Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to get Phillips who was second ruck behind Mumford (total BS), need key forwards, Sam Kerridge could be anything, Rice chose Saints because Seaford is closer to his house, Yarran can hopefully be resolved but in dialogue, not prepared to move on 12 "at the minute"

Moron

SOS...an acronym meaning...

Stuck on Stupid
Same old Shit
Spawn of Satan
Shoot on Site
Source of Senility
Spews out Semen
Sack of Shit

we get shafted in this deal - no sir, no siree
How do we get shafted?
We downgrade 12 to Yarran and 20 & swap 19 for 21. Not like we're swapping pick 1 for him or downgrading to the 3rd round.

One more thing, Yaz would be in the best 22 but who would be the players he would be directly competing against for his spot?

I know he'd walk in and take Newman's vacated place but other than taking that who'd he be fighting against?
Lloyd, Gordon and morris
And so they should be stubborn about our first rounder. That's what I expect them to do, not just give it away.

I think you should just cool your heels until its all over at 2pm tomorrow and then judge. I'm sure you know that there is ALWAYS a mad scramble on the last day and trades get done. IMO I still think Yarran will be a Tiger come 2pm.

If you ask me the period is a week too long. It's mostly huff and puff the first week! Look at Treloar. For a deal that was practically done before the trade period started it took almost the full trade period to get done. I'm glad you don't follow the pies because your head would have exploded.
I'll try to cool my heels but if i hear the words ' WE are happy to take our picks to the draft ' and ' We wish Chris all the best in the future ' i will seriously lose my shit, we wait for tomorrow but my gut says Richmond are too stubborn and unless your prepared to part with your 1st rounder then trades are going to be hard to do in the future.

How do we get shafted?
We downgrade 12 to Yarran and 20 & swap 19 for 21. Not like we're swapping pick 1 for him or downgrading to the 3rd round.

this draft plummets around the 25 mark according to the draft watches

at 12 we get to pick a kid who best fits our needs, at 20 and 21 we are picking the best of the available dregs. Its may work, but our fate is in the hands of other clubs

rather pass on yarran

Plus the blues want steak knives in the likes of Menadue or McBean

Finally the kids asleep, the dishes are washed, my chores are all done and I can sit down and read the Mega Thread on Big Footy.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxcddfssxasccccccccccccccfxfccccaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeefsssssssssssssssssssssssssssfffffffffffffffffffffxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzcvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvsssssssssssssssddddddddddddddddddddxxxxxxxccccccccxddddddddddddddddddddcaaaaaaaaaaaacavavvvvvvzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We send picks 12 & 19 to Carlton.
In return Carlton send Yarran 20 & 21.
Not sure which thread it was but somebody pondered 12 for Yarran and 20...which is very similar to the above.

In effect we lose 8 spots in the draft for Yarran...or we keep 12 and hand over a steak knive. I'm mulling this over...will very much depend on who FJ has earmarked in the draft...we will have gone from 12&2x31 (gun&2maybe) to 1920 (2solids)....and it assumes we need to pay more...that 19 was never good enough.

Lol what if this was the long term plan to begin with & we simply tried on 19 as a Hail Mary?

One more thing, Yaz would be in the best 22 but who would be the players he would be directly competing against for his spot?

I know he'd walk in and take Newman's vacated place but other than taking that who'd he be fighting against?

He's coming in as a small forward so no one
If we are just talking the 22 best Tigers of Yarran is anywhere near his best he could easily replace at least half of our team
I think once out of the shithole we will see a different player next year and he will have a cracker year

All the highlights in the world won't change the fact that Yarran couldn't get a game for the worst side this season and when he did he was putrid. It's made worse by the fact this was because he is soft and dropped his head. His lack of true grit and character should be an instant red flag for everyone. It doesn't matter if you don't want to be there, you don't do that to your team mates.

Yarran has not shown any true signs he is a big game player or and inspiration to team mates. He is a downhill skier of massive proportions and although will look a million bucks when the side is on top, he will go missing when the game is hot and in the balance. Richmond cannot afford to carry him or sell the future so certain employees can look better than their no final win in six years shows them to be.

Furthermore the side has a ready made youth on its list who in a few games in his first season has shown he can be more of an afl player than Yarran could ever dream of being and can play as a link up wing man, half back or half forward.

If the number 12 and 19 pick could talk, they would say why sell us when we can get you another C.Ellis
This is probably a bit of a harsh assessment of Yarran but not without some credence. I think last season Yarran had made up his mind he was over the stupidity at Carlton and wanted out early on. Don't forget the Malthouse saga and what that would have done to the list. Also he ended up playing in a really weak team apart from Judd and then Judd retired. I think he was over it early, a bit like Brian Lake in that horror season that saw him out of the seniors til the Hawks got him and revived him.

Lloyd, Gordon and morris

I'll try to cool my heels but if i hear the words ' WE are happy to take our picks to the draft ' and ' We wish Chris all the best in the future ' i will seriously lose my shit, we wait for tomorrow but my gut says Richmond are too stubborn and unless your prepared to part with your 1st rounder then trades are going to be hard to do in the future.
I think you will find most on here are in the 'we are happy' camp. Set up a poll if you like...but reading for the last couple of days on here, many would prefer to take 12 & 19 rather than give up 12.

