List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
Yep, heard both of his speeches at the B&F, he was a poor representation of the professional sportsman.
Happy to let him go for 10 & 18, he will only get worse if he stays.

His mates in Narkle & D.Rioli are no longer in Melbourne, so he doesn't wants to stay.

lol, I had no issue with it as a footy player.

clearly you want him out of the club and a nun replacing him

Anyone get access to Herald Sun paywall? Probably just clickbaitView attachment 2135215
Richmond has begun talks on deals which will deliver the club an historic package of early draft picks to help turbocharge the Tigers’ rebuild.
The Tigers are preparing to secure a suite of eight early choices which could see Adem Yze’s men hold selections 1, 6, 10, 14, 18, 20 and 24 by the trade deadline next Wednesday night.

Richmond also secured pick 42 as free agency compensation for Jack Graham’s exit but that could be swept up in a swap with Brisbane to nab the Lions’ pick 20.

The Herald Sun revealed on Tuesday the Tigers had received an end-of-second round compensation pick for Graham’s move to West Coast on a four-year deal as an unrestricted free agent.

The Lions are eager to off-load pick 20 for a suite of later selections such as the Tigers’ cluster of second and third-round picks to help Brisbane bank points for father-son jet Levi Ashcroft and academy prospect Sam Marshall.

The Tigers will snare pick six (as a minimum) and 23 for Daniel Rioli (Gold Coast), pick 14 for Liam Baker (West Coast), and look set to land 10 and 18 for Shai Bolton (Fremantle).

The deals will put the Tigers in an extraordinary position to hand-pick its next wave of young stars in one hit although Richmond will look to trade at least one of the picks into next year.

List boss Blair Hartley has begun talks with the Suns, Dockers and Eagles on the deals which could trickle into next week as the finer details and lesser pick swaps are thrashed out.

The situation makes the Tigers’ premiership talent expert the busiest man in football over the next eight days as he looks to lay the foundation for the club’s next shot at a premiership.

But the Tigers’ dealings will also involve other clubs as well, as Melbourne is looking to trade a future pick with either Richmond or Fremantle to give the Demons another first-round choice.

The Demons already hold the number five selection after a dismal year on and off field.

Gold Coast is prepared to hand over pick six for best-and-fairest winner Rioli as part of an exchange which bears resemblance to Adelaide’s move on Izak Rankine for pick five two years ago.

The Suns could also look to involve pick 23 in a deal as the Suns prepare to send Jack Lukosius to Port Adelaide in exchange for the Power’s top selection next year.

The Dockers are well-placed to hand over 10 and 18 for Bolton who has shown tremendous upside but battled to produce his best form consistently in yellow and black.

Baker’s move to West Coast looks straightforward as the Eagles wait to receive pick 14 from Hawthorn for Tom Barrass and hand then on to Richmond for Baker.

The Eagles also want a secondary pick such as a future second-rounder to give up Barrass to Waverley where he is expected to help make the Hawks a top-four contender alongside departed Saints’ backman Josh Battle.

Barrass, who is regarded as one of the best defenders in the league, turned 29 on Tuesday.

While the Hawks are on the up, the departure of four of the Tigers’ best players will leave the club exposed on the field next year and the clear favourite for the wooden spoon.

WHO COULD THE TIGERS TAKE?​

PICK 1

WHO THEY COULD TAKE - Sam Lalor in among the top talents linked to Richmond, while No.1 pick contenders Jagga Smith, Finn O’Sullivan and Harvey Langford have all played for their VFL side.

PICK 6 AND 23 (VIA GOLD COAST)

WHO THEY COULD TAKE - Could 194cm bull Josh Smillie or fleet-footed South Australian Sid Draper still be on the board? Harry Armstrong is an option as the standout key forward in the crop, while bolter Alix Tauru, an athletic interceptor, has surged into top-10 calculations. Cooper Hynes, a forward is slated to go around the pick 23 range.

PICK 10 (VIA FREMANTLE)

WHO THEY COULD TAKE - Tobie Travaglia (pictured) draws similarities to Will Day with his ball-use, running capacity and versatility, but will he gone by this point? WA defender-midfielder Bo Allan is 191cm and has hops and agility, while Murphy Reid oozes class and is a goalkicking threat.

PICK 14, 18 (VIA HAWTHORN/WEST COAST AND FREMANTLE)

WHO THEY COULD TAKE - Some promising key forwards should be available at this range of the draft in 200cm prospect Jack Whitlock and marking tall Jobe Shanahan, who starred for Essendon’s VFL side. Tall defender Luke Tainor could also be around the mark, same goes with classy Morrish medallist Xavier Lindsay and goalsneak Joe Berry.

PICK 20 (VIA BRISBANE LIONS), 24

WHO THEY COULD TAKE - Creative forward-mid Jesse Dattoli has put himself into this range of the draft. Key forward Jonty Faull would appeal if they don’t pick up a key forward earlier. Cooper Hynes and Tom Gross can impact up forward or in the midfield and may both be on the board.

