Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I don’t get the whole “Bolton is too inconsistent” narrative. Show me a small forward that pinch hits in the midfield that doesn’t have a few quiet games? Especially in a team that won 2 games for the entire season. For those not familiar with the site footywire, you can go on there and literally compare players stats and I can tell you now Boltons season statistically is very much on par with other blokes that play the same position yet a couple of them are going to be All Australians this year because they’re in good teams. I speak of Moore, Stengle, Papley, Rankine, Daniels, Cameron, Pickett, Hill. In fact for all the negative press shai has received this year, if he was a better shot on goal he should probably still have kicked 45-50 goals and still been AA himself.

Rankine is probably the only one with the same ceiling as Bolton. We thought we were going to get closer to it over the last couple of seasons but our team has been so bad. He potentially becomes that top tier player at Freo next year which really sucks for us. He could kick 60+ or average 20/2 in a decent team.

Why aren't we making a play for Bailey Smith?

Rankine is probably the only one with the same ceiling as Bolton. We thought we were going to get closer to it over the last couple of seasons but our team has been so bad. He potentially becomes that top tier player at Freo next year which really sucks for us. He could kick 60+ or average 20/2 in a decent team.
Absolutely, if Bolton was playing for freo this season, they make top 4 for mine. The bloke is a star, but unfortunately for us, he’s not the guy that can put the whole team on the back and say come with me boys, he’s just not physically equipped to be that guy. He was never becoming our next Dusty like some had hoped and the media peddled.

The big one will be what level salary support we provide for Bolton as it could really help you guys once that window opens (which should be next year).

I’m curious about the Brodie situation. Is he on decent coin for the next two years and do you want him off the books? I’m not really interested in him as a player but we could potentially provide salary dumping services. He might even get a few games helping the kids develop.
Brodie is believed to be on the AFL average wage of around $440K. I think he'd be a very handy addition to Richmod. Most Freo supporters think he deserved games ahead of Fyfe at times this year. I've watched him play for Peel and he's dominated. He'll definitely be near the top in the Sandover medal.

BJ Hardwick (Dimma's son) has just told one of his footy coaches that Rioli is going to request a trade to GC. I know the coach but not the son. It fits with everything we've been told.
Dumma the Dirty Dog

Hes only 23 and with good management he's got 10 years ahead of him. I'd hate to see him go to Geelong for nothing. Hes a gun.
If cheap, then yes but lets be honest, why would he want to come to us? Unless the club has an idea of the problems that have occurred with our injuries, you would have to think that Richmond looks like
  • At the bottom for many years before Finals becomes a possibility
  • Tarranto + Hopper is a big issue for players that want to join to play in the midfield.
  • Club has a huge amount of injuries and coming of an ACL, you would be careful to not lose another year of money.
  • Richmond is a huge club that gets a lot of media attention and you wouldn't want that when the club is on the down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing with Cadman is we weren’t in a position to make a trade possible

Thats not the case now, retirements have opened a ton cap space and the likely departure of Rioli and Bolton and banking 3 top 10 picks

We can go for him real aggressively

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And Dan in a GC jumper
Dan would have too much class for that.

Bolton on the other hand spruiking his WA sponsors before he'd even got his sweaty jocks off on Saturday, I wouldn't put it past him :D

Genuine question, was this before or after his injury was miss managed?

the management of his injury sounds like the catalyst (a few players haven't been happy with how they were managed with injuries from what I have heard), however if we address that part of the club I tend to agree with you.

if we don't, well anything is possible.
After. From what I've heard, we bought some goodwill on the promise we will overhaul the fitness department. Meehan going is the first domino. And don't believe he left on his own accord, it was pack 'em Meehan.

Blues would need to throw more in than that, and with the 2 x F/S boys coming through, they need their picks
I reckon McKay would hold alot more value to the Dees than Petracca to the blues based on list profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back