• 6, 11, 14, 18

• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny GIF

Not a parody account, had to check twice

If this trade is anything like what it appears from a Carlton perspective, it is not entirely easy to understand in the context of where they are in terms of key player life cycles.

They would have no pick under 60 this year bar the pick 3, and no pick under about 50 next year. And for giving up all their valuable picks from 2 drafts they will get 1 x 18yo gun who could take at least 2-3 years before he is likely to impact meaningfully, especially in big games.

At the start of next season these will be their highest profile players and ages:

31 Docherty
30 Cripps, Saad, Williams, McGovern
28 Curnow
27 Weitering, McKay
25 DeKoning, Cerra
24 Walsh

The top 5 of those are going to be lucky to overlap at all with their pick 3 winning his position consistently. And attrition might claim one of the next 6 as well.

Maybe cap space is just too tight and hey have to go for low salary players?

Or maybe UpTheGutz is on the right track with his question as to whether they might be cooking something up for 29yo Petracca or something along those lines?

I did not expect them to be targetting 1 unproven kid with all their available draft capital, that is for sure. Unless they think they have a kid who can step straight in and be decent year 1 and excellent year 2 as the likes of Ashcroft, Daicos, Sheezel have been able to do under the new cheat rules that make just about any form of body contact illegal.

Odd turn of events.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the deal could’ve been done without including pick-42 it would’ve been. Do you honestly think a highly experienced list manager in Blair Hartley included extra picks that Lions didn’t require ? For what purpose? Sh*ts and giggles? He made a mistake on the paperwork? He was drunk?

If Lions did that swap with another team because they offered a few more points than us as Blair refused to include 42 this thread would’ve put the BF servers down for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have you ever thought, maybe the Lions guy is pretty good at his job too?

You know, the team that just won the flag?

Maybe the guy they hired, also very experienced just was .....better ?

And stop being hyperbolic. After the year we have had were premiership players are quitting on the club everywhere - missing out on pick 20, when it was going to cost us 32, 42,43,44 would have hardly got a reaction on here. Gimme a ****ing break.

doing that deal BEFORE we even completed a single ONE of the Rioli, Baker, Bolton trades - i really fail to see how that is going to help us get the best deal possible on those trades. Which should be our #1 priority. Originally i expected 5 picks inside 20 & a couple inbetween 21-33 for those trades. Pick 20 is a piss in the ocean Vs the bounty we should be aiming for with those guys leaving.

6/11 I think for 2 6 would have to be involved
so we are dumber than CFC???

Blair should be sacked

cause they are giving up less for 3 and know they are going to get it at the moment apart from idiots dreaming of 2

what makes anyone think they are really going after FOS and are not actually bluffing and Blair would not know the difference?

I think Dusty retired because he could not carry Blair anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back