List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where the **** will he fit? I'm all for getting first round youngsters for chips but a small mid when we have Taranto, Hopper and pick #1 coming in.
Is his contract ending? Can we get a free agency pick for Graham and get phillips in for free? Or is he contracted and we take that contract off their books for a very late swap of picks?

I'm just watching Reid at WC. Those who say don't bottom out, how do you get these players in that win you premierships? I'm all for trading out baker, rioli, bolton and letting graham go, and short if he wants. That will get us lots of picks this year and number 1 next year.

Not sure. Probably for Hopper when he's injured :$. He'd barely be an upgrade on Dow.
matty love GIF by The Bachelorette Australia

Is his contract ending? Can we get a free agency pick for Graham and get phillips in for free? Or is he contracted and we take that contract off their books for a very late swap of picks?

I'm just watching Reid at WC. Those who say don't bottom out, how do you get these players in that win you premierships? I'm all for trading out baker, rioli, bolton and letting graham go, and short if he wants. That will get us lots of picks this year and number 1 next year.
Not sure on Phillips. Hes not a FA so wont affect any Graham compo.

We have enough picks equivalent to pick 6 but likely Brisbane have 15 so we will some spare late picks to make Phillips and maybe Konstanty work. Konstanty is out of contract so would be a PSD pick.

100%. Although I think Baker, Graham and Rioli is enough. I posted in draft thread that should lead to at least 12 top 25 picks in next 3 years on top of the 5 inside 30 we got in 2021 and 2 father sons and an academy kid plus Taranto, Hopper, Balta, Bolton, Ross, HRS, Smith, Campbell, MRJ. You either have to bottom out or get very lucky.

Next year Dyson Sharp is a star worth tanking for. Absolute beast, strong overhead, thumping kick.

Not sure on Phillips. Hes not a FA so wont affect any Graham compo.

We have enough picks equivalent to pick 6 but likely Brisbane have 15 so we will some spare late picks to make Phillips and maybe Konstanty work. Konstanty is out of contract so would be a PSD pick.

100%. Although I think Baker, Graham and Rioli is enough. I posted in draft thread that should lead to at least 12 top 25 picks in next 3 years on top of the 5 inside 30 we got in 2021 and 2 father sons and an academy kid plus Taranto, Hopper, Balta, Bolton, Ross, HRS, Smith, Campbell, MRJ. You either have to bottom out or get very lucky.

Next year Dyson Sharp is a star worth tanking for. Absolute beast, strong overhead, thumping kick.
The premiership years were unbelievable. Unbelievable after so many bad years. It's why I'm keen on not middling around 10th spot with ok sort of players. And since our era ended, I really just wanted to get excited but a young team again, and taking these picks this year and next really will.be exciting. Everyone is saying this year's draft is excellent and deep so I don't mind lots of young players coming in this year. They'll grow and take the spots of those who go home like Baker and Graham, it's 1 player out for a younger draftee in, and if we need good citizens to help their development then I'm sure we can pick the best of older players from any team who want to go around again. It's exciting, but I want to see talented players, as many as possible in our team again as soon as possible!

The premiership years were unbelievable. Unbelievable after so many bad years. It's why I'm keen on not middling around 10th spot with ok sort of players. And since our era ended, I really just wanted to get excited but a young team again, and taking these picks this year and next really will.be exciting. Everyone is saying this year's draft is excellent and deep so I don't mind lots of young players coming in this year. They'll grow and take the spots of those who go home like Baker and Graham, it's 1 player out for a younger draftee in, and if we need good citizens to help their development then I'm sure we can pick the best of older players from any team who want to go around again. It's exciting, but I want to see talented players, as many as possible in our team again as soon as possible!
It's no different to how we built the flag years. We just have some currency to speed this thing up.

Had a look. Phillips contract runs out this year. So what he is worth as an uncontracted player, probably a late pick swap, or PSD. So can get him quite cheap but does he add anything or does he just take midfield time away from this year's draftees

Yze to get Clayton Oliver across for a future 3rd rounder

Yze to get Clayton Oliver across for a future 3rd rounder

Would be worth it. We got $ to spare, Melbourne would be kidding themselves if they wanted a low pick to offload that contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back