• 6, 10, 11, 14

• 6, 10, 14, 18

• 6, 11, 14, 18

• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

We get 6 for Rioli. 10 and 18 for Bolton.

So we have 1, 6, 10, 18, 20, 24, 51, 61, 70, 76

Do we ?

Trade 6 and 18 for Norf’s pick-2
Trade 10, Baker and a F2 for Eagles pick-3.

Enter draft with 1, 2, 3, 20, 24, 51, 61, 70, 76

FOS, Lalor and Jagga guaranteed, with a couple more quality picks to come in the 20’s, and another likely pick-1 gun in 2025 draft.

So when it’s all said and done it’s basically Rioli, Bolton and Baker for picks 2 and 3. You’re doing that every day of the week aren’t you?

I just hate the idea of FOS, Jagga, Draper and Langford all being better than Lalor and we miss out on them all and have to watch them dominate for other clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Said all along 1/2/3 should be our aim.
Controlling the top 3 picks is priceless.

FOS
Lalor
Jagga.
Reminds me of Cotch/Dusty & Shedda.

maybe, broady and balta also fired shots about loyalty towards the deserters- but these guys all love each other and the club and I reckon the arms would be open if someone wanted to return, no sweat
Non of Rioli, Bolton or Baker will be at Richmond next year. Trades will get done.

Blair was actually the architect of acquiring Grigg and Houli who were significant pieces in breaking the drought.

Pretty sure he also had a hand in the summer of 2016 that paid such rich dividends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was not that significant

Grigg was a top draft pick that wanted to exit, Houli was not happy with Knights was it??? He might have had some info but there was no genius to it

and making a trade here like Presita after Treloar failed or there is not earth shattering, trades have to be done. Lynch as a FA has to go somewhere

It is not like he brought in Jeremy Cameron like Geelong with clever pick reshuffles, and a lot of these decisions would be in consultation as a team effort

Comparatively Geelong has smashed us at the trade table,

I am a little surprised Taranto has not asked to leave because Blair is still there. I was more impressed by our guy that was pinched by West Coast.

Some could argue draft Graham, Pickett recruitment and even Bolton and Balta was more significant

I rate our draft recruiting far more valuable as well as Dimma'a modifications, ob viously Dimma would have had a bigger hand in the direction of the group and their development

tigs2010 understands it and I’m pretty sure his parents stopped him watching TV by putting a wet paint sign on it and letting him wait for the screen to dry.
Thank God.
Always wondered if my parents were the only ones that Did it.

it was not that significant

Grigg was a top draft pick that wanted to exit, Houli was not happy with Knights was it??? He might have had some info but there was no genius to it

and making a trade here like Presita after Treloar failed or there is not earth shattering, trades have to be done. Lynch as a FA has to go somewhere

It is not like he brought in Jeremy Cameron like Geelong, and a lot of these decisions would be in consultation as a team effort

Comparatively Geelong has smashed us at the trade table,

I am a little surprised Taranto has not asked to leave because Blair is still there

I rate our draft recruiting far more valuable as well as Dimma'a modifications

He traded for Caddy for peanuts and brought in a premiership ruckman for a 3rd Rd pick.

Outside of Prestia he identified gaps/needs and identified players to step in at low prices (draft capital wise).

Not sure why Cameron is used as a black mark against him somehow? It’s not as if everyone in the league couldn’t see what Cameron was?

I’m not saying he’s infallible - no one is - but he’s not some insignificant part of what we built as you seem to be suggesting.

and who will they trade all those future picks back with?

There’s 4 teams who are obvious ones Brisbane could trade 2025 for 2024 picks otherwise they’re just trying to swap a 2025 third for pick 40 odd this year when this years crop is deep.

Us
Melbourne - 1500 points
Pies - 950
GWS - 900

So it’s basically the same situation (of course other trades will happen and maybe Sydney who want picks next year get something) but with extra steps hoping teams want to trade out of a deep draft.
if Warner is traded next year, Swans have 2 or 3 Round 1s incoming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He traded for Caddy for peanuts and brought in a premiership ruckman for a 3rd Rd pick.

Outside of Prestia he identified gaps/needs and identified players to step in at low prices (draft capital wise).

Not sure why Cameron is used as a black mark against him somehow? It’s not as if everyone in the league couldn’t see what Cameron was?

I’m not saying he’s infallible - no one is - but he’s not some insignificant part of what we built as you seem to be suggesting.

Caddy was not peanuts and was always a little iffy

who was the driving force getting in Nankervis?? Bet Dimma had a big part in it because he does not like to overpay for ruckman, just like Mcrae dumping Grundy

Last edited:
norf should be de registered if they split picks with carlton or Melbourne

keep the top end talent away from the wannabe contenders and cross town rivals

look after the working class tigers 😉

I do not see us trading up in such an even draft. it's probably the logical decision given we need as much talent in as we can get in the door.

That’s why 10 + Baker to WCE would be my favourite option.

Keep the same number of picks whilst getting 1,3,6.

Idk if this is realistic though.

Dunno about that. 2016 trades when we got Prestia, Caddy and Nank got us a flag in 2017.
graham was nearly best and fairest in the granny

lets not guild the lilly here, nothing was super spectacular here

there where important but so was a lot of other events and how much of it was a Dimma and others direction especially when Blair cannot really separate himself from Dimma due to his association?

As a counter, a draft recruiter would say I drafted Liam Baker as a rookie and bingo the draft recruiter has the joker in my book in terms of evaluation bang for buck

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back