List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashed-up Tigers look to lure opposition players
Nick Bowen June 9, 2014 2:11 PM
Please notice the date .. This was when we were 3-8 . Dan Richardson quoted as saying his job after being appointed in February 2013 was to free up salary space to bring in a gun & WE WERE IN A POSITION TO DO THAT THIS YEAR!...Well Dan & the RFC have exactly a day to get a gun in. We have the cash , pick 12 , we have ,Vickery , Conca & Dea to use if we so desire. I look forward to see who we get in. Other clubs are able to get the big deals done.
Or was Dan just telling us what we wanted to hear when we were playing terribly ?
You can't trade contracted players, Dea isn't worth shit on the trade table either. What guns do you see were available that we could've realistically got? Griffen was going nowhere but GWS, so was Beams, Ryder wanted to get out of Melbourne. Greenwood is the only one but he was being paid something much, much higher then his actual value.

And since you want to pick out quotes i'll do similar from Dan Richardson... "I won't go into figures, but the bottom line is we've got room to recruit and we'll be active in that regard, whether it will be this year or whether it will be the end of next year, (which) was probably more the timing that we were planning for."

Its being reported they are paying him a million a year for 6 years. Obviously due to his age the first year and second year are capped in what they can pay him( someone may be able to correct me) but that is the reported value by the end of the 6 years. They are also subsidizing Griffens wage.....If Boyd does not fire as a once in a generation forward or becomes like a Buddy, there ****ed. If he does they win

Boyd's behind the following in both talent and potential:
- Cameron
- Patton
- Daniher
- Hogan

Then the likes of Kennedy, Riewoldt, Roughead, Franklin and Hawkins still have quite few years left in them before they are taken over by the players listed above, yet none of them commanded a $1m a year after their first seasons and with the exception of Franklin none of them do now. This could ruin the Bulldogs as if I'm liberatore or Bontempelli I would be getting my agent and asking for 500+k a year.

Oh and yay, GWS get all the first round picks for the fourth year running. ****ing joke franchise run by a bigger joke (AFL).

Boyd's behind the following in both talent and potential:
- Cameron
- Patton
- Daniher
- Hogan

Then the likes of Kennedy, Riewoldt, Roughead, Franklin and Hawkins still have quite few years left in them before they are taken over by the players listed above, yet none of them commanded a $1m a year after their first seasons and with the exception of Franklin none of them do now. This could ruin the Bulldogs as if I'm liberatore or Bontempelli I would be getting my agent and asking for 500+k a year.

Oh and yay, GWS get all the first round picks for the fourth year running. ******* joke franchise run by a bigger joke (AFL).

I agree AFL May as well hand them a flag.

Doggies get boyd
Brisbane get beams and Christiansan. Two teams full of young talent and on the way up. Will they pass us.

I would go to them and say Dustin Martin for 4 6 7. the way the trade period has happened this year...i think they would bite :p. Now I am pro Dustin Martin but you need to offer quality to get quality. Picks 4 6 7 plus our 12 could really set us up

Your right we could end up losing him for nothing next year anyways.

Doggies get boyd
Brisbane get beams and Christiansan. Two teams full of young talent and on the way up. Will they pass us.
Yes, 19 year old KPP will solve all of the problems the Dogs have, like their complete inexperience and terrible defence. While Beams and Christensen will definitely replace Merrett and Patfull for the Lions who obviously have a plethora of key position talent :rolleyes:

I would go to them and say Dustin Martin for 4 6 7. the way the trade period has happened this year...i think they would bite :p. Now I am pro Dustin Martin but you need to offer quality to get quality. Picks 4 6 7 plus our 12 could really set us up

Said the same thing. I would nearly trade Cotch or a player combination for that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty committed last year. Good clubs commit back.

I suppose we could be like Geelong and go find a trade like Stanley for pick ****ing 21. We're all losing our minds over our inactivity but there's no one on the market that is worthy chasing after for. The one that was was unlucky enough to fail his medical.

True i guess both dogs and lions have huge holes at each end of the ground. atleast we have good depth in both areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back