Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne getting into picks 3 and 7, still having 46 and 50 and then getting Bugg (ok) and Melksham (average) and Kennedy (average) whilst only losing spuds like Toump-ass, Fitzpatrick and Howe and 2016 1st round…reckon they’ve done ok.

Number of clubs like Port, Pies, Geelong, Bulldogs could finish above us in 2016.

Saints and Melbourne only getting stronger. Should be interesting.

Hopefully 2016 is a great clean out year so we can really boost our list and personnel to take us forward from there and give Lids a chance to hold the cup

I'm pretty happy with our trade period.
I am obviously disappointed we didn't land Treloar or Dangerfield or another big name. But we would have had to give up big $$$ and two first round draft picks. So what we got for what we spent is pretty good. Yarran is a B grader who could be an A- and he could help us off half back or up forward. Townsend looks like he could be a B grader and provide us with the midfield grunt we were lacking. And we still have our pick 12 for this year and our first rounder next year. And we kept Lennon and Astbury.
Super excited for season 2016.
Go Tiges!

Melbourne getting into picks 3 and 7, still having 46 and 50 and then getting Bugg (ok) and Melksham (average) and Kennedy (average) whilst only losing spuds like Toump-ass, Fitzpatrick and Howe and 2016 1st round…reckon they’ve done ok.

After the cluster f****d up last 6 years they are banking on one player pulling them out of the abyss and are desperate to build a new team around him..if they get it wrong this is what the Long Room will look like
article-2193403-14B86D76000005DC-303_964x754.jpg

Are we still getting Luke Parker ? he was supposed to have the RFC polo on at 3pm locked in and its now 3.31pm. :)

Hes just gone to try on sizes atm

So Carlton accept the offer that was originally offered 12 days ago - gahhh. Glad we stood firm though.

Part of me thinks that if they played the ball and not the man, they could have done deals after the Yaz deal that would have ensured they kept Menzel.

The only trade for them that was good was getting 11 from the Dogs. All the rest was pus. lolz if we draft a player at 12 that makes pick 11 look like Tambling!!

1,8,11 and 19. That's good in any draft. No lol's here. Menzel was a brave trade. Very talented but lazy. Could bite us but we got quite a few in return. Got rid of 2 players who simply weren't interested in playing for us. It's what you do when you win the spoon.

If we didn't do the Yarran deal we were stuck with him. No pick at all in a rebuild and a disgruntled, half-arsed player, who was actually accused of not trying and dropped for it. Pick 19 is alot better than that. We tired hard for pick 12 but were always taking 19, if we were smart, even if it took to the last 20 minutes. Sometimes you get "overs", sometimes you take "unders" and run with it. Yarran can look a top 10 sometimes, he'll be exhilarating to watch with his skills and fast, bouncing runs, but can be frustrating at times too and look about pick 40. This year he looked about pick 80. We fought for pick 12, as a former pick 6, but his form didn't deserve it realistically. I'd have taken 19 earlier on, been thankful for it and moved on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol sos blinked first as expected 2 mid 30's picks for yarran is a great result kept lennon got townsend for heck all now get to laugh as carlspoon pick a bunch of spuds

We've nearly collected the entire set. Just need to pick up 2 more and we can move onto their 2005 crop (Murphy and Kennedy).

2006 Pick 1 - Bryce Gibbs
2006 Pick 17 - Shaun Hampson
2006 Pick 19 - Shaun Grigg

2007 Pick 1 - Matthew Kreuzer
2008 Pick 6 - Chris Yarran

And they laughed at us for finishing 9th those years because "we wouldn't get access to elite young talent" like they would. Just goes to show how tanking doesn't work. Hopefully this years draft is just as successful for them.

1,8,11 and 19. That's good in any draft. No lol's here. Menzel was a brave trade. Very talented but lazy. Could bite us but we got quite a few in return. Got rid of 2 players who simply weren't interested in playing for us. It's what you do when you win the spoon.

If we didn't do the Yarran deal we were stuck with him. No pick at all in a rebuild and a disgruntled, half-arsed player, who was actually accused of not trying and dropped for it. Pick 19 is alot better than that. We tired hard for pick 12 but were always taking 19, if we were smart, even if it took to the last 20 minutes. Sometimes you get "overs", sometimes you take "unders" and run with it. Yarran can look a top 10 sometimes, he'll be exhilarating to watch with his skills and fast, bouncing runs, but can be frustrating at times too and look about pick 40. This year he looked about pick 80. We fought for pick 12, as a former pick 6, but his form didn't deserve it realistically. I'd have taken 19 earlier on, been thankful for it and moved on.
I have to say, I am not a big fan of your club in any way. But you've gone about it perfectly. 4 picks inside the top 20, chased a bunch of kids from GWS who could be anything while using a few decent players to do so. I'd be wrapt with your trade period and how your staff have gone about it.

The only thing, is get 19 is a fair price and you tried for 12, dont blame you blokes for that but SOS cost you Tomlinson for hard balling for too long, Mackay admitted as much. IMO it would have been better for all to have got the deal done yesterday arvo. IMO my club would be pissed off by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back