• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current picks 1, 21, 33, 39, 41, 51, 57, 65, 73

Graham to WCE for band 3 compo = 22

33, 39 & 41 to Brisbane for 2025 R1 pick

Rioli to Suns for 5, straight up. Daniel isn't worth pick 5 but given he is contracted until 2027 that's the price is the Suns want him, take it or leave it.

Baker to WCE for 2024 & 2025 R2 picks = 23(2024) & 19-22 range for 2025

Bolton to Fremantle for 9 & 13. Understand that people want 3 R1 picks, but no club is going to give up 3 picks for him. Take the 2 R1 picks and move on especially if he doesn't want to be here.

Trade 51, 57 65 & 73 to a club needing points to match a bid in the 30s like Carlton or Adelaide

Head to draft with 1, 5(?), 9, 13, 21, 22 & 23, plus our 2025 R1, Brisbane 2025 R1, our 2025 R2, WCE 2025 R2.
Should trade our 2nd round pick[2025 ] and Eagles 2nd round pick [2025] to Suns for there 2nd pick round 1 this year

I have said it before, I will say it again and not just to pump up price.

Bolton is underrated, he is unique, and very watchable, we do not really want to trade him so if we do we have to get something back seriously good. I have not seen anything seriously good being mentioned coming back yet.

Having said that, like all other players if he wants to go, at some stage we will let him go. We are not trying to tie Bolton up nor use him as road kill

Having said that I am more flexible than most I think. I am happy to trade others away some seem to regard as untouchable if worth while and to regenerate but if it is not worth it, not throwing out the baby with the bath water

RFC and the team and our premiership prospects come first for me

It may just be coach talk to drive the price up, but listening to Yze post game it's quite possible that we've still got Bolton & Rioli in 2025
It's bloody annoying to hear, if Yze digs his heels in and we continue to be shit next year, miss our window to cash in on Rioli & Bolton then I hope he gets sacked.

I hope you're right, otherwise it's going to get ugly really quickly for us and Yze
I dont think they see yze as a long term coach, hes just a stop gap to pickup some draft picks

next coach will get a good spine and mids in their baby years like dumma did*

(*if we do the right thing and cash in now on bolton and rioli)

if we dont we are farrked for years to come

It's bloody annoying to hear, if Yze digs his heels in and we continue to be shit next year, miss our window to cash in on Rioli & Bolton then I hope he gets sacked.
Last thing we need is the coach to announce a fire-sale on the players as it will decrease their price!

Last thing we need is the coach to announce a fire-sale on the players as it will decrease their price!

That's a cop out excuse.

Of course we don't expect him to admit to a fire sale, but there is so many better ways to answer that question than just spit the dummy and say they are contracted players and I'm frustrated.

Adelaide gave pick-5 for a 22yo budding superstar in Rankine. If we get pick-5 for Rioli without having to give anything back it’ll be a minor miracle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We will have to beat Gold Coast for that to remain pick 5. Otherwise that could become pick 8 (If saints get band 1 compo). That could cost us pick 1 though, as North will be flogged by Hawthorn who are in a % battle with Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People need to remember what Freo demanded for Weller ............ PICK #2

Weller is not fit to tie Boltons shoe laces yet they demanded and got that pick
They also got the Pies F1 for schultz , Whilst it was not expected to be so high a pick a pick 12-16 was a real possibility
Bolton is easily worth a top 5 pick plus a 2nd rounder.

Fremantles 2 1st rounders #9 + #10 does not get you a pick #2
Demand all 3 1st rounders and accept 2 plus their 2nd rounder thats tied to StKilda

If Baker and Bolton both select fremantle
all 3 1st rounders plus 2nd rounder with some rubbish going back

They also got the Pies F1 for schultz , Whilst it was not expected to be so high a pick a pick 12-16 was a real possibility

Demand all 3 1st rounders and accept 2 plus their 2nd rounder thats tied to StKilda

Freo know they are trying to steal Bolton

I reckon 4 pucks is unders unless there is a top 5 pick there. You get 2 as one may make it and one not, for a game changer like bolton I think it's 3 picks,and Baker really should.be 2 but can be 1 as he is out of contract. So 4 round 1 picks.

Adelaide gave pick-5 for a 22yo budding superstar in Rankine. If we get pick-5 for Rioli without having to give anything back it’ll be a minor miracle.
But we're not trading with Adelaide. We're trading with the team that gave up Rankine for only Pick #5.

And Rioli is under contract.

It won't be a miracle, it'll be expected.

If we only get pick 5 for Rioli, our footy staff should be marched out.
So what are you asking for then?

Pick 5 straight up is a fair return for a 28 yr old HBF who is contracted. If Rioli was uncontracted we'd get a 2nd round pick at best for him.

The expectations some have for our possible trades are unrealistic and are only going to see plenty of posters melting come trade period when the deals they're suggesting don't materialise.

lol, Bolton is irreplacable. People seem to quickly forget what he does, in a season that matters, and the team around him isn't decimated. At his best, he's a top 10 player in the AFL. A true match winner.
recently it's become evident that he doesn't try as hard although he is still easily one of our best, and seems to take the piss a bit in games when you're on the bottom of the ladder and already know you're halfway out the door.
If we get some high quality 18 yr olds in for him, great (although unknown). However, when Freo and Bolton carve us up next year, only then those people will realise how elite his skills are..where our two 18 yr olds we selected (for him) are probably playing VFL until they are ready.
If we lose these star players, then we better dam draft well in return. It's possible we select Danny Meyer and Adam Pattison. It's all a gamble at this stage!
Either way, it will set us back quite a few years which is usually expected. We just need to bite the bullet before the Tassie draft.
He’s our best player, but some are happy to trade him for peanuts.

I’d take 10/11 for Bolton , all three if baker decides there too
The results of the weekend give me great confidence that freo and GC will pay the price

So what are you asking for then?

Pick 5 straight up is a fair return for a 28 yr old HBF who is contracted. If Rioli was uncontracted we'd get a 2nd round pick at best for him.

The expectations some have for our possible trades are unrealistic and are only going to see plenty of posters melting come trade period when the deals they're suggesting don't materialise.
Yea yea yea , but we know how flipping desperate the campaigners are ,,,play the long game and draw blood from the stone ,,,they’d do it , look at their history on trades for uncontracted players , o meara and prestia
Our blokes contracted and about to win a bf , pretty good resume by comparison , 2 picks or they can gf ,,,,,I know dimma , he’d bark down the phone to his comrades ,,,,get it doneeeeeeeee

I’d take 10/11 for Bolton , all three if baker decides there too
The results of the weekend give me great confidence that freo and GC will pay the price
We are getting shafted there Bo.
By pick 10 and 11 the top end talent is gone.
IF Bolton were to be traded you’d want a pick that’s landing you a Draper, Lalor etc. and some more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back