List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of a difference in terms of the calibre of players leaving, but yeah not ideal for the giants even if they are mostly depth or role players
The quality of the players leaving doesn't matter, if there is a mass exodus then clearly the head coach is no good.

Happy Jack Graham Departing/Re-Signing Day to all those who celebrate

I'm pretty much of the opposite view on everything you say here.

Norf will likely be prepared to trade pick 2, whereas West Coast will want to keep 3. I've heard they are very keen on Jagga.

We are best positioned to deal with Norf but if we don't someone else might. No one will give them better than pick 6, so we might get pick 2 for say 6 and 18. Or for say 9 & 13.

Pick 6 for them means they will have first dibs on any tall, likely either Armstrong or Tauru. Pick 6 for us means FOS, Lalor, Jagga, Draper and Langford are all gone. At 9 & 10 we can get Berry and Travaglia, then grab Allan at 12 and Faull at 13 if we want a key forward.

I’d read earlier (last week maybe) that WCE were open to splitting 3 which is where the Baker & 9 for pick 3 conversations had started- was reported in the media.

Preference for the pick 3 is that WCE had previously split pick 2 for 8&12 so essentially they’d be open to doing the same for pick 3 and 9&13 aligns to what they’ve done previously.

North’s pick 2 is something I’d hope we’re interested in but just can’t see it happening knowing they’d want pick 6 as part of the deal- less appealing to us to move forward 4 places but then give another first rounder for the privilege of doing so.

The Bolton trade is very easy .....pay up Freo or Fook off and be a shit club forever !!!...we will be quite happy to keep Bolton .....over to you ya purple fooks....that should be our one and only statement to Freo on the subject
I’d be happy to retain Bolton for another year if freo don’t deal . He’s not going to elevate from pick 1 in 2025 anyhow, non damage either way

Happy Jack Graham Departing/Re-Signing Day to all those who celebrate
Hope he signs a 4 year deal with us just to watch some heads explode in here.

The Bolton trade is very easy .....pay up Freo or Fook off and be a shit club forever !!!...we will be quite happy to keep Bolton .....over to you ya purple fooks....that should be our one and only statement to Freo on the subject
Yep. What people just can’t seem to understand or comprehend in the Rioli and Bolton deals. Long term contracts. Pay up or FRO and they stay at Tigerland. The club has to come first here.

Meh, let Geelong grab the damaged goods, it'll come back and bite them in one form or another. We're playing the good and smart game.

I think it's a given that salary cap trading will be implemented, if not next year then certainly the year after. This will add another dimension as to how clubs can build their lists and will be a vital cog in the machinations. Those clubs who can take advantage will have a leg up on the others particularly with Tassie entering the draft landscape in 3 years time.

There's currently a mild form salary cap trading which we've seen with the Treloar, Grundy and Bowes trades, I have no doubt that the Tigers will be juicing up the salaries in the Bolton and Rioli deals too.

The Tigers have cleared a monumental amount of salary off their books, firstly through the retirements of Dusty, Grimes, Pickett and Naismith, secondly by releasing Bolton, Bakar, Rioli and Graham. I would hazard a guess that it would be around $5m. There's a substantial rise coming next year in TPP's but I would think that most of that would already be factored into contracts, possibly through front loading.

There's also been a change in banking TPP's where 95% was the threshold and clubs could bank that 5% for two years. It's now 90% and that 10% can be banked for 3 years. If the Tigers took full advantage then they could build a warchest of around $5m.

I don't think that Richmond will target many FA players over the next 2 years, maybe some young fringe players if they see value. I do expect that they'll hit the draft hard and could easily end up with 10 first round picks over the next 3 years and likely more than that with salary cap trading. Mark my words though, we're in a great position to hit the FA market hard before Tassie comes in and I mean real hard.
We're in a great position to offer Cadman a godfather offer in 2yrs time or so.Best bit if we time it well we offer the Giants one of our picks in the Tassie compromised draft.

We are lucky to have leaders like Lynch, Broad, Prestia, Vlaustin, Nankervis etc at the club whilst we go through this rebuild. They won’t be around when we are challenging but because of them we will eventually challenge again.
Completely agree , bottom clubs rarely have experienced qty on hand like this to nurture draftees , it’ll certainly help us be competitive provided they stay fit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats third party deals.
CFL with a brush and some carpet.

Richmond have always done it the hard way.

Need to set up a holiday Village in Torquay ,the home of the Tigers.

Or just win premierships the Richmond Way,with grace.
Be great if a whistleblower brings the cats down.

If they pay fair value for Bolton they don’t have the capital to get Warner next year. That’s why they’re melting so hard.
Trade 16 for a future 1st.A few clubs will jump at 16 this year.Pies/Geelong to name a few.
2025 trade for Warner-Freo 1st and Pies 1st.

It really is quite simple.

Give us pick 9 & 10 like we want or don't get Bolton. How bad do Freo want Bolton? Their club recently said the time is now to get elite talent in instead of drafting young guys and waiting for them to develop.

If they want Warner more than Bolton, then don't trade for Bolton and move your picks into next year, however there's no guarantee that Warner picks Freo. Would be pretty funny if they moved their picks to make a play for Warner and he ended up picking West Coast.
Or staying at the Swans

Completely agree , bottom clubs rarely have experienced qty on hand like this to nurture draftees , it’ll certainly help us be competitive provided they stay fit
Benny Gale was always big on that vs when he came in. KB’s cubs were so talented and we should’ve been better, but had very few to bring them along

How’s everybody feeling this morning? A bit like grand final morning 2017?

I was standing near a roundabout in a side street in Richmond (near the Dusty mural) waiting for my wife to finish a phone call. Next thing this black Ute goes around the roundabout and I look straight at the driver, it’s Jack Graham, and before I can do anything we are locked in a thumbs up trance. Safe to say I knew the 2017 GF was in good hands.

Shame Jack never went to the next level but he’ll always be a tigers legend for his heroics in the 2017 GF and the 2019 prelim.

i would love to get 12 but i think it's about a 1% chance of happening so i don't bother pipe dreaming that much. I think getting pick 20 is hopeful but also unlikely as Gold Coast still need points for Lombard.

Other teams are coming hard for pick 12, more than we can offer for Rioli & other picks, especially when future 1st rounders are being thrown around for it. Doubt we have any chance.
Then we keep Rioli.
Pretty sure the Suns would be aware of it.

Assuming Jack Graham is going. I’d absolutely bring in Brandon Parfitt. Isn’t exactly a need but he’s a good footballer that we can bring in for free. Only 26 and has plenty of good football ahead. I believe we were interested in the past? Wonder if we still are.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back