List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
Different types of half back. Houston will cut you open with precision kicking. Rioli will cut you open with speed.

Depends on how a club wants to play.
You'd love both.

The real final values involved in the Cameron trade was

From Geelong: Picks 15, 18, 25, 60 = 2,999 points

From GWS: Picks 32, 35 = 1,106 points

1,893 points total. This is closest to the value of pick 5. Cameron was 2 years older than Bolton is now, and was an out of contract Free Agent who GWS had matched the contract offer on.

The picks now at 10 and 18 will ultimately be taken at around 12 and 21 in the draft, making them worth around 2,150 points, and will probably end up closest in value to pick 4.

Bolton is a higher rating player, a better player, a younger player and a contracted player. All Cameron can do better than other players is kick uncontested goals. Bolton can kick contested goals, and win centre clearances on the burst, probably the two most valuable things you can do in a game of footy.
Bolton does all those things, I saw him play centre first 3 centre bounces vs Hawthorn's very good midfield and he didn't win any. rotated out.

Bolton can win flags but he had an average year 2024 and delivered us the spoon. Cameron was very good at GWS, probably better in Geelong. 31y.o. still played every game. And for his size,196, runs like a winger. ~ makes it hard to match up.

We could not replace Jack R, or Lynch effectively. Fwd lines with Pickett, KMac, Miller, Dusty, Bolton, MRJ, Coulthard, Lefau, Kosi, Bauer, 4 games of Lynch wrecked 2 seasons.

JC delivered them a flag. That's the aim of the game. Can Bolton lift Freo up the ladder. He doesn't miss much footy.
either.

I see the RFC games vs Freo. Their KPFs were good. They only just missed the 8. Lost the last 4 in a row. Is a heavily contracted, very expensive Bolton a need?

save their some draft picks & money for Warner?

The real final values involved in the Cameron trade was

From Geelong: Picks 15, 18, 25, 60 = 2,999 points

From GWS: Picks 32, 35 = 1,106 points

1,893 points total. This is closest to the value of pick 5. Cameron was 2 years older than Bolton is now, and was an out of contract Free Agent who GWS had matched the contract offer on.

The picks now at 10 and 18 will ultimately be taken at around 12 and 21 in the draft, making them worth around 2,150 points, and will probably end up closest in value to pick 4.

Bolton is a higher rating player, a better player, a younger player and a contracted player. All Cameron can do better than other players is kick uncontested goals. Bolton can kick contested goals, and win centre clearances on the burst, probably the two most valuable things you can do in a game of footy.

No one loves Shai more than me.

But there is no way Shai was as important to our flags, as Cameron was to the catters

Sorry mate, you are dead wrong on this one

But there is no way Shai was as important to our flags, as Cameron was to the catters

I won't miss seeing Shai bung a 20 metre shot at goal that saps the morale of his team

But then again, why do I have the feeling 'he'll kick like 50 goals 17 next year

I won't miss seeing Shai bung a 20 metre shot at goal that saps the morale of his team

But then again, why do I have the feeling 'he'll kick like 50 goals 17 next year
At least we will be able to cry ourselves to sleep watching FOS and Lalor highlights

I am convinced that at worst Shai will make the AA squad of 40 should he move to Freo.

It's that crappy situation where with us he will just play at the same level he did this year, good but not great, but he will really come into his own in a better side like Freo.

No matter what we get in return, the media will be laughing at us next year saying 'how could they let him go' when he starts killing it....the same media people who are currently canning us for wanting what he's worth. Campaigners.

I am convinced that at worst Shai will make the AA squad of 40 should he move to Freo.

It's that crappy situation where with us he will just play at the same level he did this year, good but not great, but he will really come into his own in a better side like Freo.

No matter what we get in return, the media will be laughing at us next year saying 'how could they let him go' when he starts killing it....the same media people who are currently canning us for wanting what he's worth. Campaigners.
We are despised.

Barrett and Cornes lead the charge, absolutely loathed.

It's great to hated again

All our players are overrated in Richmond colours, underrated in opposition future scenarios

Taranto was a superstar until he played one game and made one mistake for Richmond

f51f931b1fdb0cfc71ae21df4f54f4c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Both from Bendigo? Wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are being softened by the meda.

6 & 13 and nothing going back, and GCS are making out like bandits for Rioli.

If you tap-up a top-5, long-term contracted player, get ready to pay up, or you lose all credibility.

That's our terms, if you believe the reports. so if GCS want their finals campaign, make it happen, else Tiges wth Rioli look forward to passing GCS on our way up in a couple of years, and their on wasted way down mark II (or III?).

I just base it off precedent of what clubs would be willing to give up in a trade for a 28yo flanker who has never made AA. I understand we can say give us 6 and 13 or 6 and 23 or deal is off. I get that. It won’t happen.

We won’t be offered those deals, and there’s not a chance we will reject pick-6 on its own and have Rioli play for us in 2025.

Lalor, Draper or Smilie when in a full rebuild…. or 28yo Rioli.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again … what would we think if GC gave up pick-6 and pick-23 for Bailey Dale…..🤣🤣🤣

Thats BS, Cameron way more than Bolton. You can build a team around Cameron, he can hold the fwd line and is a match winner.

Bolton zero on all the above, lets get serious !!!

