List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728278216122.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
What do you want to keep Bolton for?

Nobody can seem to answer this question.

All I hear is to keep Bolton out of spite.

Somebody, anybody please answer this question.
because he is a gun, irreplaceable and Freo wants to commit grsnd theft auto and you are oblivious willing to throw away the keys

Dude im not going bto spoon feed you as you clearly cant follow the thread so stop replying and go back an read EXACTLY what was written and who i replied to.

THE END !!!

Mate don’t take the bat and ball home. Stand by what you posted. You also went on to make a point that we’ve paid players to play for other clubs.

What’s the problem?
Anyone subscribed to the West?
I can't see this guy staying the Eagles already seem worried from the first paragraph.

I’d be shocked if he asked for a trade

Nah **** em. He’s contracted move players on and manage your TPP if you need to make the deal work for us.
we have to pay a minimum % of the cap, we came last with several of our best players leaving. Unless we start paying list cloggers $750k/yr, we will have trouble paying that minimum. So if it can buy us leverage elsewhere, we should make it work for us.

we have to pay a minimum % of the cap, we came last with several of our best players leaving. Unless we start paying list cloggers $750k/yr, we will have trouble paying that minimum. So if it can buy us leverage elsewhere, we should make it work for us.

Pay the vets they deserve it and maybe we bring a player or two in. TPP can work for us too apart from helping another club out

I reckon Shai Bolton + pick 32 for Freo's 10,11 & 18 is fair, I would walk away if they don't do that honestly, we need to stop being soft at the trade table, I could care less what the media personalities like Barrett say!

That’s more than Geelong gave for Dangerfield or Cameron. It’s more than Port gave for JHF. It’s more than Freo gave for Luke Jackson.

Bolton is an excitement machine who can do anything. He’s also a pretty terrible kick.

Don’t get me wrong, he will be a great asset for Freo and we should drive a hard bargain, but we are not trading Dustin Martin circa 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone subscribed to the West?
I can't see this guy staying the Eagles already seem worried from the first paragraph.

More the reason to get FOS with our 1st, as they are best mates. If we can go after him when his contract is up, especially when we need to get our spending up with our salary cap at its lowest point in a couple of seasons. Front end Reid's contract for the first couple of years of a 6-7 years contract to allow for salary increases for our other recruits over the following few years

That’s more than Geelong gave for Dangerfield or Cameron. It’s more than Port gave for JHF. It’s more than Freo gave for Luke Jackson.

Bolton is an excitement machine who can do anything. He’s also a pretty terrible kick.

Don’t get me wrong, he will be a great asset for Freo and we should drive a hard bargain, but we are not trading Dustin Martin circa 2017.

And the Crows & GWS were completely ripped off in those deals imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid is so f***ing overrated
I'm wondering if he was in a Tiger's jumper, would you be saying that. I see him in a similar light to Dusty, he is that generational player. I would love him at the Tige's. Is he cocky, does he have a huge ego, of course he does. I think that is what makes him the player that he is.

I’d rather 10 & 18 than just pick 25 or worse in 2 years time just to see him run around like a headless chook in spoon sides. That’s what you call rocks in your head.

It's obviously pick 18 - if we don't take that along with 10 & 11.

There's no way Melbourne trading a future 1st for 18 which will end up being 24-25.

It's pick 11.

Will be absolutely hilarious if Freo stuff this up and Bolton goes to West Coast. He's exactly what they're missing and stuffing this up will is the reason why will continue to never win a flag.

They really are happy being mediocre - Bolton will get them into a flag contention.

Wouldn't be surprised if we had actually floated to Freo that we'd be open to a future 1st as part of Bolton package.

Club had said they will also be looking to bolster next years hand and not going all in on 1 draft.

Freo offer 11, 30 & 66 to Melbourne for future 1st, 28 & 64.

Richmond get 10 & future 1st tied to Dees for Bolton.

Melbourne realise in April that their culture is actually stuffed and come out of denial when they find themselves bottom 6 with no first rounder... Tigers go into 2025 draft with 1&6.

Pick 25 is the compo for Jack Graham according to a inside info guy at Richmond on the tigercast

Said Richmond knows

That would be gold if true. This is what will happen.

We get to the Graham pick (wherever that falls) and multiple clubs are salivating at a handful of players remaining on the draft board - there’ll be really highly rated players still there.

We will hear the ‘ring a ding’ of the trade bell, and hear “Richmond has traded pick-25 for Freo’s pick-30 and a F2.”

Then it gets to pick-30 and ring-a-ding of the trade bell again “Richmond has traded pick-30 to Carlton for pick-34 and a F2”.

So Jack Graham turns into pick-34 and 2 x F2’s. Which in 2025 we then trade to GC in a point swap for their first pick of 2025 - pick 12.

So Graham turns into pick-12 of the 2025 draft.

This or something similar will happen on draft night - there is too much quality depth for clubs to miss out, and we’d already have taken half a dozen players we love and can afford to slide, but other clubs can’t.

2024 draft gonna be epic. Bookmark it !

My prediction:
Rioli and our future 3rd to GC for their Pick 6, 23 and future 2nd.

Freo will try to play hard ball but will relent in the end. They want established players for a flag and Bolton has the talent and x-factor to be the cream on top to win the games they need.

Bolton and pick 23 for their picks 10,11, 18.
Got strong mail that this is precisely what will happen

Freo will try to play hard ball but will relent in the end. They want established players for a flag and Bolton has the talent and x-factor to be the cream on top to win the games they need.

Bolton and pick 23 for their picks 10,11, 18.
Don't forget the dildo.

What’s with this obsession with us paying some of boltons salary if he moves.

We are not a benevolent association. And we don’t have to do it

We will get better picks in a trade if we pay some salary. It’s an absolute no-brainer given how much cap space we’d have.

Get 6 and 23 for Rioli and pay some salary, or get 6 alone and pay nothing. Your choice?

Get 10 and 11 for Bolton and pay salary, or get 10 and 18 and pay nothing. Your choice?

These clubs have to answer to their own supporters …. if they are seen to have overpaid for Bolton in draft capital, but are able to say “Richmond are paying some salary so it will enable us to retain our list (ie Brayshaw) and attract and pay for quality players in future (ie Warner)” their supporters will be much more forgiving.

We have literally nothing to lose by paying a chunk of salary for a couple of seasons given $5m+ is leaving our books this year alone., and Lynch’s contract ends next year and the salary cap goes through the roof next year. None of our current crop will miss out on being well paid, so it’s an absolute no-brainer to pay some of their salary to secure better draft capital.

We need to be bold and get ahead of the game on this.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back