List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728031802671.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
Left field idea -

Thoughts?

Trade players

Baker for 14
Bolton for 10 and 11
Rioli and 50 for 6 and 23

Compo
Graham - band 3 pick 25

Then go to Essendon
Give them 14 and 32, 42, 44, 60, 69
For pick 9

Essentially trading out 5 picks that we won’t use for a 5 pick upgrade and allowing them to match an early bid for kako whilst still having a 1st round pick

Go to the draft with picks
1, 6, 9, 10, 11, 23, 24, 25 with room to trade out into next year on the night

Or the opportunity to possibly trade
9, 23 for pick 3

Leaving
1, 3, 6, 10, 11, 24, 25

I don’t see us taking more than 6 players.
Also before everyone melts I don’t really think those trades are fair for the players. Except for baker. It’s just me trying to make the best of those scenarios

Left field idea -

Thoughts?

Trade players

Baker for 14
Bolton for 10 and 11

Compo
Graham - band 3 pick 25

Then go to Essendon
For pick 9

Essentially trading out 5 picks that we won’t use for a 5 pick upgrade and allowing them to match an early bid for kako whilst still having a 1st round pick

9, 23 for pick 3

Leaving
1, 3, 6, 10, 11, 24, 25

Also before everyone melts I don’t really think those trades are fair for the players. Except for baker. It’s just me trying to make the best of those scenarios

Can't see Essendon wanting to trade out pick 9, they would be hoping Kako bid comes after 9 and if it doesn't then they will just use 9 to match it.

Left field idea -

Thoughts?

Trade players

Baker for 14
Bolton for 10 and 11

Compo
Graham - band 3 pick 25

Then go to Essendon
For pick 9

9, 23 for pick 3

Leaving
1, 3, 6, 10, 11, 24, 25

Nice but I don't see WC trading pick 3 for 9 & 23

Can't see Essendon wanting to trade out pick 9, they would be hoping Kako bid comes after 9 and if it doesn't then they will just use 9 to match it.
I was just going off a couple of things I read that clubs in front of Essendon are keen on kako. So dropping 5 picks essentially means that they get 2 first round picks instead of 1 and we move up higher into the top 10

I was just going off a couple of things I read that clubs in front of Essendon are keen on kako. So dropping 5 picks essentially means that they get 2 first round picks instead of 1 and we move up higher into the top 10
I hope Saints bid on Kako with pick 8. That would be great.

Last edited:
Left field idea -

Thoughts?

Trade players

Baker for 14
Bolton for 10 and 11

Compo
Graham - band 3 pick 25

Then go to Essendon
For pick 9

9, 23 for pick 3

Leaving
1, 3, 6, 10, 11, 24, 25

No offence but that Essendon trade is absolutely terrible.

Picks 32, 42, 44, 60 & 69 is worth 1536 points. You don’t trade 1500 points for a 14 to 9 upgrade.

We could trade Essendon picks 42, 44 & 50 (60 if they want it as well) which is 1030 points (probably enough for Kako) for picks 31 (606 points) and a swap of pick 9 for pick 11 (assuming we hold 10/11).

We could then either keep 31/32 or trade it for either Brisbane’s future first or pick 20. We could potentially trade that future first to GC for pick 13 as part of the Rioli trade.

1, 6, 9, 10, 13, 14, 24, 25* (if Graham is band 3).

No offence but that Essendon trade is absolutely terrible.

Picks 32, 42, 44, 60 & 69 is worth 1536 points. You don’t trade 1500 points for a 14 to 9 upgrade.

We could trade Essendon picks 42, 44 & 50 (60 if they want it as well) which is 1030 points (probably enough for Kako) for picks 31 (606 points) and a swap of pick 9 for pick 11 (assuming we hold 10/11).

We could then either keep 31/32 or trade it for either Brisbane’s future first or pick 20. We could potentially trade that future first to GC for pick 13 as part of the Rioli trade.

1, 6, 9, 10, 13, 14, 24, 25* (if Graham is band 3).
No offence taken, just an idea.
But in your scenario we are absolutely bending Essendon over a barrel and they gain absolutely nothing for dropping 2 picks. No way would they accept that deal. Perhaps if they didn’t give us 31 back. If a bid came for kako at say pick 8 they wouldn’t have enough points in the back end to match without burning pick 11, in your scenario it would take out pick 11 and all there other points and take them from 11 to pick 22 with no other picks
My scenario means they would match pick 8, keep pick 14 and use there pick 31. Taking 3 picks in the draft, we move up 5 spots and burn 5 picks that we wouldn’t be using anyway.

As I said, just an idea trying to move up higher and burn picks we wouldn’t be using

Last edited:
One would assume that Hardwick instructions to his recruiting staff in terms of Rioli would be along the lines of ‘whatever it takes, i don’t care, get him in the door’.

That was his plan all along by moving to GC, to help get us overs for Rioli and troll the media with Dusty. He is playing 4D chess whilst we are playing checkers.

It’s not Noble for Pick 13

It will be Noble and a future 1st Round Pick to GC
For Pick 13 and either a late pick this year or later future pick next year.

GC want to move 13 because of Lombard this year, into next year for more points.
Even then.... It seems nuts.
campaigner would be in delist territory in 20 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what do they do? Gentlemen’s handshake with clubs holding picks 1-5?
Edit: They’ll have to trade on the day won’t they.
Rgey will be going into deficit next year and they have academy kids next year as well

marshall may just be way too expensive and think let him pass through which would be great
Really believe if this kid was not academy he would be top 10

Yes it has problems, but the US system has its own problems. Can space means nothing when no one wants to come to our team.
FA EXTREMELY benefits large market teams and does nothing for small market teams but takes players from them.

You don't want that system. As on OKC fan, losing one of the best players in the league (KD) to the best team in the league all those years ago with nothing in return was awful. Seeing your teem go from genuine contender to not good enough with no ability to improve is a so trash for a supproter.

Yeah it sucks. But, where are OKC now? It worked out pretty well - they were able to sign a plethora of high end free agents (that they later sold at higher stock) , or take "salary dumps" on guys like Chris Paul, who they then turned into the largest bounty of draft picks in NBA history.

I understand that the KD situation would have felt yuck at the time, if anything, OKC shows the system working at its best. If a player leaves, expecting the "Reward" from that to be instant, is not sustainable or realistic. The system is built to allow the team to have flexibility to make several different paths to rebuild. Presti has probably executed that better than anyone else in history, so as much as KD leaving sucked when it happened, long term the system 100% worked Presti used a series of "salary dump" contracts, buy low/sell high situations to use the cap space that KD opened up to build a. possibly, stronger team, by signing free agents, and trading them for 10,000 1st round picks. I think thats the issue with the current system - they are trying to hard to make teams losing the player has to be rewarded immediately VS allowing the professional list managers to fix problems creatively.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back