Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a genius.
Figjam must be delighted with the extra motivation he has just given us.
If he wanted to put the AFL bloodhounds off the scent he just had to play the 'I have history with figjam' card.
They might have a nuffie on their hands.
Be interesting to see what Townsend thinks of his opinion.

Yes teams have bad days yet they were in the game early (both games in fact) and we ran over them - do you not remember how many I50's they had in the 2nd qtr? the ball didnt go past the HF area for ~80% of that qtr.

AT took the money and ran, rightly or wrongly our guys thought they had got him (based on GWS CEO comments)

watched many collingwood games (family are all collingwood) he doesnt "stand-out" and isn't flashy so his stat's are higher than you would think (played more games than i realised). Hard to say how good he'll be, as I personally believe you need to see a player given "attention" to see how they stand up to the heat - all well and fine to run rampant while your flying under the radar but it "inflates" their stats (easier to look a million bucks surrounded by stars)
Looks like your talking about Cotchin

Lol can't wait til we demolish them by 91 points again.

That will decide who's list is better.

883449-2bf64172-4c56-11e5-b6c4-32a2c06645f2.jpg
treloar just rocketed to no.1 on the Snodger FLOGometer

I actually. onsisagree with anloar on some points. This club seems to be much more focused on winning a final rather than winning a Premiership, whereas teams like Geelong and Collingwood are more focused on winning the Premiership. Recent Premiership success from those teams will drive expectations higher at those clubs, whereas we haven't won a final since 2001.
I can see why players would be put off by that. Actually, this should give us an idea as to what goes through the mind of a gun player when picking between us and another club.

Having said that, I don't think Collingwood have a better list though based on output alone and not "potential" in the last 3 years prior to Treloar going there. Potential ≠ success, so Richmond have Collingwood's measure on performance in recent years. Now that they recruited Treloar, Howe and Aish, I am not so sure anymore. I still think Richmond is better even with those inclusions as I'd say that Richmond have a better spread of talent on-field, but we'll just have to wait and see.

In all honesty, losing that EF essentially ruled us out of getting a big gun this off season from the looks of it. You cannot lose an EF 3 years in a row after finishing 5th in two of those years and expect good talent to pick you over an up-and-coming team. You'd have portrayed yourself as a mentally weak club, and "potential" would be more attractive than that to them.

So overall, I have no problem with what Treloar said and am not bitter about his decision. If that is how he sees things, then it is what it is. We'll just have to grow our own talent. At least we don't lose them when they come on ;)

I am thinking maybe some on our list are not as proficient as some supporters might like to believe.

For example until some players like Chaplin in the eyes of candidates can be upgraded possibly or the mix fixed in their eyes they may think any premiership aspirations could be pipedreams.

Maybe some of our supporters perceived RFC list weaknesses and strengths are not our actual weaknesses and strengths and until the real weaknesses get addressed in a conceivable time any selling argument to attract players may not be addressed as they may think a premiership at RFC within a time range may not be achievable without required list changes or other new recruits.

Just shows how important it is to get the right recruits to improve the list, address weaknesses for all stakeholders including coaching needs/performance as well as future recruits, so that down the track more quality recruits can be attracted to come to the club and meet our on field footy needs.

I must admit, if I was a potential recruit, I would not believe a small forward need agenda as part of a path at RFC as a way of attracting me to a list that can challenge for a premiership in the next 3-4 years if not earlier!

Who knows who we chase down the track? But if Goldstein next year was an option apart from others, okay my eyebrows are raised and my attention, as a potential recruit, would surely be turned a little towards RFC despite the talent already there as an example.

Goldstein might not be a final solution but what I think Treloar is talking about is conceivable list improvement pathways that are viable and realistic in terms of achieving list credibility capable of challenging for a premiership amongst knowledgable peers as part of a recruitment selling pitch to attract new quality recruits. For example Smith might have been a ruck option for RFC going forward as part of a pitch. He is not now going to Geelong but Geelong getting Smith as well as Danger makes them a bit more interesting in the market. I still cannot see Geelong contending but if Smith shows the promise he had in the past as well as Danger for the mid term future that makes them a more interesting proposition in the market to attract recruits away from other clubs like RFC also potentially. So value as well as suitability is critical IMO and also helps present a case to potential recruits of what is realistically possible within a medium time frame of 3-4 years.

Last edited:
Cant believe I am saying this but I now look forward more to Collingwood missing the 8 than Carlton winning another kitchen utensil.
Fair chance we can have both. No need to choose.

Honestly don't understand why everyone has their knickers in a knot. He actually plays for Collingwood would you believe, what is he going to say, "Oh yeh we aren't too great right now Richmond have us covered at the moment"? Of course not, he's always going to say his own team is better haha. Y'all need to calm down, means absolutely nothing.

Honestly don't understand why everyone has their knickers in a knot. He actually plays for Collingwood would you believe, what is he going to say, "Oh yeh we aren't too great right now Richmond have us covered at the moment"? Of course not, he's always going to say his own team is better haha. Y'all need to calm down, means absolutely nothing.
He had a stab at our club when he didnt need too, wont be forgotten, players have had a dig at the club they left but never have i seen a player have a dig at a club that tried to recruit them. Who knows, he might have had an intense hatred of Richmond in his supporter days which he has taken into his playing days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much offended? there are 5 posts about it you tool.

We dont give a f**k about what that runt had to say, all we have to say is 91 :)

So you saying GWS is the Best Team in the Comp as they are Better then Hawthorn as they beat them in there Last Game?

Collingwood are going backwards at a rate of knots.

I would be shocked if they or Geelong make finals next year, despite a lot of people suggesting they have both had such strong off-seasons.

Actually I'd go as far to say that our recruits will have more impact on our team than theirs will.
KB trolled them both this morning, Geelong MUST make top four and Collingwood MUST make the top eight as they won the trade period easily.

Agree..We don't or can't sell our club as well as the other clubs .It really is mind boggling !
He obviously doesn't rate Dimma or our club . Extra motivation if we ever needed it to continue to flog them like we did this year & win a flag before they do.
Or maybe he does but Collingwood's offers were a little bit better.

Cut the bullshit everyone knows why he went to Collingwood.

His Mrs got a dream gig from Eddie.

He's just trying to get his new fans on side.

Collingwood aren't a great side. We will beat them up again this year.

They also aren't that much younger than us.

Send Townsend to him late in the 4th when we are winning by 15 goals again. When he hits the dirt remind him who's turf he's swallowed.

I'm really looking forward to Treloar following in his mentors footsteps. Gone to Lollingwood chasing a premiership, just like Bucks.

Over the next few years we win a couple, GWS win a couple and Treloar wins a Norm Smith in a losing side.

Karma.

Your post implies a minimum of 6 finals wins Agent13.

Based upon the past 3 years, how confident are you with the current list and coach to achieve this?

What a genius.
Figjam must be delighted with the extra motivation he has just given us.
If he wanted to put the AFL bloodhounds off the scent he just had to play the 'I have history with figjam' card.
They might have a nuffie on their hands.
Be interesting to see what Townsend thinks of his opinion.

Nah, Bucks would be relaxed. Treloar is built for the pressure of playing for Australia's biggest sporting club and speaking his mind.

Lol can't wait til we demolish them by 91 points again.

That will decide who's list is better.

883449-2bf64172-4c56-11e5-b6c4-32a2c06645f2.jpg

You are not 91 Points better then we are. No Team is that much Better then any team.

The 1st Game is Closer to the Difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back