List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do lose Soldo, I think we're going to need to look at some cheap (probably free) ruck depth. This might take the form of a mature ager in the draft or ...

One outside the box solution could be to look at Sam Naismith, who is unsigned as a free agent. People may shoot this down and say he's coming off his third ACL, but the risk isn't really that high, as if he does it again we can just move him to the inactive list and draft a ruckman midseason. His latest reco was done in a different way to the others and is looking more successful at this early stage and he'll be ready to test it out for the start of preseason.
**** No

I remember that North bloke from the CCJ thread on the main board last year. Must have got PTSD from that trade period.
Yep.Was adamant they were getting cj in the psd.lol

If it is easy to just stretch th contract, why wouldn’t Gold Coast just do that and keep th pick??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Haven’t GC been kicking his money down the road and now telling him they can’t pay him the money? No chance he’d agree to stretch it for them.

I'm not in Melbourne.. just listened to Mc Cartney from GWS on trade radio. They ask him a direct qn about Soldo "is he on the radar?"
response: "its been talked about a bit, we'll do some follow up there, we need to do some follow up on a no of options"

If their priority is cap reduction, they'll have to take whatever we offer them for Hopper. Soldo is not the cheapest option (350~400K?) out there for a ruckman. Callum Sinclair from Swans just retired, that's more Giants style of ruckman. Or draft another one.

North fans really rioting over pick 8 and future 1st offer for the big sook?

Maybe their abortion of a club shouldn’t have blown pick 1 on a guy that wanted to leave before he even got there
You could say that about any draftee really.

Sampson isn’t ready. He will be a player but he’s bambi right now

Miller in the ruck as much as he tries is not his strength. Find it hard to believe you bring in two bulls and you weaken your ruck

Sampson ain't bambi anymore, has put on some size, and add another preseason till next year.

Almost every day the trades have been completed in the late afternoon.

There's nothing yet to confirm the Hopper deal is done but I wouldn't be holding my breath for anything early in the day.
I need my Hopper fix

Seinfeld Crying GIF by MOODMAN

If it is easy to just stretch th contract, why wouldn’t Gold Coast just do that and keep th pick??

They also previously had already extended him to smooth out his money back in 2019.
There's only so long you can kick the can down the road before you have to make a call.

If that's the case I hope we can get a project ruckman in either through trade or drafts. With basically Nank and Ryan our only 2 genuine ruck options it leaves us a little light on. Colina seems a long way off yet and I doubt Miller or Biggy could do it full time if s**t really hit the fan
Bryant from ess
Hayes from port

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost every day the trades have been completed in the late afternoon.

There's nothing yet to confirm the Hopper deal is done but I wouldn't be holding my breath for anything early in the day.
Yeah all trades so far have been done in the afternoon. Don't expect this trend to change.

Haven’t GC been kicking his money down the road and now telling him they can’t pay him the money? No chance he’d agree to stretch it for them.

I was being a bit rhetorical
Clearly he can’t stay now.
But everyone seems to think Geelong will just stretch his contract, and I’m not sure why other clubs have not offered to do th same..

AFL might hold off on their fetish to bring in last touch rule scrapping boundary throw ins now we’re down to 1 ruck
if they bring that shite in im done wont watch another minute

But everyone seems to think Geelong will just stretch his contract, and I’m not sure why other clubs have not offered to do th same..

They have. Brisbane, Hawthorn, Essendon and St Kilda all heavily linked to Bowes.
Every club would have enquired.

We already have the worst draft hand in the comp this year. Can't afford to lose pick 31 as well unless we have plans to bring in an earlier pick somehow later.
We don't really need a good draft hand considering we are investing heavily in trading players in.
It's likely we may only take one kid in the draft and then just elevate rookie listed players.

It’s still a lot of money. Say $550-600k for 4 for a guy that couldn’t make GC’s team.

Sounds like Essendon and Hawthorn had a crack. North and Saints probably could have too but you’re effectively buying a pick for $1.6-1.7m. It’s not that enticing imo.

Richmond are the only club who haven't had a representative do media during trade week.

Can't be a coincidence - the divide is real.
we'll talk when its done! farkk em

Sampson isn’t ready. He will be a player but he’s bambi right now

Miller in the ruck as much as he tries is not his strength. Find it hard to believe you bring in two bulls and you weaken your ruck
Cats managed with shit rucks

People quickly forget.We took 5 kids last year in a deeper draft than this one.
and out of those only sonsie will make it

gibcus wont be playing afl in 4 years time

Almost every trade has been completed in the late afternoon.

There was no way the AFL was going to let 2 of their biggest trade deals be done in the first week. I guarantee a deal is probably done but the AFL have asked it to be held onto for now. If all the big deals were done early trade radio and the hype would be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back