List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the info coming from that we rate Ashcroft the best player in this draft? 😂

It ain’t true. He’s in the top echelon no doubt. But no, not number one.
its to provide leverage on Richmonds abundance of late draft picks increasing their value/compensation for a pick around the 15 to 30 mark

"Hey Butters. You know that team you've been indoctrinated to hate for the past six years that's dead last on the ladder? Wanna go play for 'em?"

He'd cost pick 1 and then some, IF you could convince him to come to us. Which you couldn't.
Also hates us because he knows tigers will win their next flag before his weak shitbox club does

If we trade for king. That's the end for me
The guy is a ****ing squib

Have told this story before but worth re-telling here.

Guy I know was a lifetime Tiger supporter. Absolutely bled black and yellow. Got all excited when we came good in the 2013-15 period but of course we had the disappointment of losing our only 3 finals. 2016 was a disaster we won about 8 games and finished with the shocking 100+ point loss to Sydney. Then came the off season. We traded away all our picks for not the most sexy players in the competition, Prestia, Caddy, and Nankervis. Richmond were a laughing stock, media saying what is the club doing they need a total rebuild etc etc. My mate cracked. He was seen photographed on Facebook in a bomber guernsey.

I caught up with him soon after and asked wtf is going on. He said getting Prestia and Caddy was just wrong but maybe he could handle that, but Nankervis, wtf, he said that was the final straw. "He is shit, why did Richmond get him? I have had enough we are never going to win anything. I'm done."

Of course we all know what happened from there. He tried to get back on but I said it is too late, you are a bomber now. Every time I see him I say "how's it going bomber?" :tearsofjoy:

Guy I know was a lifetime Tiger supporter. Absolutely bled black and yellow. Got all excited when we came good in the 2013-15 period but of course we had the disappointment of losing our only 3 finals. 2016 was a disaster we won about 8 games and finished with the shocking 100+ point loss to Sydney. Then came the off season. We traded away all our picks for not the most sexy players in the competition, Prestia, Caddy, and Nankervis. Richmond were a laughing stock, media saying what is the club doing they need a total rebuild etc etc. My mate cracked. He was seen photographed on Facebook in a bomber guernsey.

I caught up with him soon after and asked wtf is going on. He said getting Prestia and Caddy was just wrong but maybe he could handle that, but Nankervis, wtf, he said that was the final straw. "He is shit, why did Richmond get him? I have had enough we are never going to win anything. I'm done."

Of course we all know what happened from there. He tried to get back on but I said it is too late, you are a bomber now. Every time I see him I say "how's it going bomber?" :tearsofjoy:
Was your mate 12 years old at the time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the point of your story is

The funniest thing was he wouldn’t have known nank from a bar of soap , his last game was a very handy performance in a semi , your mate wasnt worthy

Media was really positive on the caddy and nankervis trades. Kane Kornes raised the question of why were gave 6 for Prestia, who on talent was worth it but I thought with his injury history he’d have come a bit cheaper.

I don’t know how anyone could have seen what we got for Deledio and not been happy, especially as we got caddy for next to nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s a great resource to check before throwing out trade plans you think will skyrocket us to a flag:

There’s a lot of assumptions about first round picks etc… but reality is finding AA calibre players or A-graders is very bloody hard - most picks outside the top handful are far inferior players to Bolton, Baker and Rioli.

Getting draft picks in and ‘scatter gunning’ the next 2 x drafts with as many top-30 picks as we can I think is a wise move overall … but it’s absolutely pointless if it only comes from trading out 25-27yo elite players.

It must be done strategically (ie turning loads of 30-50 x picks into top-20 picks via point swaps). And getting those later picks by trading out fringe players like Soldo (tick), Graham (FA). I think we will lose at least 1 x quality player, and that’s enough IMO along with what we already have in draft capital.

If 2025 is a complete shocker and our current crop of youngsters are worse than we currently think they are, then we can still
Improve our draft hand in 2025 if the likes of Rioli want to explore options.

There’s no need to panic and trade out everyone of quality aged 25-28yo right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I agree. I'd rather see us keep our A graders and have a big trade out at the bottom end. Fill those lower list spots with highly ranked kids and watch them push through.

Sure if anyone asks to go get the best deal.

But don't be pushing gun players out the door !

I don't think LDU leaves, and especially not to us, but the last time your board had an ITK poster you guys had Dusty signed, sealed and delivered :p
I hope LDU stays and sets an example. He will get huge $$ in this deal. He and Zurhaar need to sign on. That's what builds clubs.

Simple, don't say you are done supporting Richmond. :)
I'll do what I ****ing want
Thank you very much if you want that squib pea 🫛 hearted piece of shit from St kilda
Then good for you. I'll.always barrack for Richmond. But would not be a member anymore if king becomes a tiger

Nank was the best trade, but reallly 2017 was driven by Cotch, Dusty, Rance, JR and the youngsters, in other words, manly who we drafted including Graham who had a great game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back