• Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst part is they got both for peanuts while we got bent over

Those same mids looked shit last year. Lloyd meek has been the biggest change to hawthorn.

The way the game is umpired now, you need some sort of superiority at ruck time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should have 6 inside 20
8 inside 30

21 , 22 which will become 26 &27

I hope we actually do take 8 kids this years draft and 4 next year and 3 in 2026
15 players in 3 years should be the target and in 2026 go hard for some quality free agents like Cadman , JUH and reid when he becomes available
JUH is sh!t. Pretty ordinary player imo. Went to the game tonight and he just doesn’t influence the game. He’d cost a motza in salary and he’s so not worth it. PASS

JUH is sh!t. Pretty ordinary player imo. Went to the game tonight and he just doesn’t influence the game. He’d cost a motza in salary and he’s so not worth it. PASS
100% agree. Don’t touch him.

Hawthorn giving us the blue print on how to rebuild. All the talk of Geelong last night/this morning but the Hawthorn model is what we need to replicate.
So it was 9 years between their last finals win , the 2015 grand final, and this win. That's a few years trading players in to stay up and then the rebuild. Our last win 2020, and rebuild on properly at end of 2024.

I know this is a player thread but maybe geeong and hawthorn are the same in that they have other positions right, scouts who get hits, good strength and conditioning etc.meehans replacement is key.

Last edited:
People saying don't get too many kids. Watching the Hawks game and I keep seeing first year players. As many talented players as possible in thanks!!
Goes both ways
They still have Gunston, Sicily, Frost, Breust and impy over 30

We are far better placed. Balta, Vlastuin, taranto, Hopper, short, nank can set the standards
Maybe in that older group but I think we are behind the mark in terms of that current engine room the hawks have now that are in that 25 year old mark where the Hawks have Newcombe, Worp, Hardwick and Scrimshaw

Ideally we would already have those types drafted in the last few seasons to be hitting that 25/ 100 plus games mark when the kids we draft over the next few years hit that 21 - 22 year old area when the bodies are really ready to play full seasons of AFL

Kmac 2 might be one of the part of the puzzle but the others in that same kind of bracket will need either a big change in terms of output (Sonsie) and/or some injury luck (Gibcus, Clarke)

Mannagh after last years VFL final should have been on every clubs radar and I’m unsure how Duncan has flown under the radar but in any event if we had looked at either of these two we would have discarded them on the basis of being undersized, too short and too old. Just shows that being able to play the game is far more important than any of these considerations and posters on big footy need to reconsider what attributes are more important

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How difficult could it be not to select Mannagh - vfl Grandfinal 6 goal haul bog ripping it in the vfl - he was gettable !

True I'm in Geelong and football Geelong controls 4 leagues.
GFL(GEELONG FOOTBALL LEAQUE)
BFL(BELLARINE FOOTBALL LEAQUE)
GDFL(GEEL,DISTRICT FOOTBALL LEAQU
CDFL COLAC DISTRICT FOOTBALL
PLUS HAVE FALCONS PROGRAM WITH 100S OF KIDS VERY CLOSE BY.
THERE IS ALSO MANY MANY STRONG JUNIOR LITTLE LEAQUES.
Michael Turner coach of Geelong Falcons was always bemused with Richmond’s recruiting program. aGeelong Dynasty was built on players from Geelong Falcons but he never got any enquiries about up and coming players from Richmond ! How important- what level of money is required to recruit the best talent for Richmond’s Recruitment Team ?

Still has arms like spaghetti. Any chance he can lift some weights?

So I'm going to have an outlandish go. North give pick 2 to GC for Lukoscious and 20. GC give us 2, 13 and rosas for Rioli and later picks back for lombard. Baker then the pick 3 and a pick swap AND we have 1, 2, 3...

Fos, jagga, draper

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

I liked Mannagh when he was at Werribee, he’d taken his game to another level from his time on our VFL list.

Obviously we’ll be hitting the ND hard , but wonder if we’ll consider any State League players?

Speed would be no 1 priority. One name I’d throw out there as a possible rookie would be George Grey from Frankston. He missed a chunk of this season due to injury, but is quick and I think has good foot skills ( from the limited vision I’ve seen). He can play hb , hf, and maybe wing. Note in the highlights how he kicks both feet

After watching Hawthorn everyone should embrace the rebuild. We will have more picks than they will over the next three years so we could surge harder than them.
With what you've been told, what sort of pick hand do you see us having at the draft?

After losing an EF with still some generational players out there, the Dogs really should go again and pay up for Jacob Hopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back