Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the regulars and not so regulars on here who witnessed my venting/melting yesterday I would like to offer an apology. After reading about Richardsons comments on Friday night and also reading about sides like Geelong and Collingwood landing quality players while we'd seemingly shut up shop I woke up in a filthy mood yesterday and needed to vent or else I'd explode. So I did and some people got caught up in the mess and to them I apologise and also to those who had to steer clear and then saw what a mess it had become this morning and felt like shit I apologise to you as well.

On my travels today I've managed to hear a few things that have got me back to looking forward to trade period starting tomorrow. I don't know the full details about what it happening and I'm not going to divulge any more than saying I'm looking forward to see if it comes off.

What I will say is that with 29 players on the list at present aged 26 or younger we're in a position now to take a calculated risk or 2 or 3 to try and take that next step that takes us from a side that loses first week of finals and makes up the numbers to one that is a genuine contender. If (take notice of the IF please) we trade our picks in this years and next years drafts plus a player or 2 or 3 to land players deemed more important to our push to reach where we all want to go I have no problem in that and I doubt anyone else on this board with either.

Like everyone here I want to see Richmond standing there on the last day of the season holding aloft the Premiership Cup in fact I want to see us doing so 2-3 times over the next 5 or so years and I want us to be more hated and loathed than any club has ever been and I'm sure I'm not alone there. So as I said above when I read that Richardson had said we've effectively shut up shop I was pissed off because I want the club to leave no stone unturned in trying to reach the ultimate goal.

Lets hope the next 10 days bring us another step closer to that goal.
Not forgiven and tl;dr

To the regulars and not so regulars on here who witnessed my venting/melting yesterday I would like to offer an apology. After reading about Richardsons comments on Friday night and also reading about sides like Geelong and Collingwood landing quality players while we'd seemingly shut up shop I woke up in a filthy mood yesterday and needed to vent or else I'd explode. So I did and some people got caught up in the mess and to them I apologise and also to those who had to steer clear and then saw what a mess it had become this morning and felt like shit I apologise to you as well.

On my travels today I've managed to hear a few things that have got me back to looking forward to trade period starting tomorrow. I don't know the full details about what it happening and I'm not going to divulge any more than saying I'm looking forward to see if it comes off.

What I will say is that with 29 players on the list at present aged 26 or younger we're in a position now to take a calculated risk or 2 or 3 to try and take that next step that takes us from a side that loses first week of finals and makes up the numbers to one that is a genuine contender. If (take notice of the IF please) we trade our picks in this years and next years drafts plus a player or 2 or 3 to land players deemed more important to our push to reach where we all want to go I have no problem in that and I doubt anyone else on this board with either.

Like everyone here I want to see Richmond standing there on the last day of the season holding aloft the Premiership Cup in fact I want to see us doing so 2-3 times over the next 5 or so years and I want us to be more hated and loathed than any club has ever been and I'm sure I'm not alone there. So as I said above when I read that Richardson had said we've effectively shut up shop I was pissed off because I want the club to leave no stone unturned in trying to reach the ultimate goal.

90.gif

No probs. I have also never argued the second point, so not sure why you brought that up. All club's must be able to have some cross over funds available for rookies if they need them.
I brought up the second point because that was the point being argued between myself and others when you originally quoted my post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you're overrating Edwards big time there. To me he's worth about the same as Yarran, that is a pick between 20-25.

I'd trade him in a straight swap for Matt Crouch

Do u realise pick 25 will most likely play bugger all games , could also turn out to be a brownlow medalist , sometimes I think draft picks are overrated ! Todd Elton was roughly pick 26 , do u think Edwards is better than him ?

Do u realise pick 25 will most likely play bugger all games , could also turn out to be a brownlow medalist , sometimes I think draft picks are overrated ! Todd Elton was roughly pick 26 , do u think Edwards is better than him ?

Shhhh... we only say draft picks are overrated when a player wants out. When somebody like yarran wants in draft picks are worth their weight in gold ;)

Its just those that don't understand or appreciate what he brings to our side.

They talk about Rioli's deft touches or knock ons, Edwards barely gets a mention, let alone his release and run handballs, line breaking plays.

If he wasn't so damn quiet others might stand up and notice.

Just because you have something of worth, doesn't mean you should sell it for something shiny. Not all that glitters is gold.

Never questioned his worth to your side. He's come on massively in the last 18 months and has become a very important player. Would love to add him to our side, which is why I asked if the rumours had any substance to them.

Doesn't appear to the be the case however.

Never apologise for showing some passion. If you can't do it in here then where the hell can you vent.

Play on......

ZKZiW6GSx8eSA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back