Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to consider the fact that both the Club (Collingwood) and the AFL need to breed excitement about about two of the top three big teams. With Buckley's stats reading
2012 Collingwood 25 17 8 0
2013 Collingwood 23 14 9 0
2014 Collingwood 22 11 11 0
2015 Collingwood 22 10 12 0

The AFL can ill afford for this club to have its supporters lose interest. What they have done over the trade week is get some good talent into the side, and this gives the supporters more hope for a big season. Then they schedule a big game in Round 2 between these clubs, which ensures large participation by fans (unless we get Carlton'd round 1 and lose by a major margin or the same goes for Collingwood against the swans). The Hawthorn juggernaut is just one club with a large supporter base. They really don't have major rivals apart from Essendon and this "Kennet Curse" bullshit. With Tiger army up and Collingwood's fan base being largely the same, the Afl needs to spark the rivalry up again to generate interest and income. Hell Carlton are not going to do it and Essendon are not that interesting to watch as a football club on the field.

If Richmond and Collingwood met in a final then Gillion would spooge his entire wardrobe thinking about the size of that crowd and media coverage.

LOL Treloar, you leave GWS for Scumwood for premiership glory. He might end up just like Buckley, going to a team who may play finals, why the team he leaves becomes a powerhouse in the next few years.

LOL Treloar, you leave GWS for Scumwood for premiership glory. He might end up just like Buckley, going to a team who may play finals, why the team he leaves becomes a powerhouse in the next few years.
Ahh yes Buckley.. the 2010 forwardline coach when we won the flag with our 'forward' press

Just a coincidence I'm sure ;)

Ahh yes Buckley.. the 2010 forwardline coach when we won the flag with our 'forward' press

Just a coincidence I'm sure ;)
Sorry! did he win a premiership as a player when he switched from Brisbane to your scum team. Is Treloar going to coach in 12-15 years time to try to get some glory, that he won't find as a player.

Yeah we had a team full of them when we beat you in the 80 Grand final. Sad thing is I have been alive for 5 of my teams premierships how about you
Suuuuure you have champ.. is it true mobile phones were the size of a tissue box back then?

200.jpg

AFL Flags

Coll: 2
Rich: 0

:cool:

I agree with Richo. Treloar should have praised his new club and cast things in a positive light for Collingwood fans. But it really wasn't necessary to even mention Richmond let alone have a little dig at us.
But in the end I am sure that anyone at RFC who feels slighted by Treloar's comments will move on quickly. We've got to focus on our selves now. The long and hard road to give yourself a chance at winning the flag has just begun.

Just in case it's escaped all of you I'll let you in on a secret.. footballers generally speaking are not your rocket surgeons

He wouldn't have thought twice about mentioning another club or the implications everyone here jumps on, he's just some kid answering leading questions from a journo hoping to generate exactly this kind of mild controversy from the readers :rolleyes:

Just in case it's escaped all of you I'll let you in on a secret.. footballers generally speaking are not your rocket surgeons

He wouldn't have thought twice about mentioning another club or the implications everyone here jumps on, he's just some kid answering leading questions from a journo hoping to generate exactly this kind of mild controversy from the readers :rolleyes:
But stupid of him to troll another club. Deserves the nickname Trollor.

Must be your troll model.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, have to keep in mind that some of these guys are thick as two planks. Treloar might be a ripper footballer but he's shown himself to be, at best, naive with these comments. The journo's are always going to give the players who have moved clubs enough rope.

Thought Yarran did very well in his interview, walked that delicate line, honest that he and the Blues were done with each other, and excited about the future at the Tiges.

The funny thing in all of this is had Trelol picked us he would have no doubt said something similar about us having a great young list and being closer to a flag. It's nothing more than spin to get the Pies in the papers so the ferals that follow them have something to believe in given their record the last 2 years isn't that great.

Saw somewhere that we also currently have the exact same average age, 23.8 or something, and considering we have more list spots to fill we will probably be younger once the draft is over
Both Richmond and Collingwood are at an average of 24.3 years age, however Collingwood are ranked as the 10th oldest and Richmond as 11th oldest so the 2nd decimal place must put Collingwood as slightly older.
For experience Richmond is 8th most experienced with 71 games and Collingwood is 9th most experienced with 69 games

Yet we finished 5th and Collingwood 12th

The number and age of draftees next week will change this again, possibly making our average age even younger and if we take an extra player or two then possibly less experienced also.

Last edited:
Collingwood have 21 players on their senior list under 25 next year
Richmond have 20 player on their senior list under 25 next year

Given the draft is still to come and we still have our 1st round pick, there's a fair chance we'll pick up more kids than Collingwood this year also
So yeah massive difference there

Collingwood has more players 28 and over too, 8 to 5 so more approaching retirement
But but but lollingwood have a much younger list.

So Melbourne are better then you?

As you could not beat them?
Head to head, yes they are, just face it dude, buckwards has taken lollingwood from a GF side to the doorstep of the bottom 6. There's nothing surer than lollingwood missing the finals in 2016.

I think we need to consider the fact that both the Club (Collingwood) and the AFL need to breed excitement about about two of the top three big teams. With Buckley's stats reading
2012 Collingwood 25 17 8 0
2013 Collingwood 23 14 9 0
2014 Collingwood 22 11 11 0
2015 Collingwood 22 10 12 0
What's even funnier is where lollingwood were sitting after 11 games in both 2014 and 2015.

I agree with Richo. Treloar should have praised his new club and cast things in a positive light for Collingwood fans. But it really wasn't necessary to even mention Richmond let alone have a little dig at us.
But in the end I am sure that anyone at RFC who feels slighted by Treloar's comments will move on quickly. We've got to focus on our selves now. The long and hard road to give yourself a chance at winning the flag has just begun.
Players wont even bat an eyelid, but believe me it will be stored away in the memory bank for when Cotch drives Trelol into the ground and whispers sweet nothings into his ear just like he did with adams.

Beams said Lions had a Better List the Us.

Yeah - Not True. Not going to Bag the team his plays for.

I say our Lists are about the Same. Yes I know you Destroyed us by 91pts in our Last Meeting.

We have more players his Age and that is Coming Thru then you Guys have
Can I have the English translation please?

KB is spot on:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-19/new-pie-treloar-is-delusional-says-bartlett

TIGERS great Kevin Bartlett says Adam Treloar is "delusional" if he believes Collingwood has a better list than Richmond. The new Magpie said on Wednesday he chose the black and white after leaving Greater Western Sydney because they had "a better list, a younger list, who in a couple of years time can hopefully win a premiership".

Bartlett said on Thursday morning Treloar had either been "brainwashed" since arriving at Collingwood or his head was "in the clouds" at the Pies' Falls Creek training camp, which started this week.

He suggested Treloar had "become delusional".

"I know Treloar has been in Sydney for the past four years and AFL doesn't get much media, and has missed the fact the Pies have been on a serious slide since 2011," Bartlett said on SEN. "They've won two flags in 57 years.

"Adam, you'll have to be twice as good as I think you are for the Pies to win a flag before Richmond. "Your coach made the same big call in choosing Collingwood over Brisbane to win premierships."Check the record books for that one."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back