Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what would you guys say and what do you think Melbourne fans would say if we went to Melbourne with this?
We pay all of Lynch’s salary and add in an our lowest second round pick for Melbournes first rounder next year?
We get another first round pick and for melbourne, it could be the difference of keeping Petracca or loosing him.
tom lynch says no
end of story

Reckon it would be a power move to trade our future first into this year. Clubs will value that as a pick 1-5, materialise the value of that in a good draft, only upside risk for us.
The only issue with that is if we end up with pick 1 next year, apparently the kid who they rate at number one stands out well above the rest in Dyson Sharp.

The problem I have with the Bolton trade as it appears to be is that the two or three picks while adding up to a significant and equivalent amount of points, likely won’t help replace who we are losing.

I would say Shai is worth in the region of pick 1 - 3. I’m including in that valuation his age and his wage. I want to be able to use the pick/s we receive to draft someone I think could be as good.

Pick 9 or 10 or 17 or whatever they end up being will be a complete fluke if they produce someone of that ability.

It’s like Melbourne accepting three handy players for Petracca. Yes, you’d swap him for McKay or Heeney or Papley or Bolton. But three handy players doesn’t make up for star quality.

It is a reasonable way to look at it MM.

I guess another way to look at it is we got Bolton at pick 29 and we are likely to have in the vicinity of 15 or more picks of higher value that that to play with over the next 3-4 drafts. Including some very high end picks. So we have ample opportunity to find 3-4 star attacking and midfield weapons. To have a great team we also need the Vlastuins Bakers Edwards Houlis etc, and if we took 11, 12, 20 to the draft from the Bolton trade we might have a decent chance to get one star and one 6-12 ranked long term player. In other words just see it as part of an overall team building strategy rather than needing to directly replace the player you have traded out.

Angry 30 Rock GIF

I see that Matt Allison was delisted by the Saints. The Saints drafted him the first round pick that we traded to them as part of the trade for Jack Higgins.

Saints 2020 first rounder* + 2021 second rounder (Judson Clarke) for
Jack Higgins + Richmond's 2020 first round pick + Future 4th
*We traded the Saints 2020 first round pick to Geelong for their 2021 first round pick (Tom Brown)

So basically Jack Higgins + Matt Allison for Tom Brown + Judson Clarke.

Well ahead in that trade now.

I see that Matt Allison was delisted by the Saints. The Saints drafted him the first round pick that we traded to them as part of the trade for Jack Higgins.

*We traded the Saints 2020 first round pick to Geelong for their 2021 first round pick (Tom Brown)

Are we?

Higgins is miles ahead of our 2 combined lol. Back to back 36 goal seasons. 30 the year before that. That's elite.

Ours have played 36 games combined.

The only positive so far is ours are perfect age bracket for where we are going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins is miles ahead of our 2 combined lol. Back to back 36 goal seasons. 30 the year before that. That's elite.

Ours have played 36 games combined.

The only positive so far is ours are perfect age bracket for where we are going

I’m feeling like I’m going mad with this argument. We have two very unproven players against one elite small forward. We win?

Firstly, no.

Secondly. You are assuming. This is not fact. Brown has done absolutely nothing in his AFL career to be considered better than Higgins.
Higgins played the most games amongst players who didn't win a premiership medal, although in 2019 that corresponded to that terrible injury he received. I have never rated him as an A grade forward. He has had some good games at the Saints, but lacks consistency. Even Saints supporter have bagged him on occasion (although not last weekend).

Brown has come on leaps and bounds and with more experience would back him to be a better player.

It is a reasonable way to look at it MM.

I guess another way to look at it is we got Bolton at pick 29 and we are likely to have in the vicinity of 15 or more picks of higher value that that to play with over the next 3-4 drafts. Including some very high end picks. So we have ample opportunity to find 3-4 star attacking and midfield weapons. To have a great team we also need the Vlastuins Bakers Edwards Houlis etc, and if we took 11, 12, 20 to the draft from the Bolton trade we might have a decent chance to get one star and one 6-12 ranked long term player. In other words just see it as part of an overall team building strategy rather than needing to directly replace the player you have traded out.
I take your point. Pick 29 for Shai was a massive win, but you win some, you lose some. Just makes up for using pick 6 on Conca.

We know what we’re giving away with Shai. I would hope we want something commensurate. If there is someone we think could be that good, he will be rated top two or three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back