List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728278216122.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
You have all spent the past few years wanting him delisted or traded, you don’t get to complain about the compo we get lol
Not me I had him as a future captain

Anyone see Blair arrive with lube at the presser yesterday? No? He's going in dry. We are getting overs for our contracted players. That's the beauty of contracted players, we hold all the cards. Don't give us what we want? Sweet, we hold on to them. Give us 3 first rounders for Shai. Anyone remember his 2022 season? AA and could've won the Coleman could he kick a set shot from 15m directly in front. He's still that player but plays in a woeful team.

i can see why they want rioli but why noble as well he will only take a younger developing players spot Dimma is desperate and it will come crashing down when they finish bottom 8 again

Can’t wait to see it

It will be hilarious if Freo walk away from the trade, then next year lose enough close games to miss the 8

Being devils advocate... and putting myself in Freo's corner. The want future picks for Warner. They're already preparing the war chest given their willingness to trade out one of their first rounders. They'll bide their time if need be. There's every chance that they trade out all three picks if we say no to Bolton... and they'll be armed with probably 5-6 F1's to have another crack at Bolton and Warner.

I feel like the media is trying to talk down what deals are appropriate for our players. I don’t know, but I am not liking their narrative around both the Shai Bolton and Rioli trades. They’re contracted players.

The Bolton deal should be pick 10 and 11 at a bare minimum. Fremantle do this almost every trade period so they need to start becoming easier to deal with.

The Rioli deal is pick 6 and something else. Maybe not pick 13 if we’re to be honest (Rioli is not worth more than Bolton), but a second-rounder or third rounder should be fine IMO. Or, we can get pick 6 and pick 13 and give them something else of value in return (like pick 24 or whatever our first second-rounder is + another pick).

The narrative around Baker being a pick in the teens sounds about right. I’d be happy with a deal like that.

Also, the laugh I’ll laugh if we get Band 1 compensation for Jack Graham 🤣 I doubt it though. Hoping for an end-of-first draft.

Why would we pay the full cap when we can pay 90% for three years, which would allow us to then pay 110% when we're on the hunt for free agents in 2027-29?
95% is the minimum cap spend and 105% is the max, providing you only spent the minimum for 2 years prior.

We'll struggle to meet 95% next year if we don't chip in on the contracts of Rioli and/or Bolton. If it can gain us an extra or better pick we'd be mad not to.

why arent we targeting any players like we did at the end of 2010 like grigg and houli?

2024 was our 2010

should be targeting these types
Every time I see an interesting prospect announce that they’re looking to move to another club, I never see us on the list of teams chasing them. It’s always teams like St Kilda, Bulldogs, Hawthorn, and Geelong that are interested.

I think we should be scouting for potential gems the way Hawthorn did when taking D’Ambrosio from Essendon. We need to do that almost every year and not just rely on the draft. Those potential gems can usually be acquired with later draft picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you mean by Lefau and Clarke on the LTI? That wouldn't carry over into the off-season would it given they'd both probably be odds on to be back playing at some level by R1?
Do you think we had pies medical/fitness team, they are still 8-9 moths away

95% is the minimum cap spend and 105% is the max you can spend, providing you only spent the minimum for 2 years prior.

We'll struggle to meet 95% next year if we don't chip in on the contracts of Rioli and/or Bolton. If it can gain us an extra or better pick we'd be mad not to.

Why do you think this? We can spend this on the list for the next two years.

It’s so counterintuitive to say we spend it on in-contract traded players when we have no incentive to do so

Have we received pick 2 for Jack Graham yet?

Im expecting #6 + #23 for Rioli & #50 with Richmond paying $1 mil over 3 years

#10 + #11 for Bolton with Richmond paying $1 mil over 3 years

#3 for Baker + #10 + #32

Graham for #25 compo

#40 ,#42 , #44 , #60 , for Brisbane pick #20

Trade #6 + #20 for pick #2

#1 , #2 , #3 , #11 , #23 , #24 , #25 , #66

Take picks 1 , 2 , 3 , 11 , 25 , 66 trade #23 & #24 (first 2 picks on day 2) into F1's in 2025
#66 draft Sam davidson

So same question back at you... Are we bidding on Ashcroft? Because if we dont, you've completely undersold what we're getting from Brisbane.

Happy to trade up for one of 2 or 3.... but not both. I just think that on draft night, having so many picks early... the offers that will be coming will be mental. You could find F1's are being thrown at us, just to move back 4-5 spots. Anything under say pick 30... F1s will be offered.

Why do you think this? We can spend this on the list for the next two years.

It’s so counterintuitive to say we spend it on in-contract traded players when we have no incentive to do so

You don't overpay list players because front-loaded contracts hurt the club in the medium term.
1) You overpay players coming out of contract, pissing off the contracted players
2) You overpay young players, paying for potential rather than performance
3) Front loaded contracts lead to the player getting "homesick" when the back-end pay-cut hits.

If we pay our list appropriately in 2025, we'll have a lot of young talent on low (draft) contracts and a lot of role players happy to be playing and getting paid. As many others have said, we'll struggle to hit 90% of the salary cap in 2025 and (in particular) 2026.

Rather than overpay, get to the 90% minimum threshold by paying Rioli and Shai. Get better draft picks in return. Those salary deals roll off after 2-3 years and we're in a good spot.

Economy gonna come to a halt if you campaigners keep listening to trade radio all day

Anyone see Blair arrive with lube at the presser yesterday? No? He's going in dry. We are getting overs for our contracted players. That's the beauty of contracted players, we hold all the cards. Don't give us what we want? Sweet, we hold on to them. Give us 3 first rounders for Shai. Anyone remember his 2022 season? AA and could've won the Coleman could he kick a set shot from 15m directly in front. He's still that player but plays in a woeful team.
we played grouse round 1 and against the runners up then injuries destroyed us

still kind of believe that without louie we wouldnt have had a million injuries and couldve easily had made the 8 something freo failed to do

I dont think its as bad as what many think even though we finished last

and I toss and turn in bed at night over whether trading bolton is the right thing to do. rioli yes but not so sure about bolton

Hope the Doggies really spit the dummy with Cats and refuse to trade. Would be hilarious if it fell to our PSD pick. Can't remember the last time someone ended up having to be drafted at pick 1 in the PSD due to a dispute.

Bailey would nominate for the National Draft, not the PSD. And given the strength of the draft... he'll get to Geelong. Dogs can be filthy all they like - and totally justifiable - but its not the Cats fault. It's Bailey's. Bailey has right royally dogged them - he knew he was leaving 12-months ago. Compare Baker scenario... Baker went to WCE and told them he's willing to come only if fairly compensated. Bailey pissed on the floor on the way out.

we played grouse round 1 and against the runners up then injuries destroyed us

still kind of believe that without louie we wouldnt have had a million injuries and couldve easily had made the 8 something freo failed to do

I dont think its as bad as what many think even though we finished last

and I toss and turn in bed at night over whether trading bolton is the right thing to do. rioli yes but not so sure about bolton
Bolton should go, he's the icing on a cake. We don't have a cake to start with, so no point having icing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back