Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Freo supporter here I come with respect for your views. I think there's good chance Bolton stays unless we offer an exceptional trade. Im just wondering your thoughts on Boltons goal kicking. Myslef and a relative who's Richmond supporter think he's good set shot but he kicks high numbers of points because he has a lot of shots on the run and a lot of his set shots are from pockets but when dead in front he's actually a good kicks. Ive copped a ton of abuse for saying Bolton's a good set shot most of the time. Do you agree with me or the freo supporters abusing me in terms of Boltons goal kicking. His field kicking is genuinely all class in my opinion.

He’s the exact opposite. Back him in with a snap/banana on the run. He’s mostly likely going to miss the set shots. Like it’s so bad I’ve said “f me Shai marked it” before. If you get him it’s like you have a second Walters which is great.

Not every players strengths are physicality but he has class around goals and forward craft. We have 0 of that right now.
Yep I get that but you would want to perform and not shirk any contest if you are going to be the instigator of stirring up the oppo and their fans

We will get a classy small forward in the draft I’m sure

If Baker leaves we are better off him choosing west coast

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think Freo will offer the Collingwood pick. the Port pick and our future first for Bolton and Baker. Im pretty sure we have to use our first this year under the afl rules as we've traded our first two seasons in a row. Im asking respectfully. Do you think that offer will be enough? Recruiters seem to think there's a ton of talent picks 10-25 this draft.
Find a top 5 pick for Bolton

Pick #15-#17 for baker will do

Its pretty simple really

Im fairly certain we cant trade our own first this year as we traded it the last two seasons and I tink the afl doesnt allow you to trade your first 3 years in a row.
You can always trade your #10 , #11 , #27 to the eagles,Crows , Norf for pick #3-#5 for Bolton
And we will just have to accept F1 for baker

Simple

You can always trade your #10 , #11 , #27 to the eagles,Crows , Norf for pick #3-#5 for Bolton
And we will just have to accept F1 for baker

Simple
Or we could take the picks and do it ourselves? Or since the draft is so good and so even, and we have so many holes to fill, just use the picks. Honestly, if Freo trades us their impressive draft hand, no need to over complicate it. it's a first world problem I think we should gladly embrace.

Just a little whisper going around Lynch might be getting shopped around. I'm ok with that as I lost hope of him been fit ever again and get some of his wages of the bill.

One thing for sure, if Lynch was fit he could easily make the difference of getting a half decent team over the line for a flag. Swans, Pies, Cats, Demons, Port or even Fremantle might be teams for whom a fit Lynch could mean a flag they wouldn't have otherwise won. So it would be interesting to see what these type of teams might be prepared to cough up for him, perhaps with a fair bit of salary paid. Perhaps Lynch with no salary for a late rd 1 pick, Lynch with most of his salary paid for a top 10 pick or equivalent.

I think this is the sort of shit we are going to get used to seeing to. You are in strong contention then suddenly one of your main rivals sells their future for a couple of seasons of a Tom Lynch or other needle mover and you have that player to deal with in finals, unless you sell your own future for a gun...

But god, if all these guys go we really are going to dominate the next 2 drafts to the tune of about 10 x rd 1 picks, plus some decent rd 2 picks. This is probably equal to about 8 years worth of Rd1 & 2 picks, but not like our last 8 years where the best pick we took was 9, we would have at least a couple of top 3 picks in there, and almost certainly a couple more to follow in the years after.

I think he could go to West Coast for pick 3.

Pick 3 is a good pick but pick 3 in relation to the draft options is about right for Botlon I think and I think West Coast would rather Bolton than pick 3 because even at pick 3 there are a few unknowns

With pick 3 West Coast have a WA player of Bolton's quality known, for many years to come, if West Coast take pick 3 to the draft who are they going to get and how iffy at 3 will the player be with possble go home issues??

Bolton will take the pressure off Reid to and helps them attract other players

See Bolton, Graham and Baker could end up at West Coast helping them improve their culture

Freo are not automatic premiership contenders, West Coast have time to shape their list
Like the rest of the go home sooks in previous years they will nominate a club because remember it's all about being back home not who offers them the most cash lol

One thing for sure, if Lynch was fit he could easily make the difference of getting a half decent team over the line for a flag. Swans, Pies, Cats, Demons, Port or even Fremantle might be teams for whom a fit Lynch could mean a flag they wouldn't have otherwise won. So it would be interesting to see what these type of teams might be prepared to cough up for him, perhaps with a fair bit of salary paid. Perhaps Lynch with no salary for a late rd 1 pick, Lynch with most of his salary paid for a top 10 pick or equivalent.

