Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of tanties from grown men in the last few days re the tigers list management when in the end the rfc prove once again they know that they are doing.

naaa dude...at the end of the day the Hammer bungle means they will need to re-prove every ****ing year....that was unacceptable, but we will pass it off as part of our development ;)

As for terry giving us a c- landing yarran and Townsend while keeping our first rounder strengthens our list straight up and gives is sustainable growth. There's only so many doozys that want to leave there club who aren't just chasing cash. Holding our nerve on the yarran trade and getting creative on the pick 19 trade is better than mediocre in my opinion

Yep, tend to agree. We managed to bring in 2 players who will be best 22 you'd suspect amd both have the capability of helping tje output of other best 22 players. We didn't overpay for Yarran despite the Blues' holdout, and therefore are able to keep adding a talented young player as well as keeping Lennon.

Furthermore, we didn't lose anyone who is also on the periphery of best 22 (Astbury) which is equally as important.

Obviously not adding an A grade talent is where we let ourselves down. But as I've argued, we were no chance for Dangerfield nor Treloar.

In that respect credit to Collingwood who had a great period. Getting Treloar, Aish (net gain id say with losing Freeman) and Howe is pretty good business. BUT for a team that finished outside the top 8 it will be interesting to see if they gave up too much of their future for the present (Treloar gun, Aish POTENTIAL gun, Howe does some nice things).

We did well. Not perfect. But no bad either.

IMO Yaz to replace Newman
Townsend to take lamberts mid spot
lambert to take Lloyd small forward spot.

Yazmataz for Newy like you said.
Lennon for Griff or Lambert's forward spot, depending on the forward set up.
Townsend for Lambert's mid spot.
C.Ellis for Hunt or Batchelor, again dependant on match ups.

However over the course of the season I think Townsend will replace Grigg, whilst C.Ellis will force his way into the midfield. Grigg will be demoted to the VFL side, which might sound slightly ridiculous but I think Townsend plays a similar role, although a touch more inside and far stronger tackler, with Grigg being better on the outside.

Our midfield rotation will consist of:

First line: Cotchin, Martin, Miles
Second line: Conca, Townsend, Corey

With Deledio, Edwards, Vlastuin and Riewoldt (strange one I know) spending the occasional minutes through there. Lennon and possibly McIntosh developing some inside game so that they too can be rotated through there.

The "Listmanager" has graded each club's trade period:

Adelaide (C+), Brisbane (C-), Carlton (B+), Essendon (A-), Collingwood (A+), Freo B+, Geel A+, Gold Coast D, GWS C+, Haw C-, Melb A-, NM C-, Port B+, Rich C-, STK A-, Syd D, WB C+, WC C+.
When considering the list managers assessment please just consider his past with list management .

Last edited:

However over the course of the season I think Townsend will replace Grigg, whilst C.Ellis will force his way into the midfield. Grigg will be demoted to the VFL side, which might sound slightly ridiculous but I think Townsend plays a similar role, although a touch more inside and far stronger tackler, with Grigg being better on the outside.

With Deledio, Edwards, Vlastuin and Riewoldt (strange one I know) spending the occasional minutes through there. Lennon and possibly McIntosh developing some inside game so that they too can be rotated through there.
If we get Oliver he'll start in the guts round 1 . Take it to the bank .

The trade period is over, now what???
stock-photo-young-sick-looking-man-sitting-on-couch-at-home-in-scary-and-desperate-looking-suffering-insomnia-214862086.jpg

Agree with this. I am stoked Yarran is ours, he is what we need imo. Also happy the club was at least out there trying to aim high and get the best. Win a few finals this year then who knows what will happen.

I am just glad its all over now lol

My concern with our club is that besides interest in Astbury from the Lions, and the Blues trying to steal Lennon, I didn't hear of any other interest in our players once the trade period commenced. I thought there would've been clubs coming for Griff and McBean at the very least... unless Tiges straight up said off limits.

How do we get the same grade as Hawks when they lost two players, including a young kid who will be big for them, and we get a best 22, keep our first and keep Lennon and get another possible best 22?? The ****?
3 flags in a row for them. Us a mile off a flag and needing to improve our midfield and ruck stocks but achieve neither.

As for terry giving us a c- landing yarran and Townsend while keeping our first rounder strengthens our list straight up and gives is sustainable growth. There's only so many doozys that want to leave there club who aren't just chasing cash. Holding our nerve on the yarran trade and getting creative on the pick 19 trade is better than mediocre in my opinion
Don't worry what Wallace thinks, 2 years ago he rated Essendon as having the best list out of the rest to challenge hawthorn and Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also throw Yaz in the middle in spurts with Edwards when we want to get nasty. Yaz offers us so much as he can play win.forward or back.

My concern with our club is that besides interest in Astbury from the Lions, and the Blues trying to steal Lennon, I didn't hear of any other interest in our players once the trade period commenced. I thought there would've been clubs coming for Griff and McBean at the very least... unless Tiges straight up said off limits.
Their contracts end next year. Probably no value in trading them now

Pretty good trade period really.

Lost no one, gained depth in inside grunt and speed and outside class in Yarran. Outcome stronger squad for next year, with additional development into the youngsters.

Retained pick 12 in a draft with little depth. Still have next year's first. So FA/trade for doozy still on for 2016. So can get stronger again next year.

Overall, we gained in current depth, in areas we desperately needed more. Retained good picks. Lost second rounders, and got pick 120!!! Came out ahead, but not daylight robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back