List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Jack Graham but any draft pick for him is a super bonus.
Prediction boomark: He will be a premiership coach.

Interesting take on Graham, I see a guy who was tempted by Carlton before changing his mind, tempted enough by Port Adelaide to visit their facilities and now tempted with the Eagles by doing the same. Perhaps he gives his all when he commits but I don't think he is 100% loyal.

Doesn't surprise me these guys failed at leading our club this year.
I think the players leaving us know that their quality as footballers & leaders will be shown up and they are afraid they’d be exposed. It’s easier for them to run. Not the types you want leading your club.

All year I said anyone who isn't willing to buy in to what Yze is trying to establish can go. To me it's clear that the 4 leaving haven't bought in and IMO had their minds made up very early in the season to depart and that's disappointing.

Add to the fact the reports of certain players not adhering to the game plan and running their own race and it's clear that these aren't the guys that we want being leaders in thr next generation.

IMO when they go I believe we will see an improvement in the way the team plays as we won't have players running their own race, and I expect anyone who does will not be given the 'freedom' that happened this year, but will be quickly pulled into line.

All year I said anyone who isn't willing to buy in to what Yze is trying to establish can go. To me it's clear that the 4 leaving haven't bought in and IMO had their minds made up very early in the season to depart and that's disappointing.

Add to the fact the reports of certain players not adhering to the game plan and running their own race and it's clear that these aren't the guys that we want being leaders in thr next generation.

IMO when they go I believe we will see an improvement in the way the team plays as we won't have players running their own race, and I expect anyone who does will not be given the 'freedom' that happened this year, but will be quickly pulled into line.

Or no one respects him, and they left because they know what competence looks like, and he aint it.

Or no one respects him, and they left because they know what competence looks like, and he aint it.
The younger players appreciate Yze because he is prepared to play them unlike McQualter who had an opportunity and squandered it.

Could it be some players did not get their choice of coach and decided to leave?

The last thing the club wants is the players deciding who the coach should be.

What’s gonna happen at west coke when mini plays his 2 favourites in baker and Graham and they might not be worthy of a game the fans will burn the joint down we saw this year bakers heart wasn’t in it and what will happen when the going gets tough over there same thing and Graham you know what you are getting and that’s a statue

What’s gonna happen at west coke when mini plays his 2 favourites in baker and Graham and they might not be worthy of a game the fans will burn the joint down we saw this year bakers heart wasn’t in it and what will happen when the going gets tough over there same thing and Graham you know what you are getting and that’s a statue

West Coast have worse depth than us, Graham will be like their 10th best player. If they are ever good enough to think Baker isn’t worthy of a game they should be clear flag favourites.

Really hoping we are looking at guys like Caleb Daniels to replace what we have lost. Wouldn’t cost the world and we clearly have cap space.

Anyone else pissed off with Bolton, Baker, Graham and Rioli? As the days get closer to trade week the more I think these 4 guys have let us down.
They were supposed to be our next leaders for the young guys and it seems they got what they wanted and think it's best to move on for their own self interests.
No different to Dimma IMO and now I won't them out.
No. They all contributed to multiple flags and given their all to this club.

They were fully committed under Dimma and stayed committed as we moved to a new coach. This year it became clear that this team needs multiple years at the bottom to refresh before we'll be anywhere close to contending.

From their point of view, them staying will slow this down. If they want the team to succeed , then them leaving is actually the best decision for the team. That's the difference here. Don't get salty just because a player leaves the club, from a personal standpoint AND a club standpoint this benefits both parties.

Stuff that "self interest" bs. It's not self interest when it benefits the team as much as it does to themselves.

Yeah. Loyalty sometimes is brave. I was loyal to this club and even was a coterie member during 37 years of shit.

