Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
D day week for Blair and Co as far as i'm concerned.Will determine what i will contribute to the club next year depending on the results this week.Normally i detach things like Trade/Draft from my thoughts next year,But after 3 elimination defeats and the club saying they will be aggressive this year and the net result is not to my liking then i,ll may very well adjust my membership to the same Bullshit level thats been spun to us by those in charge.
Its all upto you Blair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Piss weak IMO, love for the club isn't defined by how well they do in trade week. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Chris Scott = Ross Lyon. Go out all for premierships now and don't give a damn about the future. Saying that, I wouldn't mind seeing a flag. Bring both coaches to us and we will have joy for one year possibly.
Disagree. Scott hasn't topped up for a quick fix. The players he's brought in are all 25 years old and their team is actually quite young if you have a look. They identified there is a big age gap between their older players and younger players, with tomahawk and Selwood the only ones in the middle. Dangerfield and Henderson can play and while the jury is still out on Smith he's shown a can play.

But he's also shown he is ruthless with the older players. He was happy to get rid of club favourites because he knows they won't be around in their next window.
I don't know but would assume the young ones in his early days have benefited from the older players to the extent that Geelong can move on some of those older ones.

Perhaps 2016 will be the start of Scott's team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're pissed because they should be doing stuff you don't know to get the players to decline larger offers to play for us?

Right.......

This is such a dodgy argument. If you don't know the specifics of what has been done how can you possibly know the specifics of what should have been done. And I don't think anyone for a second thinks that Blair and Co. have been doing nothing, but we are in a results based business.

Blair could be doing a great job in his own right, but if the 17 other teams have guys doing a better job than Blair, then by definition he is actually doing a poor job and needs to be replaced. All we as supporters can do is judge by what actually happens, whether that's judging the coaching staff by what happens on the park, or judging the trading staff by what players come in. The minutiae of what takes place is not relevant for us to form an opinion because Blair & Co. are being judged on their output relative to the rest of the competition. We do not need to know any details whatsoever to be able to form this opinion.

I think the premise for your opinion is flawed, and prodigy is more than entitled to be able to judge based on what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back