I think this is the sort of shit we are going to get used to seeing to. You are in strong contention then suddenly one of your main rivals sells their future for a couple of seasons of a Tom Lynch or other needle mover and you have that player to deal with in finals, unless you sell your own future for a gun...

But god, if all these guys go we really are going to dominate the next 2 drafts to the tune of about 10 x rd 1 picks, plus some decent rd 2 picks. This is probably equal to about 8 years worth of Rd1 & 2 picks, but not like our last 8 years where the best pick we took was 9, we would have at least a couple of top 3 picks in there, and almost certainly a couple more to follow in the years after.
If fit and Collingwood snag him they'll win it again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If fit and Collingwood snag him they'll win it again.

Horrible thought.

Not sure they could take his salary on though, nor pay the ransom we would ask to subsidise him. I mean, what could they offer us?

They have picks 32, 48, 50 in this years draft and next years first, projected around pick 18 par value after insertions if they get Lynch. I guess they could give us all of those and we could use the 2024 picks in trades for higher picks from clubs seeking points. You might get say pick 24(sliding to early 30's.) Would Lynch and say half his 2025 salary be worth sending to them for picks around 18 & 32? Or would they need to give us next year's first plus a young player with some upside, maybe Ed Allan?

You would feel so guilty if we made a trade like that and Lynch kept getting injured. :moustache:

In keeping with the theme of 2024, I can see a lot of disappointed Tigers fans come the first 2 weeks of October when a lot of the dream deals people are expecting don't happen.

Last edited:
Just a little whisper going around Lynch might be getting shopped around. I'm ok with that as I lost hope of him been fit ever again and get some of his wages of the bill.
Someone in here with apparent connections to Lynch said earlier in the year that he wasn't happy and would explore options. Can't remember who said it though.

I'm guessing we will see some list changes by the end of this week?
my guess is that Baker, Rioli & Graham will all announce they are out.
Bolton will wait until trade week
i think we will resign Prestia, Kmac, Steely & Tresize this week as well

Slobbo on the Turps.

3. MUCH OF A MUCHNESS

Jake Stringer has kicked 42.25 from 23 games this year and Mick Malthouse believes the Bombers should flick him. Too inconsistent, Malthouse said. Shai Bolton has kicked 34.26 this year from 22 games and if he officially asks for a trade to Fremantle, Richmond will ask for two first-rounders. It’s out of whack for two players who play forward-mid. Bolton is a better player than Stringer, and certainly has a better highlight reel, but he also lacks consistency and impact. Two first-rounders for him are way overs and Fremantle point blank should baulk at that asking price. Bolton is no Jeremy Cameron. To get him, the Cats sent a first rounder, two future first round picks and a future fourth rounder to the Giants. Coming back, they got Cameron and two future second round selections. Bolton is 25 and contracted until the end of 2028, so Richmond apparently holds the cards. But do they really? Every man and his dog says the Tigers need to purge and rebuild, so granting Bolton’s wishes would be wise. But not sure the Dockers giving away the farm for Bolton is equally as wise. A first and second rounder should be the max offer – take it or leave it. If the Tigers baulk, no worries, keep him, and good luck with the rebuild. Bolton is simply not worth two first-rounders.

Slobbo on the Turps.

3. MUCH OF A MUCHNESS

Jake Stringer has kicked 42.25 from 23 games this year and Mick Malthouse believes the Bombers should flick him. Too inconsistent, Malthouse said. Shai Bolton has kicked 34.26 this year from 22 games and if he officially asks for a trade to Fremantle, Richmond will ask for two first-rounders. It’s out of whack for two players who play forward-mid. Bolton is a better player than Stringer, and certainly has a better highlight reel, but he also lacks consistency and impact. Two first-rounders for him are way overs and Fremantle point blank should baulk at that asking price. Bolton is no Jeremy Cameron. To get him, the Cats sent a first rounder, two future first round picks and a future fourth rounder to the Giants. Coming back, they got Cameron and two future second round selections. Bolton is 25 and contracted until the end of 2028, so Richmond apparently holds the cards. But do they really? Every man and his dog says the Tigers need to purge and rebuild, so granting Bolton’s wishes would be wise. But not sure the Dockers giving away the farm for Bolton is equally as wise. A first and second rounder should be the max offer – take it or leave it. If the Tigers baulk, no worries, keep him, and good luck with the rebuild. Bolton is simply not worth two first-rounders.
Anyone ever met Robbo? Does he stink of alcohol as badly as I imagine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back