Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely if we ended up with that you’re bundling a few picks for next years draft.

Take 1,6,9 10, 15 this year then bundle

17 & 20
21 & 22

And get some future picks for next years draft.
I think so. Might even try straight swap them all and see if we can predict which teams may think they're going to go well but we think may go worse than those picks. Dees, Pies, Cats, whoever wins the flag would have to be options. Even the Dogs are more than capable of shitting the bed any given year under Bevo lol

Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals
Cheers campaigner

IMB_aXGxgO.gif

Surely if we ended up with that you’re bundling a few picks for next years draft.

Take 1,6,9 10, 15 this year then bundle

17 & 20
21 & 22

And get some future picks for next years draft.
Isnt two years ahead draft picks in line to be introduced this period. If we get a haul like that, then spread them over next two future drafts, then we have sustainable rebuild quality picks (doesnt mean though players picked will be any good, just is exciting lol)

Shouldn't be that hard to find the list spots:

Grimes, Naismith, Martin, D.Rioli, Baker, Graham, Bolton, Cumberland, Coulthard, Dow

Then you've got McIntosh and Pickett who are probably on the fringe.

+ rumours of Steely heading west and MRJ joining Dan on the GC.
nope

Has anyone actually heard any definitive reports that Shai, Bakes & Daniel want to go or is it all innuendo/click bate still?

Looking forward to hearing from those with RELIABLE sources who are able to give the rest of us more insight into the situation?

I wonder if it all plays out like this;

Trade 1

Fremantle get: Bolton + Baker

Richmond receive: 7, 12, 16, 25

Trade 2

GC get: Dan Rioli

Richmond receive: 11, 20

We could maybe even get pick 6 instead of 11 from the suns for Rioli if we pay a lot of his salary and threaten to bid on lombard etc

Trade 3

Lions get: 36, 39, 41, 54, 57, 63 (1874 points)

Richmond receive: 17 (1025 points)

Richmond draft hand: 1, 7, 11, 12, 16, 17, 20, 21, 25

Last edited:

Trade 1

Trade 2

We could maybe even get pick 6 instead of 11 from the suns for Rioli if we pay a lot of his salary and threaten to bid on lombard etc

Trade 3

Richmond draft hand: 1, 7, 11, 12, 16, 20, 21, 25
That seems like too many points to give Brissy. How much is 36 or 39 worth. Might be able to hold onto one of them.

That seems like too many points to give Brissy. How much is 36 or 39 worth. Might be able to hold onto one of them.
The only way to make it attractive to brisbane is to overpay, they'll need points to match Ashcroft (top 5) and Marshall (top 25), and with the amount of picks we could have I don't think we will be too precious about picks in the mid 30's

The only way to make it attractive to brisbane is to overpay, they'll need points to match Ashcroft (top 5) and Marshall (top 25), and with the amount of picks we could have I don't think we will be too precious about picks in the mid 30's
Don't think teams usually pay double. Thought it was usually 30 or 40%.

May as well start hoping they shit the bed from here 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Rioli, Bolton, Baker and Graham all leave this year we're going to have about $3mill in cap space become free. That's a hell of a spending spree during next years free agency window, plus could use it next year to pay off a big chunk of Hopper and Tarantos deals and front-end Baltas new contract to really set us up for the mdium to long term.
Seems silly
The money we would be spending on free agency would just be paying overs to replace the players that we are trading out this year

All just to gamble on the draft when we are already in a very strong position draft wise

First round picks aren’t the be all and end all, look at Essendon
They have the most amount of first round picks in the league and they are a mediocre side

Don't think teams usually pay double. Thought it was usually 30 or 40%.

May as well start hoping they shit the bed from here 😆
This ****ing tight arse. Just have all the picks then ya grub ffs

Seems silly
The money we would be spending on free agency would just be paying overs to replace the players that we are trading out this year

All just to gamble on the draft when we are already in a very strong position draft wise

First round picks aren’t the be all and end all, look at Essendon
They have the most amount of first round picks in the league and they are a mediocre side
Sure, if you ignore the 5 first round draft picks that come in as well.

Essendon loaded up on soft players in a weak draft with Cox, Reid and Perkins.

This year and next year is our big chance to set up our list with a few stars. I'm all for Bolton and Baker going. If Rioli wants only out he can go too. Set up this years and next years draft. Baker for me is replaceable , Bolton is a star but at this point of time doesn't suit us we're we a at. Rioli again if wants out at 28 do the deal.

Trade 1

Trade 2

Trade 3

Richmond draft hand: 1, 7, 11, 12, 16, 20, 21, 25
We're do I sign. Only thing is I want to bank something for the draft in 2025. Go in with 2 first rounders.

Sure, if you ignore the 5 first round draft picks that come in as well.

Essendon loaded up on soft players in a weak draft with Cox, Reid and Perkins.
We could just as easily have 2 or 3 without losing our best young established talent that are already contracted

At what point are we just over capitalising

And get stuck in no mans land. Better off taking the hit for the short term while we have the opportunity IMO.
If we use the hawks as our template they didn’t trade its top at talent in the same position like Sicily

Better off still having them on the list in 2 - 3 years time when the kids are at a level to contribute consistently and have a proper handover

Otherwise we end up like North with a lot longer like 5-6 years before the kids can actually make a meaningful difference without older heads around them

Yeah, why not? I get all the reasons and there’s plenty of them, but as long as it’s taking guys who we’ve prioritised rather than just greedily loading up because you can I don’t really care how many.

Seems like an unprecedented draft. Might as well grab all our favourites
Yep.This draft looks deep.
Next year who knows.

If we use the hawks as our template they didn’t trade its top at talent in the same position like Sicily

Better off still having them on the list in 2 - 3 years time when the kids are at a level to contribute consistently and have a proper handover

Otherwise we end up like North with a lot longer like 5-6 years before the kids can actually make a meaningful difference without older heads around them
Hawks did offload Mitchell and O'Meara for what they could though. Noah Balta would be our current equivalent of Sicily 5 years ago.

Nah Norf got rid of all of the senior guys in one go. It'd be like us getting rid of all of Vlastuin, Lynch, McIntosh, Grimes, Prestia, Martin and Broad. Plus we have better middle aged players than they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back