List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

Tiger71 and Grockadoc trade update from the podcast.
Remember - This is all speculation, but as you know there is a level of reliability here. However, this shouldn't be treated as gospel as circumstances change.

T71 Update
  • Dustin Martin is staying (obviously) and will likely spread the money of his final year over an extra two years. Has no intention of leaving.
  • Ben King (free agency, next off-season) - with Dimma now being at the helm of GCS it changes things as Dimma was a big influence in talks with King. However, its definitely not dead in the water, just less likely than the 80% likelihood that was touted a year ago. There's a contract in front of him at the Suns which he still hasn't signed and its likely going to come down to how Gold Coast performs under Hardwick next year. We have a back-up plan which is Cadman from GWS who is apparently a big Tiger head. Cadman was confirmed by both Grock and T71 (correct me if im wrong).
  • Ginnivan - T71 hasn't heard anything. Just rumour.
  • Harmes - T71 hasn't heard anything. Just seems to be a loose connection due to Yze being the new coach.
  • We do have some interest in two of Melbourne's VFL (Casey) kids and kids from Williamstown. T71 couldn't remember the names and will let us know in due course.
  • Kozi - won't be an issue, we will get him and it won't be for a second round pick.
  • Soldo - 50/50 on whether he will stay or go. We won't be giving him away. Port are going hard for him. We could bundle another player in (example provided was Graham) in order to prise a better pick/player from Port.
  • Moneyball approach this year, but big target hunting next year.
  • Biggie going to North (we knew this already)
Grock update
  • We are looking at loading up through Free Agency next year.
  • Zurhaar, McGrath, McCluggage are players we are looking at. T71 was able to confirm that he has also heard McCluggage's name but not the other two. (Also seemed particularly displeased at the idea of McGrath lol)
  • Reiterated the Cadman interest. Who is still uncontracted and apparently wants to come home to Victoria.
  • It's going to be either King or Cadman, not both.
EleanorConway.jpg

Raised an eyebrow at this as well. Was pretty highly touted in his draft year from memory but was a very solid kid, may have come down to earth playing against men. Wouldn't mind him as a train on over summer.
Swans were decimated with defenders last year and still didn’t play Gould.
Then delisted him without the chance to trade and get something for him.
that should say it all - Wide Pass. Thanks
Some blokes just don’t step up from 18’s to AFL. This bloke is one of them.

Played some good footy at league SANFL footy level in his last year. Won the GF. That said he’s one of those bigger body types that just hasn’t translated. Seems strange he wasn’t given more opportunities at the Swans but then again he’s not quite big enough to be a KPD nor is he agile, athletic enough to be a running defender. Reckon the Crows might throw him a lifeline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a look don’t think either played a game for Casey ,,,Muley a big fella from berwick , Macdonald was a Vic u16s player in Rochelle and Tom browns year all I could find , dunno what posi he plays
are you still froffing over the barometer ?

mighy want to check who theyre getting

they arent any good

In fairness i didn’t think McStay, Bobby Hill, Markov and Mitchell were any good either, and all four played in a flag, with all bar Markov absolutely critical in September.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In fairness i didn’t think McStay, Bobby Hill, Markov and Mitchell were any good either, and all four played in a flag, with all bar Markov absolutely critical in September.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
its rehab mckay and arrows dursma

always investigate, sometimes there are other factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back