Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What could we give the Hawks to get 18?

Short of a life time supply of hand jobs, i know 2 "The Roar Is Back" has offered to provide it, as he learnt the best technique in his prison days, have no idea. Unless we off load mcbean as I know the hawks love him and if Jed Anderson was worth 15, mcbean would be worth 15 at least.

No, when a player nominates he does with the understanding that the 2 clubs will get a deal done and 99% of the time the deal gets done, the only time in the last few years a deal hasn't been done on a non injured player was when Essendon ( disgustingly ) played the sick father card to guilt trip GC into giving up Caddy for peanuts, essendon then thought Caddy would then stroll to them the following year for nothing, Caddy chose Geelong.

Yeah understand all that and I know we are trying to do all we can to get Yarran over but you confirmed in your post what I said. 99% is not a guarantee.

So lets just do 12 (+ 31) for Yarran + 21
Give 21 back to the Lions along with Astbury for 17 + 39
So that would be a net result of:

Richmond
Out: 12, 31, Astbury
In: 17, 39, Yarran

Carlton
Out: 21, Yarran
In: 31, 12

Brisbane
Out: 17, 39
In: 21, Astbury

That looks fair for all

Option 2 is the worst trade deal l've seen. We wont give this year's 1st rounder up, why the hell would we give next years up in a stronger draft.

We havent been able to pull a doozy with the picks we have this year... we sell our first rounder for next year and the chances of getting the doozy next year is all but burnt to a crisp.

It would be a 4 to 6 position downgrade at most. Carlton have pick 19 2016 sewn up.

You really think that Yarran & pick 19 2016 is a bad deal for pick 14 2016? Wow!

Short of a life time supply of hand jobs, i know 2 "The Roar Is Back" has offered to provide it, as he learnt the best technique in his prison days, have no idea. Unless we off load mcbean as I know the hawks love him and if Jed Anderson was worth 15, mcbean would be worth 15 at least.

McBean is worth at least 7 years of first round picks and Hodge. All hail thy holy bean

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF is a doozy ? Everyone keeps mentioning it. Whats the clarification ?

People have this soooo wrong

They say "chase the big picks", and we are. Problem is the big picks have a much smaller chance of coming off

They then say "bullshit, the big clubs and footy gods like SKH get big fish every year", but it ignores two points

1) you have to pay big to get big, and most recent trades of this I'll have gone for overs (Danger being the anomaly, but I'm hearing rumours on that). Pay the likes of greenwood $450k, and our cap restraint goes out the door

2) we have no currency to trade with. Unlike the Hawks, swans or pies, the players clubs have interest in are the ones we can't afford to lose. NO ONE WILL TRADE FOR DEA!!!!!

Then you have the real doozy:

3) all clubs miss out on trade inquiries, constantly. For all the moaning on us missing out, Hawks missed out on getting rance, Cotch, and others jack, lids, and dusty. That's the reality, this isn't a target and you've got him scenario - for every one get, you have dozens that you miss out on

sun baking Doozy sounds good :)
80e4a65ff34a7ca8931fb91520e010cc.jpg

McBean is worth at least 7 years of first round picks and Hodge. All hail thy holy bean

Oh Great Beanus. Bless us with your Godly powers in 2016 and deliver us from this 30 year purgatory and terrible trade periods.

All hail Great Beanus !

So Brisbane saying Astbury not a deal. This is based partially by them and also because Astbury wouldn't say that he'd go to Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back