Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yarran is worth more than 31, has always been worth more than 31, we just don't have more than 31

I wouldn't be surprised if we did Griffiths to Freo for 22, 22 to Carlton for Yarran
Don't think Freo are interested in Griffiths though
They were last year. You know who else is interested in Griffiths? Us.

Why don't we just give Carlton this years 2nd round and next years 2nd round?
Because then we can't trade next year's first-rounder in a package for Ollie Wines.

Hands off. If we didn't already have 3 gun inside mids he would be in our best 22.
Then again pick 12 would do the trade.
He's a bush pig.

He looks fat
He is. Slug.

All reports saying we will give Astbury + later pick > Pick 17

pick 17 > Yarran

If we could somehow get that later pick to be our third rounder we have done extremely well but I imagine 31 will be included
Astbury + 31 for 17 + 39.

Considering we were a shoe in to draft the next Tex Walker with that pick, it's an ok time.
It's ok, we'll draft the next Chris Grant with 120.

We really need a quality ruckman. I'm really surprised next to no names have come up for us in this area.
Goldstein is a free agent next year...

Only hindsight will give us the answers but I like how we are approaching this trade period.

Now that we are a good solid team we don't need to expose ourselves to weak drafts and clog our list.

Townsend comes in to potentially fill a need and provide us with some much needed grunt in the middle. At worst he makes our VFL team better and provides competition for spots. Tick for me.

Looks like Astbury and our second round pick go out for a first rounder who we ontrade for Yarran.

That leaves us with a draft trade period of pick 12, Yarran, Townsend and upgraded rookies in Lambert and Castagna.

Yarran will play straight up and adds much needed pace and pinpoint kicking. Pick 12, statistically has a good chance of being a decent player and we have a full compliment of 2016 and 2017 picks which will provide us with a powerful position to trade/draft next year.

Dixon is a star if he stays fit. Would release jack into the 2nd/3rd forward roll which suits his game more imo. Far from our highest priority though I agree.
Big if. The most subbed-off player in history. Anyway, has his heart set on Port and we don't need to spend $750k on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well **** it.
I'll put it on the line.
Just by way of circumstance and sheer dumb luck I've taken a fair interest in Townsends career and nearly fell over when i heard we were into him earlier this week.
His kicking isn't bad at all.
Don't worry about these ******* percentages and statistics.
It's pretty hard to hit blokes on the tit or gain a lot of metres when half your kicks are with your head in a pack from where you've retrieved it, or in a phone box.
Admittedly he could choose a better option and handball it out to a bloke if there is an opportunity rather than just try to get the ball moving forward out of congestion which is what he does.
But given time and space which isn't that often due to his role he can kick and gain metres just fine.
Put as much shit on me as you like if he doesn't.

Noted

On Port Adelaide pair Aaron Young and Andrew Moore, both of whom are exploring their options: "'Young' is a contracted player and I think he'll stay at the club, and 'Moorey' is uncontracted and he's got (55) games, he runs a sub-10-minute 3km, he's 190 centimetres, and if I was a club I'd be very, very interested in Moorey given the rotations are going down and there's no sub."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back