List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taranto and Hopper will go about their business in fine style but Sampson Ryan will be a big W:pW factor by mid season.
Getting a tat on each arse cheek?

* me …. Trade radio does my head in sometimes…. Noble and SOS both saying we need to look for a tall defender…….

Balta : 194cm
Tarrant: 196cm
Gibcus: 196cm
Miller: 198cm
Biggy: 197cm
Grimes: 194cm
Broad: 192cm

4 of them are 23yo or younger.

Then there’s Vlastuin who is 187cm but can play tall.

So maybe in 3-4 years we may need another KPD once Tarrant, Grimes and Broad are all gone, but we are very well off for KPD right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Honestly don’t think it’s that bad of a shout…
Will be Tarrants last year, and Grimes definitely will not see 3-4 years.
Broad has another few in him, but has copped a beating in his afl career, so who knows if his body will start to fall apart.
Another tall defender developing in the vfl couldn’t hurt, but believe we need a tall forward more urgently, as well as a young developing inside midfielder.

I know he just signed an 1 year extension. But always liked the look of Will Gould at Sydney. Plays a similar role to Vlastuin.

Broad has another few in him, but has copped a beating in his afl career, so who knows if his body will start to fall apart.
Another tall defender developing in the vfl couldn’t hurt, but believe we need a tall forward more urgently, as well as a young developing inside midfielder.

I know he just signed an 1 year extension. But always liked the look of Will Gould at Sydney. Plays a similar role to Vlastuin.

Tom Brown who we drafted last year is going to end up being the replacement for Vlastuin

1664998014551.png

Apparently the deal is along the lines of:

Soldo 2023 R1 & 31

for

Hopper and 44 & 61 this year or Pies R2 2023 & GWS R3 2023

Soldo 2023 R1 & 31

for

Hopefully it's the 2nd option. Pies R2 next year would be overs for Soldo. Essentially the deal would be Hopper for a late R1 and swapping a R2 for a R3 next year.

Soldo 2023 R1 & 31

for

So where I rate the players pick wise and where we may finish next year it’s

Tigers get 5, 44 & 61
GWS get 18, 31 and 45

Second deal we potentially get 5, 35, 45

That’s a win

If the hopper deal falls through. I wouldn’t try get him as a FA next year. I would go twice as hard at green instead. Surely the giants know this would be a likely scenario if we miss on hopper this off-season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If the plastics wanna play hard ball.Blair should just say the grass is Greener over the other side.

Something else to consider … if we don’t start giving games to Ryan in 2023 then we will end up losing him. He is 22yo start of next season.

A team like Bombers, Saints, Eagles, Pies, Port, Adelaide could do with a very promising 206cm young ruck/fwd and could provide immediate opportunity and a decent payday.

If we have Nank and Soldo, and Lynch/Riewoldt don’t have injuries, when or how does Ryan get a game?

Hopefully we go to 5 on the bench in 2023 and they get rid of the stupid sub-rule … then if Soldo is not there we can give Ryan some opportunities as back-up ruck or ruck/fwd if Jack/Lynch are out.

Firstly all in favour of trading out Soldo as we have more than enough ruck depth without him. However, even it he stayed Ryan will definitely get game time next year.

Even without injury (and let's face it Lynch in particular is no stranger to injury) it's hard to imagine Reiwoldt playing every game. Seeing how he is slowing down you'd think that he'd be managed at the very least. Worst case he falls off the cliff entirely and we get to see if Ryan sinks or swims.

Either way Ryan will definitely getting game time next year with the guarantee of a permanent position in 2024 if he proves successful.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok ...I am trying to quantify this offer.

Reckon Soldo is worth around Pick 30 which is 629 points.
If we assume we finish say, fourth next year, our future R1 pick will be 15 which is worth 1,112 points.
This totals 1,741 points which equates approx. to Pick 6.
Surely this is sufficient for Hopper !!!!

On the draft front.

Lambert & Edwards replaced by Taranto & Hopper.
Parker was a rookie.
Soldo replaced by Pickett who will be elevated.
We then need to delist two further players to accommodate the two
players we will be required to select in the draft. If we also elevate Stack,
we would have one selection.

Make sense ??????????

Last edited:
Why would you accept a deal that's take you twice as long too get the same amount of money in 2.
What am I missing?
Wouldn’t be the same money but only a little more I’d imagine

I don’t think you can break the afl player contract why was everyone saying they have to take on the 800000 salary per year you can’t change a players contract in the middle of it if that was the case every team would be doing it just saying for example hey dusty you ain’t worth 1.4 mill this next 2 years can we pay you the 2.8 over 4 years it can’t be done
You 100% can but bowes ain’t leaving money on the table hence not all parties agree

Richmond are the only club who haven't had a representative do media during trade week.

Can't be a coincidence - the divide is real.

Yup. Biggest trade of the period completed and all we heard is the GWS reps talk.
Laughable

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we do lose Soldo, I think we're going to need to look at some cheap (probably free) ruck depth. This might take the form of a mature ager in the draft or ...

One outside the box solution could be to look at Sam Naismith, who is unsigned as a free agent. People may shoot this down and say he's coming off his third ACL, but the risk isn't really that high, as if he does it again we can just move him to the inactive list and draft a ruckman midseason. His latest reco was done in a different way to the others and is looking more successful at this early stage and he'll be ready to test it out for the start of preseason.

It's like last year with North and CCJ, everyone thought we were going to get screwed over and when the trade finally landed we'd made out like bandits. If we lose 2023 R1, pick 31 & Soldo to land Hopper then so be it. We'll get more out of Taranto & Hopper in the short term that any of the picks we're trading out will bring and odds are in the longer term as well.
People quickly forget.We took 5 kids last year in a deeper draft than this one.

If it is easy to just stretch th contract, why wouldn’t Gold Coast just do that and keep th pick??

They clearly don’t want him
Or maybe he doesn’t want them

Or maybe their cap is so tight that it wouldn’t help.

If you think he’s getting paid $850k anywhere next season, you are mad.

Talks between Port & North fans regarding JHF going well :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

FeS93DMaMAAItve
Norf bloke hasn't got over not getting ccj via psd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back