Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair it was a bit tongue in cheek with a hint of honesty by Dimma. Just don't think Dimma is keen on the maverick streak?
Fair enough from dimma too - last thing you want is an unpredictable player with flair slotting 30 goals a year and keeping the opposition guessing when you can stick with a bombing it long into the forward line and waiting for ty to get a few cheap ones out the back...
P.S
Agree though that SJ isn't the solution. Just couldn't resist a cheap shot at our forward line...

Big win. Personally I thought we were in need for a ruckman. With Currie and Smith this year both talented we could have gone for one. Currie knows he is back up at GC if he goes or has gone. Don't know who we will go for next year.

You lost me here. They're both absolute potatoes.

Geelong are mortgaging their future on all these and with the exception of Dangerfield there are question marks over all of them.

2 teams have now seen fit to part with Henderspud.

Scott Selwood despite being the vice captain couldn't crack a game in the WC 1's and they were happy to let him go (whingeing about their compo pick notwithstanding)

Zac Clarke possesses Angus Graham levels of testicular fortitude.. The Suns (who already have more picks than they can use) were happy to take a 3rd rounder for him with Currie, and North were happy with just a 3rd rounder for Currie. North win that 3-way trade by a mile.

Having pick 12, 31 and 52 in the draft isn't all that bad. We could land 2 future best 22 players in that crop.

It's hard to determine if I care if we don't recruit any more players. I mean which club looks like they'll improve by enough to overtake us from recruits or their list. I say none.
After 3 consecutive losses in Elimination Finals we should be bringing in players that can immediately improve our best 22.

Do we start looking at trading to Freo the first rounder they need for the Cam McCarthy deal. Look at trading 12 and our 2nd for Lachie Weller and their 1st rounder next year? then on trade that first rounder for Yarran and Carlton 2nd this year?

Tigers
Out
Pick 12, Pick 31
In
L. Weller, Yarran, Pick 19

Carl
Out
Yarran, Pick 19
In
Freo's 2016 first rounder

Freo
Out
L Weller, 2016 first rounder
in
Pick 12, pick 30

Carlton get the first rounder they want, albeit next year, Freo get their first rounder they want, and we get Yaz and Lachie Weller, who are the equivalent of a first and a second rounder, plus get top a 20 pick.
Plus we don't lose our first rounder next year.

Get off the crack

Good to see the Monday melt is off to a flyer .

The funny thing is in my eyes, the list has a couple of issues, but, we missed 4th by a game and have made 3 consecutive finals series.
I am still adamant it's more issues with the coach and some selection decisions.
Yes, a doozy would help us, but, the list has shown it's capable. Next year is make or break for a few of the boys off field, not on it. Our scoring power has automatically improved with the retirement of Newman.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

IMO Geelong havent done that great.
Dangerfield is obviously a good pick up but Adelaide won out of that trade.
Smith is always injured
Selwoods ankles are rooted.
Henderson is a spud.
Totally agree but you're forgetting the most important thing...
They did something, they didn't think, they just DID! :p

Last edited:
Totally agree but you're forgetting the most important thing...
They did something, they didn't think, they just DID!
So you think Richmond should just do something...because?
No offence but thats what is wrong with this thread ATM.
We dont need to do something just for shits and giggles.

IMO Geelong havent done that great.
Dangerfield is obviously a good pick up but Adelaide won out of that trade.
Smith is always injured
Selwoods ankles are rooted.
Henderson is a spud.

And they have traded the next 2 years 1st and 2nd round picks. Selling out their future for a possible short term gain. Very unGeelong.

So you think Richmond should just do something...because?
No offence but thats what is wrong with this thread ATM.
We dont need to do something just for shits and giggles.

They have not done anything on the footy field though and ultimately it is about winning premierships not putting teams out
Sorry guys, forgot the :p, was taking the piss out of those that feel that we must do something, anything.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love something like:

We give: Picks 12 + 31, 2016 First rounder
We get: Yarran, 2016 First rounder

Basically giving up pick 12 for Yarran, and getting our value back by giving up a second rounder in a weak draft to upgrade our first rounder next year to a top 5 pick in a strong draft.

The gap between a top five pick and pick 12-18 is generally pretty damn expensive though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back