It will put the onus on key recruits Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper to carry a huge load in the midfield after joining the club at the end of 2022 to be part of a premiership push.
The Tigers gave up picks 12 and 19 for Taranto and a future first-rounder and pick 31 for Hopper.

Clubs are expected to make longshot plays for the two midfielders next year who both lobbed at Punt Rd on lucrative seven-year deals.

The pair have said they are committed to the Richmond rebuild but that faith could be tested if the losses mount next year.

Cheeky ****er. Reckon he posts under the user name Morro on here.
Yeah, we expensive

Im Worth It Season 10 GIF by The Big Bang Theory

I meant that if a trade doesn’t eventuate his investment in the side won’t be as it should because he obviously wants to be back west and probably looking to make the trade next season anyway

Not saying he has a bad attitude now although his on field discipline has always been a bit of an issue but that’s besides the point
Onfield discipline has always been a bit of an issue? I call crap again. Nothing backs this up. Just your opinion. I also do not see Shai’s value dropping as he’s still young enough. However if it does we keep him. He’s the only quality player we have left that is young enough to still be around once we improve. Just because a player is denied his want to leave, it doesn’t mean he won’t perform. Look at papley as an example. Use facts or state it’s your opinion.

Onfield discipline has always been a bit of an issue? I call crap again. Nothing backs this up. Just your opinion. I also do not see Shai’s value dropping as he’s still young enough. However if it does we keep him. He’s the only quality player we have left that is young enough to still be around once we improve. Just because a player is denied his want to leave, it doesn’t mean he won’t perform. Look at papley as an example. Use facts or state it’s your opinion.
Bolton has been a serial offender for giving away un needed 50m penalties for a very long time

I’m sure even the biggest Bolton fans who watch all of our games would agree

How's the manipulative language:

The Dockers are well-placed to hand over 10 and 18 for Bolton who has shown tremendous upside but battled to produce his best form consistently in yellow and black.
Not, 'two-time premiership star Bolton, who was one of Richmond's best players throughout the 2020 season but especially in the finals and even more so in the grand final, and who's 5th-placed finish in this year's Jack Dyer Medal was his lowest in five years'. No. He's 'shown tremendous upside but battled to produce his best form consistently'.

And with 10 and 18 the price the media has decided is fair and reasonable, all that remains is for

List boss Blair Hartley has begun talks with the Suns, Dockers and Eagles on the deals which could trickle into next week as the finer details and lesser pick swaps are thrashed out.

Just some minor details and lesser pick swaps. We've decided what the guts of the deal is, so Richmond better not disagree or we'll label them difficult.

Weasel words.

Jay Clark is most definitely, 100%, a born and bred shiteater.

As I understand it with Shai, it is that they have another child due that makes getting back to Perth with extended family around them important. Shai will play and play well, as long as his partner is well supported. Anyone with kids will get this 100%.

As I understand it with Shai, it is that they have another child due that makes getting back to Perth with extended family around them important. Shai will play and play well, as long as his partner is well supported. Anyone with kids will get this 100%.
The extended family part is important, however, I couldn't wait to get as far away as possible and as quick possible from my toxic bitch of a Mother-in-law

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're now ranked 17th for experience in terms of average games played at 68.1 which will drop even more after the departures of Baker Bolton & Rioli

Its amazing how anyone thinks Twomey has credibility, he's a mouthpiece employed by the AFL just like Barrett.

Come on now... someone has to do his job and l think he's far more palatable than many others making a living off trade rumours and crystal balling. Imagine being left in the hands of Cooney, Cornes, JJ, Barratt or others.

Listening to those two knobs again... caller asks whether Bailey-Smith could end up at Richmond via preseason draft if a deal doesn't go through with Geelong.

Tom (Morris)?: "Likely Bailey-Smith's manager, who is a very strong character, will make it clear to the other 14 clubs before Geelong's pick that he doesn't want to play for you."
Dan Hannerbury: "You'd hope that would be the case, and that he'd get to where he needs to be going."

Yeah, you'd hope that Bailey-Smith can get to the cats via the PSD even if Geelong can't stump up a decent pick for him.

Fyuk ffo
Says it all about trade radio.
You pay peanuts you get 🐒 s

Bolton has been a serial offender for giving away un needed 50m penalties for a very long time

He has been fantastic, when has he cost us a premiership???

I’ll concede on this 50m. You backed it with fact.

I’ll concede on this 50m. You backed it with fact.
Don’t get me wrong I absolutely rate Bolton and would prefer he stays in a perfect world

But from what I have heard his reasonings for wanting to move back west are very genuine and not something that the club could probably fix so the issue’s won’t go away nor the reasoning behind he wanting a trade so it’s just going to be the same story next year if a trade isn’t worked out

Think it’s best to rip the bandaid off now especially with the gains we can make with this specific draft

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back