes I would have been prepared to pay him the reported $1.8 million over 4 years . Levi was very good & had a great finals series which is when it counts.
Risk & Reward ...."Fortune Favours The Brave"... Grow some balls RFC or get left behind !

I saw a lot of Norf & Greenwood this year . Yes I would have been prepared to pay him the reported $1.8 million over 4 years . Levi was very good & had a great finals series which is when it counts.
Risk & Reward ...."Fortune Favours The Brave"... Grow some balls RFC or get left behind !

If our rating system pegs him as a 300k player then don't pay him 400k for 4 years, no matter what.

It's like poker, need to play the percentages rather than bluff and bet big.

Let's just wait until the trade period is over before we start berating the club for not recruiting over paid players.

There's still tomorrow and then an extra day on Friday is granted I believe if you need to finalise a deal.

He's played like 6-7 seasons for one good year, paying 450k for that type of guy is exactly what Richmond of the last few decades would have done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance in hell he's worth what they paid.

If our rating system pegs him as a 300k player then don't pay him 400k for 4 years, no matter what.

It's like poker, need to play the percentages rather than randomly bluff and bet big.

Going along the Poker lines, do you really think the world best poker players have made it to the top by just playing the percentages?

just playing the percentages will only get you so far, maybe to the main break, but to get to the top and to become chip leader you need to take risks, its a fact of life.

Let's just wait until the trade period is over before we start berating the club for not recruiting over paid players.

There's still tomorrow and then an extra day on Friday is granted I believe if you need to finalise a deal.
Hope you right...Otherwise we are putting a lot of faith in our list & hoping that we don't get injuries . We don't have the depth which was proven when Maric , Rance & Lids missed a large part early in the season.
And we have we done Nothing to improve our depth ? Nothing so far!

Just feels like we aren't trying to make our own luck.

i know the club is probably keeping its cards close which is fantastic, but the fact that the only 2 players we have been linked to this year is a player who retired then changed his mind and a player with a potentially career ending foot injury (i reckon we knew a fair bit about it before we approached) is a bit concerning.

It's like we are 'trading' with the same approach we took in the first half of this season. slow and steady, precise passing by a team who hasnt got the skills to do so and look how far that got us.

we need to revert to the high risk high reward strategy both on and off the field to get places.

There's been a lot more than 2 players I can promise you that...

Posters saying we've done nothing... get a grip people! Tiges have been working hard for the past year talking to many players, but unfortunately we've been beating to the punch by other clubs or players have been convinced to stay.

My sources told me before the Grand Final everyone we were in to (a couple on here can vouch for it as the information was shared via PMs) and there was some promising players mentioned, but the problem is/was that most are contracted until the end of next season.

Vickery and Conca have been on the table all along.

I have it on good authority that Carlton, Bulldogs and Lions all enquired as to Vickery's services but what was on offer as a return was Garlett, Higgins and picks which Brisbane knocked back once they were in the running for Beams. Vickery was offered to StK too, but they politely declined.

Conca to Dockers and Eagles has been discussed and still is from what I'm told.

We've been trying to get Kreuzer across from the Blues this year, but will have to wait until the end of next season when he is out of contract to have a proper crack at it.

We'd considered and discussed at great length the services of Leroy Jetta (ugh!), Winderlich (who changed his mind), Gaff, Scott Selwood, Rosa, Sloane, Hannebury and Armitage.

We're likely to rookie one of Shaun McKernan, Callum Sinclair or Danniel Currie as ruck insurance.

And next years trade / FA targets will be Kreuzer, Sloane, Hannebury and Armitage.

Armitage is still in the mix before tomorrows deadline.

Tiges have been active... trust me... just being smart about it.

Personally I think many need to take a flippin' chill pill!

There's been a lot more than 2 players I can promise you that...

Posters saying we've done nothing... get a grip people! Tiges have been working hard for the past year talking to many players, but unfortunately we've been beating to the punch by other clubs or players have been convinced to stay.

My sources told me before the Grand Final everyone we were in to (a couple on here can vouch for it as the information was shared via PMs) and there was some promising players mentioned, but the problem is/was that most are contracted until the end of next season.

Vickery and Conca have been on the table all along.

I have it on good authority that Carlton, Bulldogs and Lions all enquired as to Vickery's services but what was on offer as a return was Garlett, Higgins and picks which Brisbane knocked back once they were in the running for Beams. Vickery was offered to StK too, but they politely declined.

Conca to Dockers and Eagles has been discussed and still is from what I'm told.

We've been trying to get Kreuzer across from the Blues this year, but will have to wait until the end of next season when he is out of contract to have a proper crack at it.

We'd considered and discussed at great length the services of Leroy Jetta (ugh!), Winderlich (who changed his mind), Gaff, Scott Selwood, Rosa, Sloane, Hannebury and Armitage.

We're likely to rookie one of Shaun McKernan, Callum Sinclair or Danniel Currie as ruck insurance.

And next years trade / FA targets will be Kreuzer, Sloane, Hannebury and Armitage.

Armitage is still in the mix before tomorrows deadline.

Tiges have been active... trust me... just being smart about it.

Personally I think many need to take a flippin' chill pill!

How dare you come in here making sensible posts. Lulz

Hallahan will be a good get. Not ordinary at all.
Very ordinary. Six games in four years. Langford blew past him this year. Good state league player, much like Matt Thomas. You'd hate him if he were on our list.

Loving GC's trade period. Will rocket past us and others next season.
We'll see. No depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back