Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanton's kicking I50 is elite. Lloyd has rated it as amongst the best he's been on the end of

If Brandon Ellis had a twin, available for no trade cost, we'd be interested, yeah?

If we say no to these sorts of opportunities, we are basically just hoping everyone can get better, organically.

Sheds disappeared in a final. Again. Ditto Ellis. Too many sacred cows. I like them, but presuming a different result by doing the same thing is idiotic.

Grigg a different role? Well he's one of our best gut-runners yet Stanton has 3x the rebound 50's, more I50's, only 0.9 fewer CPs a game, the same tackles. Obviously 30% more possessions a game, too.

I hope we do improve with this list alone, but targeting those with assured output is a conversation worth having.
Irrelevant. We all went missing in the final :cry:

On Grigg he may be one of our better gut runners but he has also been playing a role on opposition midfielders so once again a different role to Stanton.

If it came down to a choice between Stevie J and Stanton for me. I think Stevie J covers a more pressing need.

Irrelevant. We all went missing in the final :cry:

On Grigg he may be one of our better gut runners but he has also been playing a role on opposition midfielders so once again a different role to Stanton.

If it came down to a choice between Stevie J and Stanton for me. I think Stevie J covers a more pressing need.

To each his own. It's a conversation.

Points made. Moving on.

Jarrad Grant to Essendon.

Phew

the-matrix-bullet-time-gif_zpsysrxprjc.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stanton's kicking I50 is elite. Lloyd has rated it as amongst the best he's been on the end of

If Brandon Ellis had a twin, available for no trade cost, we'd be interested, yeah?

If we say no to these sorts of opportunities, we are basically just hoping everyone can get better, organically.

Sheds disappeared in a final. Again. Ditto Ellis. Too many sacred cows. I like them, but presuming a different result by doing the same thing is idiotic.

Grigg a different role? Well he's one of our best gut-runners yet Stanton has 3x the rebound 50's, more I50's, only 0.9 fewer CPs a game, the same tackles. Obviously 30% more possessions a game, too.

I hope we do improve with this list alone, but targeting those with assured output is a conversation worth having.

I would spew if we got Stanton he also has that pesky wada

Collingwood are offering x2 first round picks.

Even if Collingwood offered x1 First round and x1 Second round pick, those picks still equate to more points then what our x2 first round picks equate to.

Def offering 1 X 1st rounder and 1 X 2nd rounder
Speaking on NAB AFL Trade Radio, Collingwood's list manager Derek Hine said the Pies' first pick – No.7 overall – in this year's draft could be on the table as well as a 2016 second-round selection.

Reading between the lines it appears that pies wouldn't mind a straight swap of players....
Hine says; "We've done it in the past when it was a really win-win outcome for both Shawy and Tay Adams, so we're hoping for a similar outcome."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-12/magpies-may-double-up-to-snare-giant-treloar

As opposed to our crop?

Why add more to the list of players that go missing in finals? :D

Def offering 1 X 1st rounder and 1 X 2nd rounder
Speaking on NAB AFL Trade Radio, Collingwood's list manager Derek Hine said the Pies' first pick – No.7 overall – in this year's draft could be on the table as well as a 2016 second-round selection.

Reading between the lines it appears that pies wouldn't mind a straight swap of players....
Hine says; "We've done it in the past when it was a really win-win outcome for both Shawy and Tay Adams, so we're hoping for a similar outcome."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-12/magpies-may-double-up-to-snare-giant-treloar

And those 2 picks still are worth more then our x2 first rounders.

Also pretty sure I heard someone from Collingwood last week on TR saying that x2 first rounders is what they will be looking at paying for Treloar.

Don't need stats to determine a good player from a shit old hack like Stanton. I suggest u stop now mate coz u look like and idiot! Stanton had a good patch for essendon but his time is well and truely up nowadays

homer_vigilant1.jpg

But seriously he is a good footballer, would easily average 20+ in our midfield

I didn't know Ellis's numbers before I did a compare. Strikingly similar, with Stanton just shading him in most areas.

But yeah, let's not even entertain it because Essendon fans don't like him.

If our recruiters were ever that juvenile, they should be sacked on the spot.

Stats aside, Stanton is slower than a wet week and looks like he is running on a treadmill when on the field.

Don't mind him as a player and think he is under-rated by the Bomber supporters (most likely overrated by Dodoro if they had to trade him however), but we can't be picking up any more slooooowwwwww players. It would be counter productive in a big way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back