List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:

Our list in 2019 was pretty ****ed
Rance
Grimes
Jack
Cotch
Prestia
Martin
Lynch

At the top with a very solid “B” tier on decent coin as well

B Ellis
Vlastuin
Houli
Edwards
Astbury
Caddy
Nank
They're all names

The AFL and the Media narrative was that Dusty was our only good player

I mean look at our AA recipients. Rance 5, Dusty 4, Jack R 3, Cotch+Edwards+Grimes+Houli only 1, they even dogged Lynch in 2022 and didn't give him a spot even though he nearly won the coleman and played 5 less games than the winner

Funny that Freo offered up 10 for Baker but WC fans are losing their shit about trading 13 for him.

Elitist dickheads = West Coast fans
I think Freo only offered that so they could offer 9 & 16 for Bolton knowing they won't get Baker.

So Cats will get Jack Martin, Oliver and Bailey Smith, unbelievable

Who cares? Oliver will come with an $8m contract around his neck and is 27yo. Martin never plays and is 29yo. Smith is quality but coming off an ACL and will cost them $5m over 6-years. They’ll need to give up this years first and next years first to get the deals done.

So we are talking potentially $2.5m / season for Smith, Oliver and Martin.

It’s good business if they can all stay fit and healthy.. but it’s a massive ‘IF’… it could be the death of Geelong if it turns pear shaped.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oppos melting in the replies

Animated GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do find it amusing how it's presumed just because a player wants to leave then you can offer what you want and the team losing that player has to deal with it. No consideration goes into the fact a player is still contracted, a flat out no changes that thought.

How bad does Freo want Bolton? Are they prepared to lose Shai Bolton for the chance of drafting Bo Allan? I don't think so

It’ll be 9 and 10 and a F3 with us giving them a F2 to help them secure Warner in 2025.

Or it’ll be 9 and 10 with us paying a decent chunk of his salary.

10 is absolute gold this draft given there seems to be 12-15 players worthy of top-5 in a normal depth draft.

Oppos melting in the replies

Even the way he says this, makes us look bad for demanding better compensation for players they've spoken to whilst on 4 year contracts to try to pry them out

Here's one for you Cal - they can stay at Richmond and honour their contract 👍 no deal

Who cares? Oliver will come with an $8m contract around his neck and is 27yo. Martin never plays and is 29yo. Smith is quality but coming off an ACL and will cost them $5m over 6-years. They’ll need to give up this years first and next years first to get the deals done.

So we are talking potentially $2.5m / season for Smith, Oliver and Martin.

It’s good business if they can all stay fit and healthy.. but it’s a massive ‘IF’… it could be the death of Geelong if it turns pear shaped.

i can't see them getting it done pokies man and the sniff are worth more than 1 first rounder each

Sick of seeing this garbage, reductive sentiment in the media. Bolton is not just a small forward, he's a bonafide game-breaking mid who hasn't even come close to his peak yet (IMO). Very few can do what he can.

If it's not 9 & 10 at minimum, keep him.
100 percent, we could easily keep Bolton and worry about getting 6, 12 and 20 from Gold Coast.

lot can change if Boltn stick, I am serious when I say Bolton may see one or more premierships with us in the future

We wont get what we think we will in here, but for the melts alone, as we scoop up 4 years worth of first rounders in 24 hours, the AFL should demand it.
I think you'll be surprised. We have a lot of leverage and we're dealing with desperate clubs.

Those happy with 9 and 16 for Bolton, I'd recommend not venturing into a sales job. You wouldn't be very good at it.

Pick 9 is likely to end up as pick 12 (Ashcroft, Lombard & Battle Compo- Saints shouldn't get band 1 but AFL will look after minnow clubs)

Pick 16 is then likely to be 20 (addition of Kako Bid)

I know these players aren't available to us but on face value, Bolton for 12&20 is huge unders and that's before you even consider he's contracted for another 4 years and we'd likely offer to contribute to his salary.

Even Picks 9&10 (12&13) seems low but would be something I think we just get done given it secures 4 picks in first 13 players on the board

Pick 9 is likely to end up as pick 12 (Ashcroft, Lombard & Battle Compo- Saints shouldn't get band 1 but AFL will look after minnow clubs)

Pick 16 is then likely to be 20 (addition of Kako Bid)

I know these players aren't available to us but on face value, Bolton for 12&20 is huge unders and that's before you even consider he's contracted for another 4 years and we'd likely offer to contribute to his salary.

Even Picks 9&10 (12&13) seems low but would be something I think we just get done given it secures 4 picks in first 13 players on the board
There's a reason why Freo fans are so happy to let 9 & 16 go for Bolton because they know its unders.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back