List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thinks we should be trading away draft picks for mid's have rocks in their head given our list composition. We need to be hitting the top 5 of the draft for a few years in a row or no premiership list.

1) Dusty to Sydney -> We cover most of his salary to get pick 10 & 17 -> trade for pick 4-5 -> quality of KPF to contend in future attained.
2) Trade 2-3 players out of the below block to maximise second round draft picks and trade for future second round draft picks -> Short or Rioli could yield a pick 16 and a Broad pick 25. Trade 19 and 16 for pick 8 and get second elite KPF to hedge first bet. View attachment 1412331

3) Go down for two years and play kids to temporarily go down and see who is worth it or not next year (i.e. RCD, Dow, Sonsie, Ross, etc.). Top 3 pick for two years and early second rounder.
4) Trade current picks and future picks to get wherever the best young midfielder in the league is at that point (i.e. JHF type) and another young deficit (i.e. Ruck).
5) See how we go in following year and buy FA's where GAPS are and win flag.

Someone tell me how trading for Tom Greene or some other BS like Dunkley is better than the above?
Swans arent interested in dusty , played golf with a mate that follows Sydney ,, said no way would they wanna tip list upside down to accomodate dusty . And completely delusional to think you’d pay 1mn for pick 10/18
You’d want 4 picks to be remotely close ,, in any case won’t happen

Swans arent interested in dusty , played golf with a mate that follows Sydney ,, said no way would they wanna tip list upside down to accomodate dusty . And completely delusional to think you’d pay 1mn for pick 10/18
Unless your mate is John Longmire or Kinnear Beatson then with all due respect he has NFI.

Anyone who thinks we should be trading away draft picks for mid's have rocks in their head given our list composition. We need to be hitting the top 5 of the draft for a few years in a row or no premiership list.

1) Dusty to Sydney -> We cover most of his salary to get pick 10 & 17 -> trade for pick 4-5 -> quality of KPF to contend in future attained.
2) Trade 2-3 players out of the below block to maximise second round draft picks and trade for future second round draft picks -> Short or Rioli could yield a pick 16 and a Broad pick 25. Trade 19 and 16 for pick 8 and get second elite KPF to hedge first bet. View attachment 1412331

3) Go down for two years and play kids to temporarily go down and see who is worth it or not next year (i.e. RCD, Dow, Sonsie, Ross, etc.). Top 3 pick for two years and early second rounder.
4) Trade current picks and future picks to get wherever the best young midfielder in the league is at that point (i.e. JHF type) and another young deficit (i.e. Ruck).

Someone tell me how trading for Tom Greene or some other BS like Dunkley is better than the above?
Aarts and parker will get us nothing. Only way another club would take them is if we delisted them.
SHort, valstuin, nankervis and rioli will not be traded. Rioli only if he requests it and thats the same for broad and macintosh.

We ain’t paying any of Dusty’s salary if he leaves. Especially not for those picks.
We just turned Rioli’s career around and now you want to trade him?
Broad ain’t getting pick 25.
You say trade picks to get the best young player in 2-3 years but then go on to say that trading for Tom Green is not good? He is a top 5 midfielder under the age of 20 and is exactly what we need.
He is also a proven player.

Tbh man I’d rather just go to the draft with the picks we have and keep Dusty. No risk and no downsides. I don’t think trading any of our players in their prime is a good move. If we get rid of too much experience we end up like North.

Plus I reckon some of these younger kids will get culled anyway. No point only having Bolton in his prime, we need multiple kids the same age eg Tom Green to contend. It’s a waste of talent otherwise.

Well it looks likely Dusty is staying now. Missing a snap from 10m out to win the game is not appealing for another clubs. Which is perfect for us.
Reading between the lines.
-----------He missed for his new side------------------

Unless your mate is John Longmire or Kinnear Beatson then with all due respect he has NFI.
Well thank you very much for the smack down , his sentiments echo common sense , they ain’t paying 1mn plus for DM , for them to be remotely interested dusty would likely need to double his output ,,,has he got it in him

Our picks this year will get us a highly rated KPF, unlike last year when there wasn't much. And we can get the best slider as well. Gotta get a Green type to make a trade worth it really.

'A mate that follows Sydney'

Must be true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our picks this year will get us a highly rated KPF, unlike last year when there wasn't much. And we can get the best slider as well. Gotta get a Green type to make a trade worth it really.
If we can get a KPF as talented as gibbo combined with Balta and Bolton that lays a foundation for the next wave

From the HUN

RICHMOND

Both Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin want to play on and are in excellent form, with talks on Cotchin’s future perhaps a month away.

The club needs to continue transitioning the elder statesmen out, but it doesn’t feel like shunting them or Shane Edwards out is the right move.

Kane Lambert, needing a hip replacement at some stage to live a pain-free life, will surely have to consider whether that is at year’s end.

Richmond has always believed one of the GWS mids will be gettable this year because as much as the Tigers onball crew is getting it done Cotchin is 32, Lambert banged up, Martin playing more forward, Prestia still a jet but injury-prone.

It won’t be the contracted Tom Green, grandson of Tigers premiership star Michael, but don’t be surprised if the Tigers make a play for a Tim Taranto or Jacob Hopper type.

Marlion Pickett was in career-best form before his two-week absence (suspension, then a migraine) so early talks have already started on a new deal.

Sh

Short just signed a 5 year deal lol

But Dusty is playing in our next three premierships

Gibcus is our superstar forward of the future.

What are you smoking?

If we can get a KPF as talented as gibbo combined with Balta and Bolton that lays a foundation for the next wave

If we can get a KPF that talented then we are almost set.

I'm hoping we can get a genuine B+ KPF, who might develop into a top end player. Not a guy that I look at and see A+ written all over him in his first year. But if it happens that YAHHOOOO!!

Anyway, there are quite a few good KPFs this year, so we should be able to get one. Although our draft team do their own thing :)

Yeah this is what I reckon our next core would be the equivalent too:

Vlastuin and Grimes = Brown and Gibcus

Houli = Not sure, maybe Mansell? Not too confident on him though.

Dusty = Bolton

Nank and soldo = Colina and Ryan

Lynch and Jack = Balta and KPF from the draft

Castanga and Aarts = Rioli Jnr and Clark

Idk for mids or Cotchin replacement = I think banks and we need to draft/trade a couple more in, Dawkins and the other VFL mids don’t look good enough atm.

Our current players 26 years and under will still/should be in team imo unless they are crap.

Could try and pry oscar Allen out of the shit hole that is west coast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back