List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728278216122.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
Fremantle will pay #10 + #11

They have an opportunity to actually win a flag and they have this missing piece in their team which is exactly what Shai Bolton is and they know it. Not only that but they need salary contribution with Shai Bolton on $1 million plus a year contracted for 4 years which will be extended to 5 years. 5 years is the important part as they is the exact time their window will remain open as their salary cap will be bursting in 3 years time once " This young team they are so proud of start demanding huge salary increases"

Blair knows exactly where this deal sits and will extract maximum draft capital Freo can pay as they know their draft picks are not that great #12 , #13 , #21 is the number these picks will be on draft night and thats why Walls has said there are 1st rounders then there are 1st rounder. They are not holding picks #3 , #4 & #10

The Games have began and i know we will all miss Shai Boltons magic for the next 7 years but we will be very well rewarded
I have no doubt Blair has told Walls we want all 3 of their 1st rounders before the conversation starts

We will end up with #10 + #11

10 and 11 and pay part of his contract?

Pay the vets they deserve it and maybe we bring a player or two in. TPP can work for us too apart from helping another club out
So you're saying that if Freo came to us and said well trade 10, 11 & 18 for Bolton, but we'd like you to pay 50% of his salary next 2 years, you'd want us to knock that back?

Wouldn't be shocked to find that Blair is driving the deals that see Fremantle looking for a future first so that we can spread our intake across multiple years.

Could see us going with something along the lines of

Baker for WCE 2024 & 2025 R2
Bolton for 10 and 2025 R1
Rioli for 6 & 23

That would give us 1, 6, 10, 23, 24, 26, 32, 42, 44, 50, 60, 69 & 75 in this draft to then go chasing pick swaps.

Would also see us with 2 x R1 & 2 x R2 heading in to 2025.

For me that puts us in a strong position for the next 2 years as far as the draft and trading goes.

In no way shape or form we should be paying part of the wages of Rioli and Bolton if these teams want them that bad they will take on their contracts I will be mighty pissed if we do that which can affect our cap when resigning the top draft picks that are coming in

Last edited:
because he is a gun, irreplaceable and Freo wants to commit grsnd theft auto and you are oblivious willing to throw away the keys
Bolton can do amazing things. It's worth going to the game even when I know we will lose just to watch him do some of the things he does.

I am a big fan of us paying Bolton and Rioli’s salarys to get a better deal. We are rebuilding and I want us to always be paying the full cap. By the time Shai’s contract rolls over FOS will be a $ million a year player.
Norf cannot pay the cap minimum. It’s a stupid position to find yourself in.

Yes but you do realise they actually have to pay these people with real money - not just cap space right?

Suns are not loaded with cash mate. They registered a statutory loss of $1.7m in 2023 alone, I dare say they have a few players that would likely be starting 18 for us that they would happily part with to save the cash/player cap.

You do realise i have been following footy a long time now? I am well aware that coaches don't count in your player cap yeah?

States he’s been following footy for a long time. Still doesn’t know how the AFL works. You do you buddy

I am a big fan of us paying Bolton and Rioli’s salarys to get a better deal. We are rebuilding and I want us to always be paying the full cap. By the time Shai’s contract rolls over FOS will be a $ million a year player.
I am a big fan of it too because the only "big contract" we really need to negotiate is Balta in the next few years. Gibcus is a maybe but I doubt any team will throw massive bucks at him unless he plays 2 full seasons in a row.

By doing this it means we can control the cap and not get caught having to pay mediocre players star wages. Then you end up like St kilda having to pay even more to get talent through the door.

Wouldn't be shocked to find that Blair is driving the deals that see Fremantle looking for a future first so that we can spread our intake across multiple years.

Could see us going with something along the lines of

Baker for WCE 2024 & 2025 R2
Bolton for 10 and 2025 R1
Rioli for 6 & 23

That would give us 1, 6, 10, 23, 24, 26, 32, 42, 44, 50, 60, 69 & 75 in this draft to then go chasing pick swaps.

Would also see us with 2 x R1 & 2 x R2 heading in to 2025.

For me that puts us in a strong position for the next 2 years as far as the draft and trading goes.
The deal is done for picks 10 & 11 coming our way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will munt if we don’t get 10,11 for Bolton

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
it ain't going to be 10 & 11 for Bolton alone. We need to be realistic. That values him at Pick 2-3.

Probably needs to be 10 & 11 for Bolton and F2, which puts him around the Pick 7 mark.

10 & 18 puts him at about Pick 4 - however we know F/S will push this back a little.

100%. You end up overpaying for spuds

So we will get 6 for rioli another pick under 25-30. which is ok imho. Baker 13 or whatever.

But for Sholton we should walk away and be prepared to hang onto him. The type of player that will bring us a first rounder in 2 years time. **** pick 10 and 11 from freo. Hello west coast 2026.
Risk is, with Bolton on surface value saying he is happy to stay is in fact not happy to stay, puts in a mediocre 2025 season, his value plummets. We miss an opportunity.

We need picks now. Bolton's a very good player however if you cash in, you do now. Otherwise he stays for the remainder of his contract and we take a bit longer rebuilding our list.

The deal sits somewhere between 10 & 11 and 10 & 18.....

I predict 6 & 23 for Rioli and a F3 (GC need points next year). IMO I’d take that deal and run given the strength of this draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That puts him around the Pick 4-5 mark. Would take that.

Pick 13 isn't even in the equation.

Brad Johnson just admitted that he's never seen any of Dusty's games.
Only thing I remember about Johnno is being Moorcrofts step ladder.

All in all, Johnno a good bloke, saw him Saturday morning Grand Final Day outside a the MCG, good chat, decent bloke.

Hasn't stopped smiling in 27 years.....

it ain't going to be 10 & 11 for Bolton alone. We need to be realistic. That values him at Pick 2-3.

Probably needs to be 10 & 11 for Bolton and F2, which puts him around the Pick 7 mark.

10 & 18 puts him at about Pick 4 - however we know F/S will push this back a little.

That’s just draft points which are irrelevant but Bolton is worth pick 2-3.

Risk is, with Bolton on surface value saying he is happy to stay is in fact not happy to stay, puts in a mediocre 2025 season, his value plummets. We miss an opportunity.

We need picks now. Bolton's a very good player however if you cash in, you do now. Otherwise he stays for the remainder of his contract and we take a bit longer rebuilding our list.

So we hold him for the next 4 years. Drop him if he’s no good and he gets less pay.

At the end of the day it’s what’s best for Richmond considering Bolton is contracted.

I’m also to the belief we’ll get 10 and 11. If Freo don’t pay up they’re really dumb. They have a very good list. They’ll risk drafting two players who are going to take a few years minimum and may not work out when they can get Bolton who will play his best footy.

Think we might find we are asking for all 3 to start.

That puts him around the Pick 4-5 mark. Would take that.

Pick 13 isn't even in the equation.

It should be in the equation.

Collingwood have offered their future first and Noble for picks 13, 23 & 29. That is a terrible offer yet they are apparently leading the way for pick 13.

We can offer picks 32, 42, 44 & 50.

GC can trade pick 29 and 32 to Brisbane for a future first. Sure it may look like this future first will not be as good as Collingwoods but who knows.

Picks 42, 44 & 50 add enough points to their other later picks that they can pretty much cover any bid on Lombard outside top 2.

There is also potential for us to trade them back into this draft for future picks something most other clubs won’t be willing to do without a premium.

Collingwood can take 23 for Noble and still make out like bandits for that spud.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back