List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm always correct. Sometimes you're just too thick to realise ;)

Seth Meyers Ok GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

They will still be wanting more. Picks are worth much less next year, and he's a likely top 3 pick.
Depth is the projected issue, not quality AFAIK. So anything beyond pick 5 is likely to be worth significantly less. Our F1 pick will be worth plenty, unless there's a miracle, but not worth a gamble on a F1 pick from a team expected to make the finals.

Depth is the projected issue, not quality AFAIK. So anything beyond pick 5 is likely to be worth significantly less. Our F1 pick will be worth plenty, unless there's a miracle, but not worth a gamble on a F1 pick from a team expected to make the finals.
I'm talking purely about points value. They have a top 3 rated player coming through. Stockpiling later picks doesn't work anywhere near as well anymore from 2025 onwards. They will need early picks to match the bid.

I also didn't mention our pick at all. Just that the Suns will likely want to trade pick 12 for a future 1st.

The De Konings are the most overrated players in the AFL.

Tom Dekoning has taken ages but in his 7th year as a 24-25yo he has finally become a decent ruck, not dominant at this point, just decent.

His brother Sam could easily be similar and come into his own in the same age range, but based on what he has shown so far he is outrageously over-rated, as demonstrated by the fact Geelong declared him fit for finals and left him out, preferring middling players like Stanley, Koldjashnij, Jack Henry, Neale in roles SDK was in line for.

I think both will be decent players in the future, but haven't exactly got the runs on the board to write home about at this point.

Last edited:
They will still be wanting more. Picks are worth much less next year, and he's a likely top 3 pick.
You may well be right, but who knows what the AFL will do. They confused the * out of everyone this year with the NGA bidding. And next year’s changes to FS , Academy, NGA bidding, hasn’t really been rubber stamped. They are talking a reduction from 20% to 10%( points discount ) on matched bids , but refusing to say it’ll apply to every academy player.

They’ll look after the Northern states and the academies they’ve driven.

You may well be right, but who knows what the AFL will do. They confused the * out of everyone this year with the NGA bidding. And next year’s changes to FS , Academy, NGA bidding, hasn’t really been rubber stamped. They are talking a reduction from 20% to 10%( points discount ) on matched bids , but refusing to say it’ll apply to every academy player.

They’ll look after the Northern states and the academies they’ve driven.
The changes have been put in place already. They can't not be. Clubs plan for future drafts years in advance. It's why they couldn't make any changes to the F/S / academy system this year. Some clubs (like our own) specifically traded picks in 2023 to take advantage of other clubs needing points in 2024.

1727790567621.png

1727790584071.png

"A 10% discount will be applied on all bids from selection 1 to 18 followed by an 84-point deduction (being 10% of selection 18) for all bids from selection 19 to 36.

Matching a bid - first round: Matched using equivalent DVI points.

Matching a bid - after first-round:

Matched using equivalent DVI points up to selection 36.

Match with next selection from selection 37.

Restriction on Northern Academies: There will be no restrictions based on ladder finishing position for Northern Academy clubs."

Let's say Uwland gets bid on at pick 3.

In 2024, you could use picks 32, 33, 45, 51
In 2025, you would need picks 18, 25, 33, 44

It's a huge difference in points needed to match. GC already have the points needed to match Lombard this year. They will be giving us 6 (and maybe 20). 12 is much more valuable to them as a way to get points currency in 2025, so they will likely trade it to someone. I'd say Collingwood, since there's the whole John Noble situation, but they have their own father/son bid to match in 2025.

Restriction on Northern Academies: There will be no restrictions based on ladder finishing position for Northern Academy clubs.

^^^^ I have NFI what this means, though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ONly way i see Richmond getting pick #12 from Gold Coast is offer them a deal they cant refuse

Rioli + F2 + $500k x 2 years for #6 + #12

This gives them points for next year plus cap relief
We could then use #21 (1st pick on 2nd day ) get into 1st round in 2025 and might even do the same with #22 if we get that for Graham

Just basically means we get #12 plus move our F2 to F1

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back