This is probably a bit of a harsh assessment of Yarran but not without some credence. I think last season Yarran had made up his mind he was over the stupidity at Carlton and wanted out early on. Don't forget the Malthouse saga and what that would have done to the list. Also he ended up playing in a really weak team apart from Judd and then Judd retired. I think he was over it early, a bit like Brian Lake in that horror season that saw him out of the seniors til the Hawks got him and revived him.
Regardless, if you put on the jumper and you have 21 other blokes depending on you. You don't perform like that. Weak character traits make it enough for me to think no thanks.

All the highlights in the world won't change the fact that Yarran couldn't get a game for the worst side this season and when he did he was putrid. It's made worse by the fact this was because he is soft and dropped his head. His lack of true grit and character should be an instant red flag for everyone. It doesn't matter if you don't want to be there, you don't do that to your team mates.

Yarran has not shown any true signs he is a big game player or and inspiration to team mates. He is a downhill skier of massive proportions and although will look a million bucks when the side is on top, he will go missing when the game is hot and in the balance. Richmond cannot afford to carry him or sell the future so certain employees can look better than their no final win in six years shows them to be.

Furthermore the side has a ready made youth on its list who in a few games in his first season has shown he can be more of an afl player than Yarran could ever dream of being and can play as a link up wing man, half back or half forward.

If the number 12 and 19 pick could talk, they would say why sell us when we can get you another C.Ellis

i don't agree with highlighted parts but besides that i get what you are saying.

The only reason why it wouldn't bother me is we have injected so much youth lately we could afford to take the risk, Yarren has undeniable talent and if his attitude is in the right place he could be an extreamly damaging player for us and he has proven this, pick 12-19, we don't even know what we'll get they could both be duds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at 12 we get to pick a kid who best fits our needs, at 20 and 21 we are picking the best of the available dregs. Its may work, but our fate is in the hands of other clubs

rather pass on yarran

Which draft watches are these? The famous Big Footy brigade or those that are paid good money to watch these kids for a living. Wells at Geelong doesn't seem to think it's too bad given he is going to have to fill Geelongs list with 4-5 late round picks starting in the 70s.

rather pass on yarran

Neither of which are steak knives

Not sure which thread it was but somebody pondered 12 for Yarran and 20...which is very similar to the above.

In effect we lose 8 spots in the draft for Yarran...or we keep 12 and hand over a steak knive. I'm mulling this over...will very much depend on who FJ has earmarked in the draft...we will have gone from 12&2x31 (gun&2maybe) to 1920 (2solids)....and it assumes we need to pay more...that 19 was never good enough.

Lol what if this was the long term plan to begin with & we simply tried on 19 as a Hail Mary?
I've run with Yarran and 20 for 12 for about a week now. If we did offer 12 & 19 for Yarran 20 & 21 and the Blues knocked it back they are the ones who look bad not us as we came to the table with 2 picks inside the first 20 for a player they don't want.

I've run with Yarran and 20 for 12 for about a week now. If we did offer 12 & 19 for Yarran 20 & 21 and the Blues knocked it back they are the ones who look bad not us as we came to the table with 2 picks inside the first 20 for a player they don't want.

It's a lose lose for us at the moment, we look incompetent if we overpay and if we don't get the trade done we also look incompetent.

Pretty sure Carlton is just stalling us.

yarran should just come to the tigers each week and play for our 2nds next year to keep his fitness up. whats the worst that can happen? he gets the sack from calscum??

I think you will find most on here are in the 'we are happy' camp. Set up a poll if you like...but reading for the last couple of days on here, many would prefer to take 12 & 19 rather than give up 12.
Who will the same ones screaming out next year that we need to get a quality small forward with speed.

Which draft watches are these? The famous Big Footy brigade or those that are paid good money to watch these kids for a living. Wells at Geelong doesn't seem to think it's too bad given he is going to have to fill Geelongs list with 4-5 late round picks starting in the 70s.

Geelong is going on a massive crap shoot for one last shot at glory - they are not investing squat in the future, its all about this list

Thats not the strategy I'd follow given where we are placed

Regardless, if you put on the jumper and you have 21 other blokes depending on you. You don't perform like that. Weak character traits make it enough for me to think no thanks.
What did you think of Carlisle's outbursts this year, what did you think about Henderson walking out before the season was even over. Do you think the saints and cats fans give a shit.

If the steak knives is any of our young talent from the last 3 drafts I will seriously consider revoking my membership.

We didnt bring this list to where it is now to trade a first round pick and a young player for a player that is no certain to make it at our club.

What did you think of Carlisle's outbursts this year, what did you think about Henderson walking out before the season was even over. Do you think the saints and cats fans give a shit.
I assume you are asking me a series of questions despite the lack of question marks.

Couldn't give a rats toss bag what Saints and Cats fans think, why would I?

Henderson claims he didn't walk out, the club told him to move on after he told them he wouldn't be there next year. If true not ideal but if clubs can tell players they are not wanted before seasons end then its only fair players can do the same.

Carlisle was shit behaviour no matter how you swing it. You keep that shit in house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back