But in this context, yes they are pea hearts. Sorry to hurt your feelings.
My sentiments aren’t dissimilar , I’ll take the spoils but they could have made diff choices like those that stood before them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hoping we are looking at guys like Caleb Daniels to replace what we have lost. Wouldn’t cost the world and we clearly have cap space.
I'd rather have him in our backline than Short.

💯

Besides

We finished dead last, never in a season have we had less wins and these four played most of the season.

If they can get us some picks, and Yze can draft some kids to usher in the next Cotchin, Dusty, Jack R, Rance era ... then let's do it.

Their parting gift on the way out the door can be their currency, helps us reset and look for boys with higher character that will become men who bring home 🏆 14
That’s how we rationalize it in the end , still first reaction is disappointing that these guys saw a future elsewhere

So 2 years ago WCE gave up pick 2 for 8 & 12. It looks like 13 is on the table for Baker, which will leave them with 3-23 & Baker, are we better off trading Baker and pick 9/10 for pick 3 and forego 13? Or is it better for us to keep 9/10 & 13.

Looks to me like WCE come out clear winners if we go with the first scenario because they'll end up with 9/10 & 13 & Baker, but we'll have our hands on pick 3.

WCE:

2 for 8 & 12, a couple of years ago

3 for 9 & 13 & Baker

Tigers:

1-6-9-10-13 currently
or
1-3-6-9 after trades

Port want a 2nd rounder for Soldo from StKilda 🤣

Trying to recoup most of what they paid for him
Soldo + 50 for 41,49,F2 (29) + F4 (72) equivalent of pick 16
Wonder if Saints are going to move Marshall forward or Soldo is just going to VFL?

If Saints plan on using Soldo as 1st ruck then he's worth a 2nd rounder. If he's just depth then should be a 3rd.

Wonder if Saints are going to move Marshall forward or Soldo is just going to VFL?

If Saints plan on using Soldo as 1st ruck then he's worth a 2nd rounder. If he's just depth then should be a 3rd.
A third round pick is more his value. We made like bandits trading him for second, third and fourth round picks

One thing we don't need is half-backs.

I'd rather have him in our backline than Short.
We're stuck with Short.

On the hate for the departees. No. They all have legit reasons, and be in no doubt they have only asked for trades after getting the green light from Blair.

Blair saw the writing on the wall regarding the state of the list, and the unique opportunity he'd have to hyperdrive a rebuild by letting these guys go. Why do you think Shai did a 180? Why do you think they've all said they're happy to stay if we don't get the deals we want?

The pull home for Shai and Bakes is real and has always been there. Even more so now for Shai with a growing young family.

Daniel has done a dozen Victorian winters. He's from the Tiwi! Don't underestimate the pull of three games a year in Darwin for him. You cannot question his buy-in, he was magnificent this year. Has always given 100%, at every contest, in every game. Tiger royalty.

Graham is the one getting the least hate because you all want him gone, yet he's the only one without a legit, powerful, personal reason to go where he's going.

I hate seeing these blokes leave. I love them. But I don't blame them. I blame Matt Clarke's drafting failures, and Blair for not standing up to Dimma and telling him he could have one of Taranto and Hopper, but not both. That's why the list is where it is, and why keeping these champions would be a finger in the dyke.

Strong and bold, mother****ers. The genesis of our next dynasty.

Go well, good luck, and thanks to our departing champions, forever Tiger legends.

So 2 years ago WCE gave up pick 2 for 8 & 12. It looks like 13 is on the table for Baker, which will leave them with 3-23 & Baker, are we better off trading Baker and pick 9/10 for pick 3 and forego 13? Or is it better for us to keep 9/10 & 13.

Looks to me like WCE come out clear winners if we go with the first scenario because they'll end up with 9/10 & 13 & Baker, but we'll have our hands on pick 3.

WCE:

2 for 8 & 12, a couple of years ago

3 for 9 & 13 & Baker

Tigers:

1-6-9-10-13 currently
or
1-3-6-9 after trades
This is completely ****en stupid. It’s an even draft!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back