Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we have shaken enough trees for something to fall.

Dan the man shaking trees during trade week.
No wonder why nobody wants to come to our club look how they conduct themselves

Here's how we get Yarran without losing our first this year or trading Astbury.

Three way trade:

We lose Pick 31 + Pick 52 + 2nd round 2016
We Gain Yarran + Pick 59 + Pick 66 + Carlton 3rd round 2016

Carlton Gain Pick 8 + Richmond 2nd round 2016
Carlton lose Yarran + Pick 20 + Pick 59 + 3rd round 2016

GWS gain Pick 20 (912 points) + Pick 31 (606) points + Pick 52 (246 points) = 1746 points
GWS lose Pick 8 (1551 points) + Pick 66 (80 points) = 1631 points

GWS gain 115 points for nothing. Carlton could make it more attractive by 166 points if they changed pick 52 for pick 41, or we miss out on pick 59 or pick 66. Either way that deal trumps Essendons pick 23 and pick 25 which is only worth 1571 points (or a net gain of 20 points).

"It's gonna be okay Dan, there's always next season to get the Doozy."
View attachment 185523
Thats the problem with these modern tigers, too soft...

Need to be like the tigers of old
tiger-face-snarl-hiss-close-up_20246_990x742.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With young ruckman, recruiters don't base their worth on what they have done but what they project forward as most ruckman don't develop until their mid 20's. Apart from Grundy, there isn't a young ruck like Witts, who has had multiple clubs offer Top 10 picks for him.
If clubs have offered multiple top 10 picks, then why wouldn't the pies take it? I call bulldust. He isn't worth that much.

Isn't everyone sick of talking about this stuff yet? Nothing everyone is saying is going to influence what actually happens... I propose a freeze on this thread until Thursday...
And...... Que haters...

If clubs have offered multiple top 10 picks, then why wouldn't the pies take it? I call bulldust. He isn't worth that much.
Lmao exactly. Then again "Lennon has requested a trade." Not sure where the blokes getting his mail. :$

Gotta say really hope Collingwood do get Treloar after all this, and I hope they pay out the nose.
Watched GWS' last game of the season against Melbourne to see what Townsend was like and honestly, I'm still not that impressed by Treloar. He's a good young player but he just kind of labors around behind play. He would add nothing to our team (that we don't already have) and likely just keep someone like C Ellis out of it. Treloar would have done absolutely zero to stop the rout in the midfield against North.
Happier we got Townsend on the cheap to help our already established guns and let's back ourselves to get Yarran and a gun at pick 12.

Isn't everyone sick of talking about this stuff yet? Nothing everyone is saying is going to influence what actually happens... I propose a freeze on this thread until Thursday...
And...... Que haters...
Or we could just leave it unlocked and you could chose not come back until Thursday.

Gotta say really hope Collingwood do get Treloar after all this, and I hope they pay out the nose.
Watched GWS' last game of the season against Melbourne to see what Townsend was like and honestly, I'm still not that impressed by Treloar. He's a good young player but he just kind of labors around behind play. He would add nothing to our team (that we don't already have) and likely just keep someone like C Ellis out of it. Treloar would have done absolutely zero to stop the rout in the midfield against North.
Happier we got Townsend on the cheap to help our already established guns and let's back ourselves to get Yarran and a gun at pick 12.

The kid is a gun, and the best player under 22 in the AFL.

RFC are the only club interested in him , if nothing else that should convince you that he is not worth our first and is not worth downgrading our first .
FJ does not have a good enough record to be trading down or out of our first round draft pick .
The clubs rise has come since it stopped trading or downgrading the first round pick , a move that should continue .
I'd rather pass on tartan than take the risk of missing the clubs preferred target at 12 and re entering the draft in second round .

Hawthorn made a huge play for Yarren in his last contract negotiation. They rate him. You're wrong.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back