Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lennon is separate, that is what I have been told. Not to disrespect anyone else with other mail but Lennon has nothing to do with it. Bottom line we have gone into this period with specific needs. We have aimed at the stars and have missed out, we are not the only club to have done this, pies, cats, even North. Now we are trying to get the best we can. Townsend is a lock. We are shopping a few players around to see if we can obtain another pick etc, one to be past on for yarran. That is not lennons fault.

I heard some positive news that both party's had a break through today and are getting very close, so i am hoping lennon signs
Do you have someone telling you these things or just summing up everything you here in the news? Apology if you have answered in the past too busy to reas through all this.

I appreciated all the info T71 , but haven't the Pies & Cats chased big & got who they were after ?

Oh i agree mate.

I am not saying I am happy about it :p It sucks balls! BUT when was the last time our club was this ambitious to actually target the cream ? We always went safe. IMO I dont want this years failure to stop them doing it again next year and the year after that. I am a silver lining type of guy.

captain cotch 9 did I use IMO right ? :)

Oh i agree mate.

I am not saying I am happy about it :p It sucks balls! BUT when was the last time our club was this ambitious to actually target the cream ? We always went safe. IMO I dont want this years failure to stop them doing it again next year and the year after that. I am a silver lining type of guy.

captain cotch 9 did I use IMO right ? :)

Nathan Brown last time I can remember - and that almost worked

Do you have someone telling you these things or just summing up everything you here in the news? Apology if you have answered in the past too busy to reas through all this.

Summing up in all honesty. That is why sometimes what I post half is right and half is wrong. Its not intentional but with some of the stuff i hear, i cant just post word for word as I will get in trouble. I learnt that from the Dusty rule in my early days :p

Lennon is separate, that is what I have been told. Not to disrespect anyone else with other mail but Lennon has nothing to do with it. Bottom line we have gone into this period with specific needs. We have aimed at the stars and have missed out, we are not the only club to have done this, pies, cats, even North. Now we are trying to get the best we can. Townsend is a lock. We are shopping a few players around to see if we can obtain another pick etc, one to be past on for yarran. That is not lennons fault.

I heard some positive news that both party's had a break through today and are getting very close, so i am hoping lennon signs

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Summing up in all honesty. That is why sometimes what I post half is right and half is wrong. Its not intentional but with some of the stuff i hear, i cant just post word for word as I will get in trouble. I learnt that from the Dusty rule in my early days :p

Anything on Andrew Moore?

We have put all trades on back burner until Lennon commits he is what is holding us up we will not trade till we no either way
Find it pretty hard to believe that we'd not be talking to other clubs based on what a second year player is doing. I'd say the club knows whether he is staying or going and if he doesn't know at this point they'd just act as if he was gone and deal accordingly. I think he would be staying and the holdup is just what we can do in the trade period will affect how we load his contract ie front load or backend his contract.

No idea why we haven't met with Stevie J...
Another opportunity goes by while Dan and Blair sit back and try and think of ways to over compensate for Yarran.
Do you know that we havnt; not my understanding

Been a while since I last logged on here but have been reading the last 2 threads of the trade rumours and have gone from furious to excited and back again every day but it's been a fun ride.

Just wanted to bring something up which I haven't seen discussed.

Many years ago (mid season, after memberships had been paid for) I remember the club coming to the supporters for more money which would help with punt rd renovation as well as ensuring we have enough money to pay 100% of the salary cap "war chest" for attracting the best players. I for one chipped in what I could (through Bigfooty from memory) on top of a membership and am still waiting for the club to live up to its promise of attracting top end talent. I know that some years you will miss and we don't want to pay overs but to be honest when you ask members for additional money to make trades and pay 100% of the cap, you effectively make them shareholders for the trade periods. As in any business, shareholders deserve updates as to what has happened with their money and what the potential rerun is. The fact the club hasn't and won't even provide this is a bit insulting to me. It has been 3 years (at least) since they requested this money and we can't honestly say we have traded in anyone that was an A grade player or a star that other clubs were chasing hard as well...

I understand that the club can't say too much now as it may impact the end results but I can almost guarantee that we will pull out the same old cliche lines at the end of the trade period about getting the players we targeted and not willing to match other large offers etc.
I know it's day 3 but this is more a rant from the last few years rather than this year. There has been plenty of great players move via FA and we ain't done nothing.

End rant.

While it's too early to comment, did the club actually go hard at any A grade player.? Yes we keep hearing the club has shown interest but that's where it ends..!
The club needs to get the deal done not just put the hand up to see if their name is called..! We shud learn from the pies, they will get Treloar even if it means they do dodgy deals.......if we are serious about adding quality to the side we must leave no stone unturned..!

FFS, we couldn't even convince shiels to come over even though he is dating our coaches daughter..!

Petterd, knights etc were picked up to provide some experience to the young & developing side. Today we are a much better team and ready to challenge the likes of hawks & freo, we need readymade quality players, not draft picks to be in contention.

Do you think Cellis or menadue will help is win a final in in 2016 .? No, they will help us 2018 onwards

I very much hope you're right and we land Nessy. I really do. If not, I would rather an unknown quantity like Menadue than Petterd, Knights, Hampson etc. Picking up VFL fodder isn't going to win us a premiership next year either (personal opinion even if we hand landed dangerfield I don't think we would be in contention next year). we have one of the youngest lists so who by 2017-18 will be looking pretty good assuming we hang onto Lennon, C. Ellis, Etc. And I'm not trying to get into a fight with you on this, I think we both, and everyone else on here, would love the Doozy/Nessy/Big Fish.

I was up in cairns for footy trip on the weekend - as were the Richmond boys. Same flight up as half of them on Friday and same flight home as a lot of them on Monday lol... Had beers with a few of them actually.

Spoke to Dea for a while and he told me he still hasn't been offered a contract. I'm not sure if that means he is uncontracted or if he has 1 year left? But the way he said it, sounded like he was out of contract. He also said a lot of players were surprised that McDonough was delisted.

I very much hope you're right and we land Nessy. I really do. If not, I would rather an unknown quantity like Menadue than Petterd, Knights, Hampson etc. Picking up VFL fodder isn't going to win us a premiership next year either (personal opinion even if we hand landed dangerfield I don't think we would be in contention next year). we have one of the youngest lists so who by 2017-18 will be looking pretty good assuming we hang onto Lennon, C. Ellis, Etc. And I'm not trying to get into a fight with you on this, I think we both, and everyone else on here, would love the Doozy/Nessy/Big Fish.
Moorey welcome :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back