List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s risk preservation.

Simple. You have a much better chance to get elite talent higher you pick.

Will you get it right 100% of the time? Nope. Is this draft better deeper? Yes.

But like richoatthedisco says, Pick 1, 2, 3 gets the best A grade talent.

(1)FOS, (2)Lalor and (3) Smith

(1)FOS, (6) Murphy and (10) Allan

Pick your poison.

For me its simple. Lalor and FOS have superstar qualities that the return would justify the cost and you could live with it if they don't reach that level. But they could potentially be the air to throne that Dusty and Cotch have handed over and any cost would be worth it.

I don't have Jagga in that same conversation. Going to be a very good player but Im not losing sleep on missing out on him.

It's time to trade our pick 1 for lower picks, it's the year to do it.
Do you just read what 99% of people want to do and then just suggest the opposite?
Are you one of those overthinking types?

I think the recruiters have their reasons and know a bit more than you champ.
This is ironic coming from you considering you were just trying to explain why we should trade pick 1.

Try and learn some self awareness.

What are the chances Matty Clarke plucks a surprise and goes after
Bolton , Baker , Blight & Graham

He is getting rid of Darling & Barrass and with all the retirements they would have 8 mil in cap space this year alone
Offers Bolton 7 years at $1.3 million Baker $800k and Graham 4 years $575k to ensure Band 3 Blight 3 years

#3 + #13 + #23 for Baker , Blight , Bolton , #29

This is ironic coming from you considering you were just trying to explain why we should trade pick 1.

Try and learn some self awareness.
You fail to understand the value of picks this year. You think just because someone has pick 1 beside their name, it automatically makes them the best player in the draft. Not this year.

Last edited:
Cumming for Graham would be a win IMO

Cumming could be a good replacement for Rioli while Travaglia develops 😉

I think it really depends on Grahams compo. If it’s band 3 we’d probably be mad to give it up. We would be better off trading for Cumming assuming he won’t attract more than band 3.

Of course there is always the option Graham resigns, and we sign Cumming, Perryman and Peatling, and still end up with 6 first round picks.

You fail to understand the value of picks this year. You think just because someone has pick 1 beside their name, it automatically makes them the best player in the draft. Not this year.
Pick 1 gives us first choice of all available talent and you back your recruitment team to select the player most likely to be the best player in the class.

Now it doesn't always mean that you end up with the best player though due to development injuries etc, but unless we're getting massive overs you don't trade out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is getting rid of Darling & Barrass and with all the retirements they would have 8 mil in cap space this year alone
Offers Bolton 7 years at $1.3 million Baker $800k and Graham 4 years $575k to ensure Band 3 Blight 3 years

This is crazy Vlossy bad. Give yourself an uppercut

They don’t have or want to separate from their high end collateral, no chance of it happening, unless we bundled them together and traded for a r2

Too slow for us I reckon. If we didn't have Hopper could have been an option.
Good example of the salary dump options that always come up , treloar another example . Not the last bloke we’d pic up but I think we’re holding onto enough experience,,,if graham goes which I kinda hope ,,,perhaps we should look at this

Rosas still not mentioned in the media as coming to us is sad. 100% asked the question so have to assume he turned us down.

Lewis Young would be handy IMO, but maybe the club thinks Blight can reach his level.

Kennedy to Norf IMO, exactly what they need but keep a close eye on the Cats, he is a typical Cats get.

that's pure 2.00 am crazy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back