List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

What Picks Will Richmond Get For Baker Bolton & Rioli

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not sure, so we swap 2 for 6 so we get the player we want at 2 rather than 6. Amd then the 10 this year for their F1 which could be 4 to 12 let's say but in a worse draft? I guess it depends on who we want at 2 or 6 and how equal they are. Given we can argue north may rise and the better draft I saw we ask for the 2, F1 and f2

It's really pick 6 for North's F1st rounder (they would need to finish higher than 12th) and it's a pick upgrade from 10 or 11 to 2, so even if North finished higher than 12th it's still in our favour.

It's really pick 6 for North's F1st rounder (they would need to finish higher than 12th) and it's a pick upgrade from 10 or 11 to 2, so even if North finished higher than 12th it's still in our favour.
Na. They tried and failed to sell their F1 for pick 13, so 11 for their F1 is a big win for them and offsets the perceived 'loss' of 2 for 6, which is no loss because they'll get the bloke they wanted anyway.

It looks in our favour but works for both clubs, which is probably why Norf suggested it.

We'd probably prefer to keep pick 11 than get their F1 tbh, but it might be a compromise if they don't agree to 6 + 18/20/23

I doubt I'm saying anything new here, but:
  • pick 2 + F1 for 6 + 10/11 is a great deal IF we have a clear top 2 midfielders and think there is no chance of our #2 or #3 preference sliding to pick 6.
  • I'd still do the trade even if we don't see huge value in the pick upgrade for 2024. In a compromised 2025 draft, we want to hold early picks. I can't see North Melbourne climbing out of the bottom 3. Are they going to overtake West Coast, Adelaide, Melbourne, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Essendon, Fremantle and Collingwood? That F1 will be somewhere between pick 1 and pick 4.

There is plenty of available talent in the top 10 picks next year. See this report from the futures game for a good summary:

I can't see North Melbourne climbing out of the bottom 3. Are they going to overtake West Coast, Adelaide, Melbourne, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Essendon, Fremantle and Collingwood? That F1 will be somewhere between pick 1 and pick 4.
They could overtake West Coast, Melbourne, St Kilda, Essendon. 13th is their ceiling.

100% I would be taking Knobel in the Rookie draft
Perfect developing Ruckman with 2 years under his belt

Why not just draft Dodson?

We don’t need a ruckman to step in for a couple of years and if Nank has injuries Ryan, OHB and Colina will get their chance.

However, with the club planning to retain Colina I think we may not even bring another full time ruck. We may draft a tall KPF that can do both.

If North do 2 and F1 for 6 & 10 we win.

Could be an insane period for our rebuild. + it'd just be hilarious is North gave us a top 2 pick next year.

They have to improve you would think next year. Having said that there aren't many teams you can see them going past.

Tigers
Eagles
Dons
Saints
Crows - maybe

Why not just draft Dodson?

We don’t need a ruckman to step in for a couple of years and if Nank has injuries Ryan, OHB and Colina will get their chance.

However, with the club planning to retain Colina I think we may not even bring another full time ruck. We may draft a tall KPF that can do both.
LOL OHB / COLINA

OHB is showing signs but is about 10% chance to make it as an AFL ruckman
Colina probably less of a chance due to his back issue's

Nank goes down we are in the hands of Samson Ryan then daylight

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back