Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we could get Soldo back for cents on the dollar????

We got picks 41 and 49, a future second-round pick tied to Fremantle (29) as well as Port's future fourth-round pick (73) in exchange for Soldo, with the Power also getting Richmond's pick 50 in return.

So if we cancel 49 & 50 out.
Port: Soldo
TIGS: 41, 29, 73.

Could we give them pick 41 or our pick 39 to get him back?
We're already down Naismith and Colina. Could we get Soldo back cheaply and plead insanity on the Samson Ryan 3 year deal and ask to have it annulled?

Lynch makes no sense. We won’t get a return for him like what we’ll get for the others as he’s older and injured

Plus he is way, way more important for the side in a structural sense
When you say get a return the return can come in many different ways

Lynch leaves and Richmond cover 70% of his $1.5 mil salary in 2025 is a saving of $450k a year which buys you a pick from 29 to 18 so you get another top 20 kid and a saving of $300k

Now that might not sound like much but if you also take into consideration a further 2 years of saving $400k a year that gets to $1.1 mil and for that cap space you get another top 10 pick when cap trading comes in in the next 2 years

So effectively a pick 10 + 18 for a player that really wont make a massive difference to our ladder position as we will finish last the next 2 years anyway

Accelerating the rebuild

Im all for the full nuclear rebuild provided we keep players like
Braod , Vlastuin types to guide

We got picks 41 and 49, a future second-round pick tied to Fremantle (29) as well as Port's future fourth-round pick (73) in exchange for Soldo, with the Power also getting Richmond's pick 50 in return.

We're already down Naismith and Colina. Could we get Soldo back cheaply and plead insanity on the Samson Ryan 3 year deal and ask to have it annulled?
Honestly, I mentioned let's get Soldo back cheap as a piss take, we have moved past Soldo he is well below Nankervis & we need to start playing the kids even if Sampson Ryan is worse which he probably is it's not massive amounts in it.

Unfortunately, Soldo is stuck at Port in less another club is interested like Geelong who probably need another ruck.

I think the club sees this as a golden opportunity to acquire as many high end draft picks as possible and hit the draft hard. It runs deep with talent.
sam mclure said they say that every year

The rumours being about the Tassie team taking Nank and Vlas for first rounders?
That'd just be years of first rounders after first rounders after first rounders.

I guess the club is hoping/planning to have a new leadership group coming through by then and we will be forcibly shifting to the young guys to led the team. A long term plan to build a new dynasty team. And reward our old leaders with big pay days at Tassie (?). Amazing if it happens.
They will be close to retirement by then. If not, tassie won’t trade for them as they will get them for free and tigers will get compensation (which prob won’t b much given their age and output in 3yrs time).

When you say get a return the return can come in many different ways

Lynch leaves and Richmond cover 70% of his $1.5 mil salary in 2025 is a saving of $450k a year which buys you a pick from 29 to 18 so you get another top 20 kid and a saving of $300k

Now that might not sound like much but if you also take into consideration a further 2 years of saving $400k a year that gets to $1.1 mil and for that cap space you get another top 10 pick when cap trading comes in in the next 2 years

So effectively a pick 10 + 18 for a player that really wont make a massive difference to our ladder position as we will finish last the next 2 years anyway

Accelerating the rebuild

Im all for the full nuclear rebuild provided we keep players like
Braod , Vlastuin types to guide
Who guides our fwdline? Kozitzchi or samson ryan?

The only way you trade out Lynch is if his back is ****ed like Jeff Hogg when we sent him to Fitzroy.

If that was the case I kind of doubt any club would be so stupid as to not know beforehand.

Trading out a dual premiership forward and forcing kids to carry that load is absolutely bonkers. ****, we learnt that lesson the hard way last time we were shit.

Someone needs to tell that campaigner clarkey , to pay up what bakes is worth , top 6 in bf 5 years in a row VC ,that’s a fine resume when surrounded by premiership players ,,,coz one day Harley Reid will be out of contract , could be soon , we might be pretty low on the ladder , and we could go preeeeee seasonnnnn , so don’t make us angry , you wouldn't like us when we’re angry

Someone needs to tell that campaigner clarkey , to pay up what bakes is worth , top 6 in bf 5 years in a row VC ,that’s a fine resume when surrounded by premiership players ,,,coz one day Harley Reid will be out of contract , could be soon , we might be pretty low on the ladder , and we could go preeeeee seasonnnnn , so don’t make us angry , you wouldn't like us when we’re angry
I don't think he's gonna screw us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even close there, for starters we didn't get a heap of top quality draft picks to rebuild back then, we got a bunch of crap pie players. Also the amount of picks we will get is far greater than losing 3 players.
But if we lose nearly all talent right away, who is going to play? Or will all our picks be ready right away?

Losing all of Bolton, Rioli and Baker plus all the retirements. If any injuries occur to major players next year then it might the first time since University to go winless.

It just means the bottom four all tank to try and get to the second bottom spot.

Even in leagues with a lottery for draft picks (e.g. NBA) you still see tanking.

Tankers gonna tank.
Yeah but no-one remembers second last, it’s just called a bad season. It hasn’t the stigma of the wooden spoon.

In a season one remember the Premiers - to admire or envy, and one remembers the wooden spoon to laugh and ridicule.

AFL has turned supporters wanting the spoon in a bad season. Not good.

Kinda hoping they do screw us for this very reason hahahahah

Remember when he led a revolt against wallet? I wonder who's leading the revolt against yze?
that was actual bullshit he never led a revolt against wallace,, absolute media bullshit made up by fat **** who may or may not allegedly own a sports radio station

I mentioned he was of interest yesterday to Tigerbob, I wonder if this on the back of the Rioli trade and our suggestion he would be a good fit for us.
lombard is just the type of player who plays good on paper

The fact Port were quick to realise he’s a very limited footballer tells me we probably shouldn’t, but we desperately need another back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back