You think you can build a team around a receiver that gets less than 5 contested possessions per game? And less than 1 contested mark per game? And who averages 3.2 goals + assists in home and away matches but this drops to 2.5 goals + assists in finals? And drops further to 2.3 goals + assists in preliminary and Grand Finals? Who smashes weak opponents, but cannot even get his head above water against the best teams when it matters most.

Nobody is building a team around that. Cameron is an efficient converter when he can get easy ball, that is it. In home and away matches he has kicked 615 goals & 342 behinds. In finals where easy ball is in shorter supply, he has scored 33 goals and 31 behinds.

If you are talking about who is of most value towards your team winning the boggest games v the best opponents, Jeremy "Best Player in the Game Right Now" Cameron would have to be amongst the most over-rated players in the 128 year history of the competition.

Lombard is part of that top 4 group for mine, easy worthy of pick 1 bid.

I doubt we do it, but it’s another nice piece of leverage we have on GC, as if they lose their top 3 picks they’ll be short 1000+ points on a first pick bid. It’s an automatic 400 point saving for a bid at pick 2 that we can hand them.

In fact they go into deficit any pick before 8. Not ideal when you’ve got 2 x top 10picks next year too.

Correct me if Im wrong but by not bidding on Lombard this year and assuming we finish last again Uwland next year that would be a saving of roughly 1200/1300 points which is the equivalent of pick 11-13. Which given the points value of first rounders next year will increase and the discount will be less that could be closer to pick 8.

They have a lot of incentive to give us a deal on our terms given we can easily wipe any advantage they gain by dealing pick 13 to other clubs.

You think you can build a team around a receiver that gets less than 5 contested possessions per game? And less than 1 contested mark per game? And who averages 3.2 goals + assists in home and away matches but this drops to 2.5 goals + assists in finals? And drops further to 2.3 goals + assists in preliminary and Grand Finals? Who smashes weak opponents, but cannot even get his head above water against the best teams when it matters most.

Nobody is building a team around that. Cameron is an efficient converter when he can get easy ball, that is it. In home and away matches he has kicked 615 goals & 342 behinds. In finals where easy ball is in shorter supply, he has scored 33 goals and 31 behinds.

If you are talking about who is of most value towards your team winning the boggest games v the best opponents, Jeremy "Best Player in the Game Right Now" Cameron would have to be amongst the most over-rated players in the 128 year history of the competition.
Sorry mate, I love Shai but he does not compare.
Both against the wall, who do you pick 1st - Cameron every time.

We are biased for just as much they are biased against.

Just asking how does Cameron compare to Lynch??

PS: don't bring up Jack, he was a unicorn, we got lucky with Jack & we pushed down the order to get Polak ! Balls !!!

I just base it off precedent of what clubs would be willing to give up in a trade for a 28yo flanker who has never made AA. I understand we can say give us 6 and 13 or 6 and 23 or deal is off. I get that. It won’t happen.

We won’t be offered those deals, and there’s not a chance we will reject pick-6 on its own and have Rioli play for us in 2025.

Lalor, Draper or Smilie when in a full rebuild…. or 28yo Rioli.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again … what would we think if GC gave up pick-6 and pick-23 for Bailey Dale…..🤣🤣🤣

Thats not the deal though. The deal is Rioli and Lombard for pick 6, 13/23. They can either pay a premium for both or pay a premium for Rioli and get Lombard at a much cheaper price.

the most important factor in the scats flag was stephen shockings rule change

I'm telling you, that harder surface out west, that little extra purchase, Shai will break defenders ankles instead of slipping over every 5 min at the MCG.

I have no doubt his stats improve next year, he will be a better player over there.

frustrating player even when we were good

cant kick for shite

Bolton does all those things, I saw him play centre first 3 centre bounces vs Hawthorn's very good midfield and he didn't win any. rotated out.

Bolton can win flags but he had an average year 2024 and delivered us the spoon. Cameron was very good at GWS, probably better in Geelong. 31y.o. still played every game. And for his size,196, runs like a winger. ~ makes it hard to match up.

We could not replace Jack R, or Lynch effectively. Fwd lines with Pickett, KMac, Miller, Dusty, Bolton, MRJ, Coulthard, Lefau, Kosi, Bauer, 4 games of Lynch wrecked 2 seasons.

JC delivered them a flag. That's the aim of the game. Can Bolton lift Freo up the ladder. He doesn't miss much footy.
either.

I see the RFC games vs Freo. Their KPFs were good. They only just missed the 8. Lost the last 4 in a row. Is a heavily contracted, very expensive Bolton a need?

save their some draft picks & money for Warner?

Cameron didn't deliver Geelong a flag, that is utterly laughable. He got 1 coaches vote in 3 finals the year they won the flag. He has a total of 4 coaches votes in 8 finals since moving to Geelong. 3 of those were in the rout v Port Adelaide this year. His finals player ratings at Geelong average around 10.0. This is barely more than an average player rating across 22 players. In fact it is about average.

He is not a key forward's bootlace, and isn't transforming any team. He is just a good receiver and converter who runs out of options if the opposition has a tallish player who can run with him. He is a contested fairy.

Bolton is a hellish match-up. In 2022 and 2023 he was the ranked AFL#2 & AFL#1 of players designated as forwards. Cameron has never once ranked in the top 2. The trade will no doubt happen, and what we will see is Bolton will carve teams to shreds, but won't rely on a whole team being set up to feed him easy balls to do it. He will consistently win critical contests. Something Jeremy Cameron very rarely does.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back