List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would take any pick for Riley. There's very little chance he plays for us and equally that he gets a regular game for the oppo.
I love that we took a punt on him as a slider but we've found out why he slid. He's just a big, old fashioned, country footballer.
I don't see a great deal of footy nous or talent in him and he's not athletically gifted. He's the mythical tall mid that everyone wanted at the time but was always a risk of not panning out. Let other clubs chase this unicorn.
Just a couple of points , if you would take any pick then may as well just delist him and let him go to a club as a delisted free agent as a pick after 50 is worth nothing anyway.

He was highly rated during his draft and expected to be taken at #15 by the cats but clarke was available that suited the cats and they selected him
St kilda were trying to do the same deal with the Crows that Carlton did and took stocker. If the Saints had done that deal they had RCD as their player

He was exactly what we needed at the time and projected to become the big inside mid we have been desperate for and in his 1st year showed exactly what we wanted then Covid struck and you know the rest

For the same reason we used one on Higgins, Corey Ellis, Lennon, Conca, Fiora, JON, Meyer, Pattison and Tembling.
when you consider how shit our first round draftees have been, no wonder we have no issue sending them to gws this year

I know I'm in the minority but RCD has shown bits and pieces to suggest there is something there. With our potential new found depth he is clearly expendable and i wont be upset if he is moved on but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the kid goes on to have a senior career elsewhere.
We need to remember most of these kids have been on our list for a while but not played anywhere near as much footy as they should have with covid pretty much shutting down the lower level for 2 years.

Nobody actually gives a * about where any of you campaigners live, or your experiences in that shithole of Geelong. Bring me trade news or shut up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You bought Aaron Francis to this table. There has to be opportunity cost for that. Get better, or let yourself out.

Last edited:
We need to remember most of these kids have been on our list for a while but not played anywhere near as much footy as they should have with covid pretty much shutting down the lower level for 2 years.
We keep being reminded of this but so many other young players at all clubs have managed to progress or go past in the meantime?
The theory is wearing thin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I'm in the minority but RCD has shown bits and pieces to suggest there is something there. With our potential new found depth he is clearly expendable and i wont be upset if he is moved on but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the kid goes on to have a senior career elsewhere.

I'm going to counter the Covid excuse/reason with the fact that during those Covid times RCD was still free to train, had access to dieticians, coaches, gym facilities, advice from senior team mates, team meetings, the excuse of no tank could've and should've been rectified by running laps in Qld bubble in sunshine, or on treadmill. Juxtapose that with the recent draftees: (Sonsies most similar to him), Sonsie was trapped in lockdown, no access to anything or anyone really apart from the 6 measly games he played over 2 years of lockdown. In his 1st year he has grabbed his opportunity and has blown everyone away with his potential. Last year RCD was gifted senior games when majority of our midfield was injured and showed bugger all really. That was his opportunity to shine. Now when his arms were sweaty from eating his Mum's spaghetti, he never lost himself in the footy, the moment
he never owned it, he let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to show.
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime. He blew it. Dow is also ahead of him and let's not forget his manager making noise about more opportunity and offers elsewhere when signing his 2nd contract. I'm sure as is the trend league wide we paid him a bit extra on potential as a 1st rounder.

you blew it GIF

SEN 15/09/2022
Cal Twomey

RCD - clubs are interested. Wait and see. GWS are in town atm discussing trade options with Melbourne clubs

Stocker - plenty of interest

Luke Jackson - likely to Freo but WC are not out of it. WC unlikely to give up p2 however

Next Thursday County v City u18s at Docklands
How’s the afl disrespecting the queen and jumping on board of the public holiday to spam an under 18 game lmao

Is he any good? He reads a bit underwhelming and undersized. And with us probably selling the farm to get Taranto and Hopper, what would satisfy Fremantle to get this blockbuster trade over the line?

Sounds like Gibcus is our new young KPF. So this talk about drafting a new one when we already had him.

Logue will go back with Balta.

Club too smart for us.
Well, I floated pushing Gibcus forward but got crucified lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back