Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Blight but what is he expecting? 5 year million dollar deal?
I thought it was just great confidence, but he is pretty happy with himself and thinks we should have given him more of a go.

I thought it was just great confidence, but he is pretty happy with himself and thinks we should have given him more of a go.
I would've thought just being picked up would be like winning the lottery to these blokes, pocket any games you get the second half and focus on pre-season and the year beyond. Just bizarre you'd place that much weight on immediately playing every game.

Blight is a good mark but a liability when the ball hits the ground. Still he is 100x better than Miller
Second half of the year Miller absolutely. First half Miller basically carried our backline and did a pretty solid job. Something happened to him around the mid season mark, completely fell apart.

Jordan Croft​

Some team will snaffle him nothing surer. Naughton, JUH and Darcy all signed and Naughton the oldest still only 24yo and got 8 years to run on his contract. Have heard Croft started season down back and was thrown around a bit like Balta but finished the season strong kicking 10.4 in his last 5 games,. He still needs to bulk up more but short of season ending injuries is no chance to crack their forward line. Pick 15 club should get in his ear and try poach him before he extends.

Draft Profile:
Height: 200cm
Weight: 81kg
D.O.B: 12-05-2005
Leagues: AFL U18 Championships, Coates Talent League Boys
  • SNAPSHOT​

• ANALYSIS​

• SUMMARY​

SNAPSHOT: “An athletic tall who moves well and attacks the aerial ball hard, Jordan Croft offers enormous upside at 200cm.”
Yet another key position prospect attached to the Western Bulldogs through the draft, Jordan Croft has officially nominated to end up there under the father-son rule. His father Matthew played 186 games in red, white and blue, and Jordan is poised to join a stacked list of club tied talent to have been recruited to Whitten Oval in recent years. The rangy, athletic 200cm forward has developed nicely in his top-age year to enter first round contention, projecting as a top 15 selection on account of his considerable upside.
Croft showed potential in nine bottom-aged outings with Calder Cannons last season, booting a goal per game from an average 6.7 disposals and 2.4 marks. His output lifted in 2023, where he tallied 23 Coates Talent League majors in 11 appearances and also represented Vic Metro. Among his standout performances, Croft booted four goals in a Metro trial against the Young Guns, before snaring three against South Australia once the National Championships rolled around. His best tally for Calder was a bag of five in the Cannons’ 173-point win over Northern Territory. Team of the Year honours came his way after a terrific campaign with the Cannons, and Croft also helped guide Maribyrnong College to the Herald Sun Shield final.

Second half of the year Miller absolutely. First half Miller basically carried our backline and did a pretty solid job. Something happened to him around the mid season mark, completely fell apart.

Could say that about most of the team though bar Rioli, Hugo and Vlastuin.

I’d back Miller to recapture his form next year with hopefully Balta down there full time

That’s true, was the big improver for us early part of the season.
It’s a concern though that a player that’s been in the system for 8 years can go downhill that quickly. It didn’t look to be a physical thing, so obviously it’s mental. I mean he was being pushed aside in one on ones in the goal square by medium forwards last couple of games. Looked timid in his approach at times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Money talks. We’ve got a lot to spend.

Restructuring Shai’s contract to $6M over 5 years rather than $3.2M over 4 years he’s currently on would smooth out a lot of emotional wrinkles.

That said, I believe Freo will pony up and satisfy our list managers.
They know they're a Bolton away from top 4 next year.

Hey I’m from the wce board. For starters I believe wce shouldn’t give up a first rounder for baker I think it should be an early second rounder. That’s not why I’m here. I would like to know what west coast will have to give up to get blight. Package deal with baker, player swap or we give u a late pick eg 59. I believe he would be great at our club and he ain’t really playing at the tigers that much.
Straight swap with Reid should be sufficient

So what's the issue with Blight? Not happy at Richmond? If so, then why? What's happened?

I think we should have given him more of a go as well. We had Kosi and Ryan playing as our marking forwards in half a dozen games. Surely we should have given Blight a try. The kid can mark the ball which puts him ahead of the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back