List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder where he ended up? Last thing I saw on him he had that altercation with all the cops after merhing out and stealing a car or something. Peak Yarran would have looked so good at the tigers - gotta be one of the dirtiest trade moves by Carlton selling us a proper druggie. Total campaigner move
Screenshot_20240916_152912_Samsung Internet.jpg
Rookie him back?? 🤪 Groupie_

Yeah I feel like people are getting hung up on how deep the draft is and therefore equating that a top ten pick is equal to a top four pick which is not my understanding of this (or any) draft
I think its more than the drop off isnt as severe so you may be better off with 2 picks alter in the top 10 rather than 1 in the top 4.

I think its more than the drop off isnt as severe so you may be better off with 2 picks alter in the top 10 rather than 1 in the top 4.
I think its all alot of uneducated shit opinions.

Clubs will have a distinct standouts, levels, wish lists etc.

For the right deal I wouldn't be against us having a look at trading in

James Peatling
Riley Garcia

I also wouldn't be against us having a discussion with Cumming from GWS as an unrestricted free agent.

With our departures we could use a couple of ready made types so that we don't become too young.

James Peatling
Riley Garcia

I also wouldn't be against us having a discussion with Cumming from GWS as an unrestricted free agent.

With our departures we could use a couple of ready made types so that we don't become too young.
I'm a big Peatling fan. Cracks in like few others. Perfect age profile for where we are at as well, as he is 24 years old and coming into his best years.

It saddens me that we haven't been linked yet but I'm still holding out hope.

James Peatling
Riley Garcia

Leek Aleer would fit very well into our backline either in conjunction with Balta and Gibcus or to free one to go forward

I'm a big Peatling fan. Cracks in like few others. Perfect age profile for where we are at as well, as he is 24 years old and coming into his best years.

On the AFL website that he’s close to extending at the Giants for another 2-3 years

Personally, I’d rather we hit the draft and draft our own. There’s plenty of talls available
Draft is still a massive risk especially for talls
Think we will have enough picks and open list spots to do both and it will mean we have a healthier list overall

Personally, I’d rather we hit the draft and draft our own. There’s plenty of talls available
For the right price we should be open to anyone who could improve the depth of our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those picks will be late 20's by the time we get to select players with them. If you could get f1 picks for them it would be worth considering but Richmond, like other clubs, would need to weight the expected value of the future pick against the players still available. Part of the value of any f1 pick might also come from its potential trade value as well, which could really escalate if the counter party did a Collingwood.

I just don't think the club would or should have a pre-conceived certain idea of what it will do with those picks.

Prior to draft night, I believe we would swap any pick in the 20’s for a F1 from ANY club without hesitation. It means pick-18 at worst in 2025 and we will already likely have 5-6 top-20 picks in 2024.

On draft night it’ll be simple … if a player we love remains in the 20’s we take them, if not we trade.

IMO one of Blair’s greatest strengths is the ‘numbers’ game related to picks and points .. I trust he will be all over it and our draft hand for 2024 and 2025 combined will improve greatly as draft night rolls on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes I don't think Cerra would be high on Richmond's agenda. But if his guaranteed money wasn't too high, and maybe for a late 1st/early 2nd pick you would have to start thinking about him. But if that was the price you would have some other clubs interested in him anyway. Collingwood would be another club who may have an interest in this type of player. Melbourne perhaps?

We are probably better off trying to find fast and skillful types, but it is not easy to get the whole package in one midfielder.
In a draft where we are getting 5 or 6 first round midfielders we have no room for a player who may be over the hill. Many mid 20s players start breaking down, like hopper. Hard no,not for any price. Possibly cerra and Carlton Rd 1 pick for a rd 4 pick in return.

In a draft where we are getting 5 or 6 first round midfielders we have no room for a player who may be over the hill. Many mid 20s players start breaking down, like hopper. Hard no,not for any price. Possibly cerra and Carlton Rd 1 pick for a rd 4 pick in return.
Hard no on Cerra. Average to good, but will never be elite. Has hamstring issues. The last thing we need right now.

If we get anyone in, it will be at low cost. No 1st round picks going out.

Peatling is going to re sign.

I'm sure all the usual suspects would be against it but Lewis Young has been told he's free to look around. He'd be a good cheap pickup. Did an absolute number on Jack last year. Only 25. Apparently doesn't get along all that well with Weitering which is why he hasn't been a lock at Carlton.

It was a cheeky comment to a mate on twitter. Like far out. The whole issue is a massive over reaction. The world has gone completely soft
That's fine , bit if you want to consistantly troll oppo clubs like he does, then be a man about it and don't hide behind Sam Mitchell .
It was bound to happen, you can't have one guy disrespecting clubs all the time.

Peatling is going to re sign.

I'm sure all the usual suspects would be against it but Lewis Young has been told he's free to look around. He'd be a good cheap pickup. Did an absolute number on Jack last year. Only 25. Apparently doesn't get along all that well with Weitering which is why he hasn't been a lock at Carlton.
Defenders is one area we seem to have an abundance of.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back