Status
Not open for further replies.
Ass cuts are the best
That's what Groupie_ said.

No .... yes to noah Anderson
Ah, no.

(See what I did there?)

Giants traded Taylor Adams for Heath Shaw

Wonder if we could work out something like that with the suns, we get one of their young guns for Rioli

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Unless it's Mac Andrew, Jed Walter or Will Graham I'm not interested. The latter two are locals so no chance. Andrew is too good so no chance there either.

The only way us being into Oliver would make any sense is if it was a Jack Bowes style salary dump. Even then is pick 7 enough to have Oliver signed up until 2030? We'd have to do a hell of a lot of front loading while we're shite.

Whatever way you want to sugarcoat it, these are not examples of success.

If Clarke repeats these failures for 2017 - 2019 at West Coast, he will be unemployed, beggars' belief that he still had a job after this.
If you focus solely on failures and ignore successes, then you'd sack everyone all the time. Typical hysterical crap that lives in bigfooty. Calm down.

The only way us being into Oliver would make any sense is if it was a Jack Bowes style salary dump. Even then is pick 7 enough to have Oliver signed up until 2030? We'd have to do a hell of a lot of front loading while we're shite.
You_Doodle_2023-10-08T02_22_46Z.jpeg

Hmm pick 7 is a bloody good pick, you’d prob say yes but only if you take hopper from us

Yeah this.

I would be happy to include Tom Lynch, they really need a forward and their window with May, Gawn and Petracca is the next few seasons.

We pay Oliver’s contract and Lynch’s. Just load up on draft picks and do the mother of all rebuilds.

Yeah this.

I would be happy to include Tom Lynch, they really need a forward and their window with May, Gawn and Petracca is the next few seasons.

We pay Oliver’s contract and Lynch’s. Just load up on draft picks and do the mother of all rebuilds.
their window is shut

nah big sexy stays on our list thanks

As mentioned in the post this morning:

Baker 2024 & 2025 R2 picks from WCE. If he chooses Fremantle then we should be asking for their 3rd R1 pick to go along with 2 R1 picks for Bolton.

Rioli if he goes I'd hope for Suns own R1 pick and pick 20 minimum, but push for their 2 R1 picks.

Graham reports suggest he is getting a deal worth a band 3 pick, which equals pick 22 currently.
You always post sensibly RT but with contracted players we don't need to be sensible - we need to be hardarse pricks or at least give that impression. It is well known you pay overs to get contracted players... especially when they are locked up for multiple years. Unquestionably we'll be more competitive with Rioli and Bolton in 2025-26. It won't help us get to flaf 14 I'd suggest but unless a club is prepared to overpay for one or both, we hold fast.

Go complete Dodoro on any campaigners that want them. Baker though is different - out of contract, so we can be reasonable.

im scared we will pick 5 spuds like the early 2000 drafts

Drafts and recruitment in general works on percentages.

This draft within the first 30-35 picks is as can’t miss as it bloody gets. I’d say at this point of time, the percentage of getting a long term player is extremely high.

As I’ve said, there hasn’t been a draft like it.

I remember 2001 Super Draft where I was involved. There was 17 players on our list who we knew would be “long term sure players”

If I’m looking at that draft to this one, I’d say that this one has more depth. Almost double. That’s a big call and some in the industry might want me in a straight jacket but that’s my belief. The top 3 to 5 may not have that star appeal but, again, multiple early picks is the win here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember 2001 Super Draft where I was involved. There was 17 players on our list who we knew would be “long term sure players”
Can confirm. I've seen the list:

Luke Molan
Sam Power
Richard Cole
Ashley Watson
Barry Brooks
Shane Harvey
Daniel Elstone
Charlie Gardiner
Steven Armstrong
Aaron Rogers
Tom Davidson
Mark Powell
Rod Crowe
Simon O'Keefe
Jarrad Wright
Justin Davies
Luke Ball

Luke Molan
Sam Power
Richard Cole
Ashley Watson
Barry Brooks
Shane Harvey
Daniel Elstone
Charlie Gardiner
Steven Armstrong
Aaron Rogers
Tom Davidson
Mark Powell
Rod Crowe
Simon O'Keefe
Jarrad Wright
Justin Davies
Luke Ball

**** that list brings back memories.

Luke Ball, what a champ he was at U18 level. He was a freak for his school. Remember going to watch a lot of his school stuff, just ate up possessions.

Luke Molan
Sam Power
Richard Cole
Ashley Watson
Barry Brooks
Shane Harvey
Daniel Elstone
Charlie Gardiner
Steven Armstrong
Aaron Rogers
Tom Davidson