Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2014 then again a few weeks ago! They both promised to do everything to improve the list in trade period.
Still waiting to see the improvement

What have they not done to attempt to improve the list?

If your memory is right, they promised to do everything they could to improve the list, they didn't guarantee they would get a specified outcome (ie a doozy)

Please explain?

Saying we are not ready yet to take Stevie J makes no sense to me.

If anything he would win us a final and most likely get us into a Prelim. We need players like this in our time with Experience that dont crack (Chaplin)

He would teach our forwards and make us a better team as a whole. (Will make an unbelievable coach)

I'd also say we are close to the flag then GWS anyway!

What have they not done to attempt to improve the list?

If your memory is right, they promised to do everything they could to improve the list, they didn't guarantee they would get a specified outcome (ie a doozy)

So you are satisfied they tried but could not get anything done.?
I am sure they are trying but I can't see any results so sorry I don't think they are doing everything to get what they want.

In the EF, the boys tried and failed again. ah well we should be happy that they at least tried.? get real dude, There are no points for trying..!

Saying we are not ready yet to take Stevie J makes no sense to me.

If anything he would win us a final and most likely get us into a Prelim. We need players like this in our time with Experience that dont crack (Chaplin)

He would teach our forwards and make us a better team as a whole. (Will make an unbelievable coach)
Yet it could also have him taking games away from someone like Lennon who will serve us better in the long term
Its not that simple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didn't exactly lose a prelim by a kick

Maybe we should recruit Paul Hudson again?

mate stevie J kicked 30 goals this year , one year playing with us wouldn't have hurt i don't think, he's experienced could teach younger ones a few things as well.

So you are satisfied they tried but could not get anything done.?
I am sure they are trying but I can't see any results so sorry I don't think they are doing everything to get what they want.

In the EF, the boys tried and failed again. ah well we should be happy that they at least tried.? get real dude, There are no points for trying..!

These are high reward but low probability trades we are going for

Name specifics of what more we should have done to secure them.

Dollars for donuts, you're answer will be right out of Greg millers handbook, and it will be "just throw them more money!!!"

Hey brother, I have read this and it make me said. You see we are similar in the regards we both wear our harts on our sleeves when it comes to the tigers. I am just more handsome with a larger junk but that a side, similar blokes. I just wanted to share my opinion to see if it helps clarify stuff. Again, I tend to see silver linings in things, as a parent, you sort to have to learn it :p

Let me compare the pies to us but before I do, let me just state the "tools" Dan and Blair have had to work with. Bottom line, when Hardwick came over, in his first two years, he cut a lot of dead wood, and we rejoiced. Tim Flemming's off the world were gone, prior to that Spud forced retired Knights, Brodders etc. Richo and Bowden were gone when Hardwick took over too.

The reason I mention the above, unlike the pies, we have not had the luxury to trade out quality starting 22 players for picks. On Adams, we did not have a shaw to get the deal done...and no, Houli then was not even the same level as Shaw. We had nobody to match, so lost out. This year the pies have got Treloar but have traded out there first two first rounders, have lost a a number 10 pick ( lets call him Lennon if it was us).

Some of the haters like to say, we need quality *cry* *gnash teeth* we are a joke, why cant we get any. To those ( thats not directed at you as you dont do that) I say, ok, so you would have been ok to trade Dusty to allow us to get a Adams ? 2 years ago, Shaw is compareable to Dusty then. Would you have been OK to trade away a lids, a Vlaustin, a Ellis ? To get the picks to force trades to be done ?

Bottom line AT is a great get for the pies, but they have now hinged there future on him, ie 2 first rounders and they are banking on Greenwood, and Cripps to continue good form, even though greenwood had a shit year this year, though i excuse injuries to be the reason why.

Simply we have had no currency as our list was shit. Now though, we do have a solid group of 16 players. We will add to that group this year with a quality player in Yarran and again improve our bottom 6 with Townsend. We will also get another great kid at 12. We also finished last year on 15 wins, twice in 3 years.

Bottom line, if you stayed loyal and paid your membership in the shit years, my god keep doing so now. Yeah the EF hurt me bad this year as we should have won that game but mate, I would prefer to be winning 15 games a year and still be a live in september then giving my hard earned on a side that always finished 12th or there abouts.
Great post.I appreciate the time and effort you put into the post.:thumbsu:.I totally understand how Dimma and Co have got this point and the Hardship along the way.Getting thru the expansion period was nothing to be sneezed at and we come out of it well.As stated in one of my other posts this stems from the Pre-season where i believe we started to believe in our own hype when the truth was we hadn't achieved nothing.I don't want to hyjack this thread to much,But as stated i,ll be a member but enough of the spin and more action please RFC.Thanks anyway mate.:thumbsu::)

mate stevie J kicked 30 goals this year , one year playing with us wouldn't have hurt i don't think, he's experienced could teach younger ones a few things as well.

He's a freak in his last year or so. Arguably should have hung them up. He'll get frustrated, does things that others can't - which isn't the greatest example to set - and will be exposed

I'm pleased we didn't pursue him

He's a freak in his last year or so. Arguably should have hung them up. He'll get frustrated, does things that others can't - which isn't the greatest example to set - and will be exposed

I'm pleased we didn't pursue him

Anyways we can agree to disagree :)

Bit like Garlett no one wanted to touch him from RFC , goes along and kicks 40+ goals for the demons for pick 76 or whatever it was. If he had of been at RFC most likely kicked 50+ . But we didn't need a small forward this year we had Morris lol.

Do we start looking at trading to Freo the first rounder they need for the Cam McCarthy deal. Look at trading 12 and our 2nd for Lachie Weller and their 1st rounder next year? then on trade that first rounder for Yarran and Carlton 2nd this year?

Tigers
Out
Pick 12, Pick 31
In
L. Weller, Yarran, Pick 19

Carl
Out
Yarran, Pick 19
In
Freo's 2016 first rounder

Freo
Out
L Weller, 2016 first rounder
in
Pick 12, pick 30

Carlton get the first rounder they want, albeit next year, Freo get their first rounder they want, and we get Yaz and Lachie Weller, who are the equivalent of a first and a second rounder, plus get top a 20 pick.
Plus we don't lose our first rounder next year.

These are high reward but low probability trades we are going for

Name specifics of what more we should have done to secure them.

Dollars for donuts, you're answer will be right out of Greg millers handbook, and it will be "just throw them more money!!!"

If throwing more money is what it takes to get an A grader so be it. If the pies can do what it takes to get AT, why didn't we do.? oh hang on we did but couldn't get it done. Obviously pies did more than us to get him. simple.
Surely they are not better than us in development at this stage but they have a few people who know how to get things done.

RFC is linked to every player but everyone knows that it's just a link and we just don't have the balls to get things done.....
It may change in the next few years and if it does, my comments will change accordingly. As of now, it's a failure.

shiel, Treloard, armytage, hanneberry, tyson they were all linked to RFC but none of them are playing for RFC are they.? instead we have taylor hunt.! go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back