Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blight level of intercepts marking displays that he has a natural talent that is sadly missing in the Richmond Side - How often do we see the ball kicked from the backline only to return like a Boomerang - not tanking - why was Blight in the matches that you talked about placed on the oppositions main forward - absolutely cruicified - potential to be a far better player than Gibiscus - forward option ?

He was not. He ran around like a headless chicken. Half the time he somehow managed to be playing on no one. He ran off to be the 4th up in pack and left Chol standing in the goal square.

He’s a seriously bad footballer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just that Freo would be stupid to recruit both.
Need to retain talent like Frederick.
Would just recruit Bolton for sure.
I disagree. Bolton and Kozzie interchanging would take the absolute piss. Massive opportunity for Freo here. They already have the best young midfield and a great defence.

He was not. He ran around like a headless chicken. Half the time he somehow managed to be playing on no one. He ran off to be the 4th up in pack and left Chol standing in the goal square.

Do you think an understanding of system and more experience with his teammates would help?

You thought this season was bad.. wait till next year

I don’t think it will be as bad. This year was the perfect storm. We’ll see improvement from players we didn’t see coming next year. We’ll add some young guns and the enthusiasm will be back at punt road.

i can see us getting geelongs first round pick next year between 12 and 18 { our pick 20 in 2024 draft }
i can see us getting hawthorns first round pick next year between 12 and 18{ our pick 21 in 2024 draft}
i can see us getting west coasts second round pick next year between 18 -24 { traded as part of bolton and freo trade }

we get pick 1 --15--16--19--22 in nexr years draft

Last edited:
If Freo are to get both they will need to off load a player that brings in another 2nd rounder

#11 + #12 + #18 for Bolton with $600k x 3 years salary
#25 + F1 is not going to be enough for Pickett and melbourne wont pay anything of his salary
Fre will need to get #25 down to 15/16
Wonder if we can come into this deal and ask for Pick 5 from Melbourne as part of it. IDK how it'd work, but I really want Pick 5 so we can put GC in a chokehold re: Lombard. We shouldn't bid on him at 1. We absolutely could at 5. Force them to give us 6 for Rioli.

Either way a big year for the kid. Pick 3 not long ago to now signing a 1 year deal at a bottom club only few years later.

Could still yoink him next year when the draft pool isn't as good. I'm OK with this.

I don’t think it will be as bad. This year was the perfect storm. We’ll see improvement from players we didn’t see coming next year. We’ll add some young guns and the enthusiasm will be back at punt road.
i agree episode 2 GIF by Star Wars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ve based that on 3 games? Were you not around to watch Broad’s first few games? Or Rance’s? Or Astbury’s as a defender? Truly diabolical first few games as defenders.

Anyone who can have 17 intercepts with 11 intercept marks … even at VFL level … has some serious ability. I hope it translates to AFL, but I won’t be writing off a hulking defender taken in the mid-season draft after 3 games.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

West Coast easily could. Having said that, I'd want to finish 17th or 18th next year.
Yeah their defence could suck but you'd think Waterman, Allan, Reid, Ryan etc would kick enough goals to keep them off the bottom while we are playing Kozi & Samson lol

It would be stupid for Freo to recruit both Bolton and Pickett, they both play in similar positions as small forwards.
Bolton has demonstrated that he can play midfield ,clearances , score involves in elite co, kozi accumulates like a small forward 12p a game , tis a bloody good one tho , I’d pic him no1 for that role alone

Either way a big year for the kid. Pick 3 not long ago to now signing a 1 year deal at a bottom club only few years later.

Just goes to show, can have all the early picks in the world, doesn’t mean shit.

Wonder if we can come into this deal and ask for Pick 5 from Melbourne as part of it. IDK how it'd work, but I really want Pick 5 so we can put GC in a chokehold re: Lombard. We shouldn't bid on him at 1. We absolutely could at 5. Force them to give us 6 for Rioli.
#7 for Rioli is done its the #15 we are haggling over as the steak knives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back