Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was not. He ran around like a headless chicken. Half the time he somehow managed to be playing on no one. He ran off to be the 4th up in pack and left Chol standing in the goal square.

He’s a seriously bad footballer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looked too slow for mine! Need to find another tall back cause outside Balta and hopefully Gibcus if he can get a fair crack at it we have nothing else worthy on our list!

Stopped reading at possibly getting Stringer comments and turning him into a midfield bull. I should’ve got out of here when Lakoscious was mentioned and I would’ve avoided the Stringer shit. I’ll come back here when the trades start to happen as people are getting silly in here .

Last edited:
Looked too slow for mine! Need to find another tall back cause outside Balta and hopefully Gibcus if he can get a fair crack at it we have nothing else worthy on our list!

Be good to get him to do an AFL pre-season. Looked OK against Curnow & McKay in game 1. We should have just played him all year to see what he had. Couldn't be worse than Miller's late season form.

How does it work with picks and open list spots?

Say we're giving Brisbane picks 39,41,47,57 for pick 14, do they have to have all those list spots open on draft night?

If so, does that mean we only do the trade on draft night so we need to keep those list spots open to live trade with Brisbane?

Say we're giving Brisbane picks 39,41,47,57 for pick 14, do they have to have all those list spots open on draft night?

If so, does that mean we only do the trade on draft night so we need to keep those list spots open to live trade with Brisbane?
Could be mistaken but I think that they can only carry in as many picks as you have open list spots

Thought it was one of the loopholes they tried to close a few years back but maybe I’ve got my wires crossed

Don't think so, Lions in 2022 gave up 5 picks 34,35,38,40 & 41 to secure Ashcroft at pick 2. They still had the equivalent of pick 45 left which ended up being pick 41 after all the pick changes.

I don't believe they had 5 free spots open in draft night but I could be wrong. Not sure it matters with us as we already have about 8 spots free even without any delistings.

Last edited:
Don't think so, Lions in 2022 gave up 5 picks 34,35,38,40 & 41 to secure Ashcroft at pick 2. They still have the equivalent of pick 45 left which ended up being pick 41 after all the pick changes.

I don't believe they had 5 free spots open in draft night but I could be wrong. Not sure it matters with us as we already have about 8 spots free even without any delistings.
Yeh I thought you had to have list spots open so was wondering if we did that trade
1/ before draft night... does that mean Brisbane needs the spots open?
Or
2/do it on draft night, we take the open spots in and do the trade with Brisbane live as we've got plenty of space on our list.

I think it's a critical pick to get because it could be potentially used with 6 to get pick 2 from north or if we ended up giving something like 6 and 10 for pick 2 (massive overs IMO) then at least we have a pick back in the early teens for a Shanahan/Armstrong/Whitlock

Prefer picks 1,2,9,10,12,21,29 over

Last edited:
This place would blow up if we got 2 first rounders for Rioli. I'm not sure oppo fans could handle it.
I think 2 picks is the minimum. Not all first rounders are guaranteed to work, so from the 2 hopefully 1 works. To me since he is contracted we need overs, so 3 picks. One will work, one won't, and one maybe a b grader. Pay up GC!

And if he stays they can at over next year when he has a cracker if a year and theyGC miss finals again!

“We’ll see what transpires post-season but I think there’s an opportunity to set up our next premiership in the next two years." That's the words of Brendan gale.

I think the strategy is as many good picks as possible in this good draft. Get development and strength and conditioning right next year so senior players stay on the park, but we probably get another top pick + free agents given our salary cap space as lynch contract ends, and in 2026 our big young crop rise! Premiership by 2030!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fear no man but Short being contracted until 2027… it scares me.
He will be fine once he returns to his preferred role. He has looked completely out of sorts since Dan Rioli was sent into that backline sweeper position. I think Short will benefit mightily from a lot of the changes.

He will be fine once he returns to his preferred role. He has looked completely out of sorts since Dan Rioli was sent into that backline sweeper position. I think Short will benefit mightily from a lot of the changes.
No Lynch or any key forward of note completely destroys Shorty’s game. His one job is to rebound and drive the ball long but of course he’s kicking it to an interceptor because he has no one to make a contest out of it

Morro well respected like our pick 1, won’t be going anywhere lol.

I Love You Bro My Guy GIF by The Bear

I view him more as a pick 8, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls type operator myself.

shut up campaigner

No Lynch or any key forward of note completely destroys Shorty’s game. His one job is to rebound and drive the ball long but of course he’s kicking it to an interceptor because he has no one to make a contest out of it
Fingers crossed, but a combination of more freedom of action (Rioli moving on) and Lynch, Lefau and/or Balta in the forward line (facilitated by Gibcus returning to full back) may see Short back to somewhere near his best of four years ago.

I know a lot has to go right but, given what's happened over the past six months, I think we're due a little luck.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed, but a combination of more freedom of action (Rioli moving on) and Lynch, Lefau and/or Balta in the forward line (Gibcus returning) may see Short back to somewhere near his best of four years ago.

I know a lot has to go right but, given what's happened over the past six months, I think we're due a little luck.
That would be great, losing rioli then means short has his preferred position so out back 6 overall is possibly even improved. I think we will finish low next year but will make better use of our senior players and let the juniors develop.

The draft sounds strong until over 40, are there whispers of any other of our players wanting out to bring us another pick?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back