List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we're getting 6 and 12 for Rioli. They'd want something back that they can use. Either a swap after the Lombard bid on draft night or a future pick.

Lmao no chance
They just signed the Big Mac and on the verge of signing the Goat.They need cap space.It'll be 6 & 12 mark my words.

With brisbane winning it might do us a favor.
14 has now gone to 15?
If they win next week it'll be 17 or 18.
Pick 6 & 17 for pick 2 North would more than likey take it.
BTW 6 & 10 we won't do that deal
I wouldn't trade #6

There is no standout player in the top 6 to throw away a 1st rounder
#10 + 22 or 29 and they wouldn't do it

I think Norf will want Armstrong along with Melbourne and if this is the case they will have to take him at #2
FOS
Armstrong
Jagga
Draper
langford
Smillie
Lalor

Top 7 in any order

MPFNL news

Congrats to Eduthvale -Aspendale on winning Div2 seniors GF v Chelsea….Tyrone Vickey in bests for Edi-Asp

Congrats to Mt Eliza - on winning Div 1 seniors GF v Dromana Tigers (Tim Lunch junior club) -Nick Girolami RFC VFL bests for Mt Eliza…Jake Aarts best for Dromana …..and winning Div 1 reserves v Frankston YCW….and winning Div 1 u19s

Sanfl

Glenelg Tigers v Central Districts prelim …tigers 40points up late in last…Liam McBean starring 4 goals…Lachie Hosi also 4 goals

Last edited:
I could never understand how 'Arnold' went from an overweight Italian man to a small Chinese man in a year.
Arnold was Japanese-American. He sold Arnold's to Al, the fat Italian.

Sit on it, tigersnag.

Yeah, I was thinking about that while watching last night's match. The bloke was playing out of his skin - clear B.O.G., at least for the first 100 minutes of game time, playing in front of his home crowd, just about a full squad of Giants to pick from at the pinnacle of their careers, and in a cut-throat semi final in what will be the only final they get on their own deck.

But there was as many empty seats as occupied ones. With virtually no atmosphere or "19th Man" to help create that inertia when the goals were flowing, or rally support when the oppo started to get their tails up.

Tom Green wasn't around in 2017 when the Giants had to play in front of 90k+ Tiger fans in that MCG Prelim, but as a future academy pick and of Tiger heritage he was probably watching intently. And he was definitely playing last year in front of 97k against Collingwood in last year's MCG Preliminary Final, so he knows what that atmosphere looks like.

It's not getting any better for Tom Green at the Giants after last night. There's nothing to suggest that home crowd support will improve for the remainder of his Giants career, beyond a small marquee with about 50 "Tom Green Stand" theatre goers at his home matches.

Surely the fire will be lit in him to consider a move to Tigerland as he reflects upon another empty season during the upcoming summer?

Just for the record, he's a free agent at the end of 2027 when his current contract terminates at GWS. At the same time that Tasmania enter the league, and our 3-4 year rebuild of gun youngsters is hopefully complete and we know what our hand looks like.
Maybe a slither of a chance in 27 , he seems well invested in life at gws no chance he’d break a contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honesty don't want pick two.

The talk forever has been how even the first round is. If that's the case the clubs with the top six picks might conceivable have six different players in mind as to who they consider six best. If we keep six (assuming we get it) we might well end up with a player we ranked second anyhow or at worst the third. To give away picks 6 and 10 (worst case I know) is insanity. Even 6 and a later pick seems completely unnecessary to me.

If we have too many picks then simply trade them into next years draft. We aren't Gold Coast where we can just fritter them away.
Spot on

So is it actually true cerra might be exploring his options? Would we look at him?

ryan reynolds hd GIF

MPFNL news

Congrats to Eduthvale -Aspendale on winning Div2 seniors GF v Chelsea….Tyrone Vickey in bests for Edi-Asp

Congrats to Mt Eliza - on winning Div 1 seniors GF v Dromana Tigers (Tim Lunch junior club) and winning Div 1 reserves v Frankston YCW….and winning Div 1 u19s

Sanfl

Glenelg Tigers v Central Districts prelim …tigers 40points up late in last…Liam McBean starring 4 goals…Lachie Hosi also 4 goals

Sorrento is the junior club of Tim Lunch. As an aside, Jake Aarts plays for Dromana.

He’s a decent player when up and going

Look at where we are. We are ground zero of a rebuild. It’s not the direction we should go.

Carlton will want first round draft picks and we cannot under any circumstances give any we have up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back